[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
had a collision while biking today how do i heal pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
had a collision while biking today

how do i heal pic related? currently applying neosporin and bandaging with gauzy bandaids
>>
have you tried applying duct tape?
>>
Take a salt tablet you pansy
>>
I've had similar similar looking injuries from similar accidents. Anti-bacterial cream for sure, and gently washing. Bandage it when you're doing things, but you also need it to breathe (especially with the neosporin on); if you don't, the scab will be kinda gooey and soft, so much that it will literally wash away in the shower. Gotta let it breathe to make sure it scabs over well, while protecting it from dirt or damage with bandages, as much as possible.

Once it scabs, keep it moisturized so it doesn't crack, given it's in an area that sees a lot of movement or bumps. And don't pick at it!
>>
>>16675349
1. give it a decent scrub and get out any detritus out of the wound
2. wash with water, the scrubbing will probably have caused some bleeding but that is healthy
3. apply an antiseptic
4. apply a bandage pad, not gauze because that would get stuck when a scab forms,bandage in a "y" shape around the thumb, gauze is fine here because it's not directly on the wound
>>
>>16675384
This sounds like a good idea.

I'd also add that you should monitor the wound daily and if it doesn't heal soon visit your local clinic.
>>
>>16675361
>>16675384
>>16675389

thank you very much for the advice
>>
>>16675392
it's not a life threatening injury, as long as you make sure it doesn't get infected the whole thing will just be a nuisance
>>
>>16675406
This is key. It's definitely not a major concern, but infection is always possible, and definitely could become a major concern. Keeping it clean will be the biggest thing.

What about using hydrogen peroxide to clean it of any dirt and things? I've used it on deeper cuts (not hospital worthy). Any other responders have an opinion on it?
>>
That's kind of hot
>>
File: IMAG0742.jpg (647 KB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0742.jpg
647 KB, 2592x1728
I didn't apply any sort of bandage over my injury (pic related); three days after the crash I was already cycling again.
Just clean the wound really good and cut off any dead skin.
>>
>alcohol or similar antiseptic wipe
>put a sterile pad over it and wrap in a bandage
>tell all your friends that it's a mortal wound for dat sympathy
>>
>>16675819
Yeah, that's bordering on infected, mate. Sort your shit out.
>>
>>16675349
Also use Aloe Vera if possible it helps with burns and healing up the skin.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.