[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say contradictory stuff on 4chan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Logo.png (426 KB, 1501x289) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
426 KB, 1501x289
People call me close-minded for asking why anyone would pursue their passions as careers, yet someone agrees with me as in this guy!
>>>/an/2035807
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 256x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 256x259
>>16675309
4chan is not a hivemind. It has a large amount of anonymous users with different opinions.
>>
>>16675353
If someone agrres with ne, it proves that I am not that wrong, so why do people call me wrong?
>>
>>16675364
Because people don't understand the difference between fact and opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (316 KB, 1440x1069) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316 KB, 1440x1069
GO AWAY
>>
>>16675367
It's a fact thay going to work sucks. As that anon said, if going to work was fun, they would not need to pay you.
>>
>>16675405
I think going to work is fun. I still get paid. But I also understand some people just can't do the things they love
>>
File: 1449334051819.png (51 KB, 835x709) Image search: [Google]
1449334051819.png
51 KB, 835x709
>>16675364
>>
>>16675412
I bet this is b8
>>
>>16675441
Well there are a few things I don't like about my job, but overall I love it. I'm a dog groomer btw
>>
>>16675454
OP here. Sincr you work with animals, what are yiur thoughts on the thread I linked to?
Groomers need to aggressive dogs and rude owners.
>>
>>16675477
Most bites that I get don't break the skin. I only have to deal with 5-7 customers a day, and almost all of them have been nice.
I actually originally wanted to become a vet, but school was a big issue for me. When I graduated from high school, I decided to get a job and decide where to go from there. I started working at a dog daycare and boarding facility. I got fired because I called in sick twice. After that I worked retail and HATED it. Then I started as a bather at a grooming shop. I thought it would just be a job, but it turned out to be the beginning of my career. I got on the job training (didn't have to pay for it like school) and I really enjoy doing this.
I know I could get paid more at other jobs, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much. I like having few people to deal with, and I'm really good with animals. I do make a decent living too. Honestly I feel like it's perfect for me.
>>
>>16675529
That's good. What about dealing with large, aggressive dogs though?
When people make the jump to pick a career/job, how can they know that they are not ronanticising it too much?
>>
>>16675558
I haven't really had much of a problem with that. However, I did send one home today without trimming his nails because he was very aggressive for that part and he was too old to muzzle. Most dogs can be worked with.

I was so scared of making a career choice. But luckily, I kind of got to try it out before I made the decision
>>
>>16675577
Why would someone change careers if it is not moneywise then? Things could becomr worse? The grass might not be greener on the other side of the fence.
>>
>>16675587
Well maybe it's not what they expected it to be. Maybe they get tired of it. I don't really know. I mean things could become bad in the workplace, but would that really call for an entire career change?
>>
>>16675595
Ok.
Haven't you met rude owners? Surely some are rude. When I was in retail, I've met people who swear at me.
>>
>>16675693
Yes I have. There are some crazies. But overall they're nice. I mean I'm always polite to them, so usually they are in return. In the short time that I worked in retail was when I really met a lot of rude people.
>>
OP, you need to see a shrink. Seriously. You have all the signs of mental illness.
>>
>>16675729
I don't. It is true that some people agree with me like >>>/an/2035807
>>
>>16675309
Work is soul-crushing if you don't really have any kind of emotional investment in it.
So it makes sense that you'd enjoy doing what you actually enjoy doing.
The fact that you can't seem to grasp this seems to be a fault in either your empathy or learning.
>>
>>16675951
But he just cites things people do to pass time/fill the void in their lives, not what people usually refer to as a "passion". People who have a passion for making art are called artists. People who have a passion for helping other people are usually social workers and shit like that. People who have a passion for vidya and drugs are addicts.
You're a retard.
>>
>>16675309
By the sounds of it this isn't really a passion, but a job you enjoy doing. Nothing wrong with enjoying your work, I enjoy my job too
>>
>>16675951
Ever tried going outside and making friends?
>>
>>16676022
>Work is soul-crushing if you don't really have any kind of emotional investment in it
You can learn to love your job
>>16676041
What is your job?
>>
>>16676082
How is this relevant?
>>
>>16676089
Because you have nothing in your life but posting the same thing every day, desperately looking for people you think agree with you. Your life is empty.
>>
>>16675309
If you can't get past this part of choosing a career, you'll be mediocre at best in whatever career you let happen to you.
Sack up and choose.
>>
>>16675309
What part of this statement do you not understand:

Different people have different opinions.

You like chocolate ice cream and I like vanilla. If someone asks our opinion on the best flavor, we'll give different answers. Then it's up to the someone to decide which advice to take.
>>
>>16676101
I go to uni so I am not a NEET (but I'm not a normie either)
>>
>>16675309
this again?
>>
stop making this thread
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.