[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend's ex used his credit card for about 1,000 dollars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
My boyfriend's ex used his credit card for about 1,000 dollars recently. She admitted to it and didn't even really apologize. Just kind of said, you should have changed your pin.

He doesn't want to press charges and didn't even bitch her out at all. He says it isn't worth it, but to me, it raised major red flags.

Am I crazy for thinking he must still have feels for her?
>>
>>16674589
Could be he just wants to move on and not get into yet another argument with her. If my ex did that shit I'd probably just get the money back and try and move on asap. Of course it could be what you think, ask him about it and see how he responds. don't like accuse him though
>>
>>16674589
Did you find out or did he tell you out of guilt?

Unless he has something to hide he'd do something about it.
>>
>>16674589

It sounds more like he knows she's a psychotic black hole of endless drama, and for him, it's worth it to lose $1000 and change his pin, rather than get drawn into a fight with her. She clearly did this as a move to get his attention, he knows that, and he's not giving her what she wants.

If he still had feelings for her, he'd get drawn in. He'd fight. His response pretty much sounds like he's just sick of her shit and would rather just end this situation quickly.
>>
>>16674603
He told me. But the fact he's so willing to just let it go is crazy to me. We kind of rebounded too. They were together for 6 years, then we started dating less than a month after that. Been about a year.

Idk. I just think if my ex did that, I'd at least threaten charges until paid back. He doesn't have that money to spare, at all.
>>
>>16674589
I don't think he has feels for her based on this.

It could be that he's been trying to get her out of his life and she does things like this to squeeze back in. So he thinks the best way to fight it is to completely avoid drama with her like this.
>>
>>16674589
>Am I crazy for thinking he must still have feels for her?
He might or might not have feels for her but I'm 100% certain he's a bitch boi if he doesn't even blink at his ex fuck face spending a G. Is he a trust fund baby? Because otherwise any reasonable person would straight press charges.
>>
>>16674615
Well. There are multiple things like this. For example, she never gave him this box of stuff that has pretty expensive stuff of his back. She has requested to be able to go through his stuff and find this shit she's "missing" (some sweater) a few times. Hes always allowed her to at the request she brings his stuff. She always comes but never leaves his things. But he doesn't want to "push it."
>>
>>16674630
No! He's pretty broke as his job is a government job... So that's a lot of money for him. Otherwise, I'd understand.
>>
>>16674634
Sounds like an excuse to keep in touch with her, like an insurance policy of sorts.
>>
>>16674638
>Broke
>Government job
>Girl spend his cash
I'm not a girl but if a girl spent my man's cash while I was dating him, taking her bitch ass to task would be a requirement for me to stay with him because, from his profile, looks like you've got a wet noodle of a man.

I apologize in advance for continuing to insult your man... he just doesn't seem like much of a man to me.
>>
>>16674652
Could be, or it could be that he has no idea how to deal with this kind of shit. I'm assuming OP and her bf are semi-young and this is likely his first major break up.

I'd say to end it all, he could go through all his shit, find anything that is hers, and have a friend drop it on her doorstep. That's the rational way.

All in all, if he doesn't have feels for her, he's definitely being way too passive about this than he ought to be.

If that were my boyfriend, I'd ask him how long he plans to keep his ex girlfriend in his life. And see how he responds.

She still sounds like an emotional fucking vampire, tho OP. And I don't know how your bf truly feels, but I'm getting the sense that he has no clue how to deal with it and doesn't want to create any waves.
>>
>>16674589
He doesnt want to fight her. He wants to be done with her.
Why are you so unreasonably jealous. he apparently ended the relationship without hostile feelings and you should take this as a sign that hes actually capable of caring for another person.
>>
>>16674666
We aren't young. 30s. Should be old enough to handle this.
>>
>>16674677
Ah okay, I go back on my assumption, sorry.

Still think he's being way too passive for this shit though.
>>
>>16674681
Exactly. Regardless of if he's trying to just be over it, it is such a bitch move. I've had horrible break ups where I wanted to be over it, but I never would have let that fly. Regardless of feelings, I feel like he's being a wimp.
>>
Tell him to get that fucking money back, end of story. He's broke but he can just let a thousand dollars slide because he doesn't want drama? I'd honestly leave a guy if he refused to take some initiative in that scenario.
>>
>>16674694
And that's how I'm feeling. Love him so much, but to me, that's just repulsive that I'd have to tell you not to let someone walk all over you.
>>
>>16674677
I make decent money, thankfully. $1000 to just give someone wouldn't fly with me. A friend 'borrowed' 100 from me one time. He kept on making excuses and dodging me. I didn't need it, but it's principle. I drove to his house one morning early. Banged on the door until he opened it. He answered the door in his undies, he handed me a bag of quarters. I told him I want the same denominations as I gave him and I'd be back the next morning. Guess what? He paid me.

Your bf is either a huge wimp(unlikely) or wants her in his life and vice versa. Especially, if they're in regular contact.
>>
>>16674716
They aren't in regular contact, but every few months the whole "I think that my (whatever) is at your place" comes up.

I've been there, and we all know what that means. No one gives a shit about that nonsense, it is all about an excuse to remain in contact.
>>
I don't know if it's like this for all banks but for RBC atleast, if the person spending your money was given your pin by you it's 100% your fault.
>>
>>16674738
But OPs bf could still bitch her out.
>>
>>16674728
Every few months is pretty regular considering they're exes. If my gf was in contact with exes who wanted to check her things, 'forgot' things, whatever. I'd either break up with her or not be a very nice guy when I saw the ex.
>>
>>16674745
Thank you. Been trying to not be a crazy gf, but it just doesn't add up to me.
>>
>>16674738
That's kind of what he claims. He can't be mad BC he gave it to her when they were dating...
>>
>>16674749
Sounds like you've been pretty tolerant, not crazy.
>>
>>16674589
Your boyfriend is either a pushover or still has feeling for her. Maybe even both. You should take him for everything he's got and leave him, but after you leave him still use him for anything and everything.

You should break up with him for sure though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.