[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting cockblocked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1452214132255.jpg (28 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1452214132255.jpg
28 KB, 400x267
Ok /adv/ I have a problem and I need your help. There's a qt guy in one of my classes. I like him and I'm almost positive the feeling is mutual, but this girl is constantly fucking shit up. Everyday pretty much goes something like this:

>get to class a few minutes before her
>qt will turn around and say hey/ask about my day
>talk to him a little
>bitch shows up
>says something like "Stop talking to her. You're annoying her."
>mfw
>I say I like talking to him
>she doesn't listen to me
>starts talking about the Tumblr issue of the day
>literally talks so loud that he can't hear me
>give up
>put in my earbuds for the rest of class

I'm pretty sure she's intentionally trying to get him to not talk to me, which doesn't make sense because she's lesbian/trans (I'm not sure which but the point is I think she isn't into dudes). She's annoying, but she's not mean to me so I don't want to be a dick to her. What do I do? I just want to talk to him more than 5 minutes a day.
>>
>>16674052
Ask for his number before she gets there, or sit next to him instead
>>
There's a huge difference between a lesbian and a transgirl. I'd estimate that most transwomen are straight, as in they're into men.

Anyways, if she isn't into the guy, she might be into you. Ever crossed your mind?

Since she isn't into him, it's be easy for you to walk up to him, do whatever you do when you show interest in a guy, and tell him something like 'You know, I'd be much easier for us to hang out more if you told me lesbian friend to back off and stop cockblocking you.'

I can't imagine this not working, since he'll be thinking about it for days until he finally gathers the courage to ask you out. In the meantime, just continue to do what you do. Look at him, smile, flick your hair, all that dumb shit.

If he's worth anything, he won't be silenced by your butchy friend.
>>
>>16674085
Someone already sits beside him so that's not an option. I'll try to get his number or SC if i get the chance.

>>16674118
>There's a huge difference between a lesbian and a transgirl.

I don't know much about trans people, but she's FtM so wouldn't that make her a transguy?

>She might be into you. Ever crossed your mind?

Yeah, I've thought about. She's seems to be ok with me as long as I'm not talking to him. I think its oblivious that I'm straight so I don't know why she would even try with me.

>Since she isn't into him, it's be easy for you to walk up to him, do whatever you do when you show interest in a guy, and tell him something like 'You know, I'd be much easier for us to hang out more if you told me lesbian friend to back off and stop cockblocking you.'

They seem like they've known each other for awhile, he's known me for 2 weeks. I don't know if that would go over too well.
>>
>>16674177
If it's FtM it a 'he'
Might just be a lesbian though, idk.

You're allowed to flirt with whomever you like. Get his number.
>>
>>16674192
I guess she must be a super butch because several people have referred to her as "she" before.

>You're allowed to flirt with whomever you like.

But I can't, she won't let me say more than a few words before she cuts me off. And I could see her flipping her shit if I asked for his number.

I've been thinking about it and I've seen him talk to another guy and girl in our class and she won't interrupt them. I guess she really does have some kind of problem with me but I don't know what it is.
>>
>>16674226
>And I could see her flipping her shit if I asked for his number.

Do it anyways?
You need to put your foot down op. She can -feel- any way she wants but if she's interfering in your social life you need to grow a back bone and tell her (him, WHATEVER) to shove off.

That would boil my fucking blood
>>
File: 331325.jpg (29 KB, 408x508) Image search: [Google]
331325.jpg
29 KB, 408x508
>>16674241
I want to say something her/him/xir, but I don't think you understand. This isn't like a normal person, they are a living, breathing version of tumblr. The most trivial shit will make her rant for half a hour.

If I get to class before her tomorrow, I'll ask him to sit next to me instead of her. Hopefully, she'll get that I don't want to talk to her.
>>
>>16674304

Why don't you just go to coffee, to "discuss class". And don't let the bitch hear you. Then once you have contact info, you can bitch about what a bitch that bitch is and how bitchy her bitch bitch bitch is.
>>
>>16674304

I can see that blowing up in your face if she decides to chew him out for "sitting next to you and bugging you"
Whatever you do, make sure you get his number soon or else he's going to associate you with her and be turned off to talking to you
>>
>>16674304

It's possible that she's oblivious that she's causing a problem for you, though, and you might be able to defuse the whole situation by just politely letting her know. Just say you kind of like the guy, you want to talk to him a bit more, and she's been interrupting you.
>>
>>16674317
I would love too. I don't how ask him though. I usually get to know a guy well before I ask him to hang out. The only thing I really know about him is his name and that he thinks I'm cute.

>>16674323
>Whatever you do, make sure you get his number soon or else he's going to associate you with her and be turned off to talking to you

I see him using snapchat a lot in class. Do guys think its weird if I ask him to follow me on it? Or should I just say I need help in class and ask for his number?

>>16674327
I mean she doesn't seem like a terrible person, but it doesn't take a fucking genius to realize that I'm trying to talk to him one on one. She butts into the convo everyday. I think she knows that he's into me because he said I was cute right in front of her.
>>
>>16674375

>it doesn't take a fucking genius to realize that I'm trying to talk to him one on one

I've met lots of people who really aren't good at reading social cues like that, especially in late teens/early twenties. There's a good chance that you're right and she's doing it on purpose, but people surprise you sometimes. It's always good to give the benefit of the doubt at first, and at least try to handle it directly and non-confrontationally.

If you let her know what's up, and she still keeps trying to get in between you two, then all bets are off. But from the way you've described things, I think there's a chance that she's just a genuinely awkward person trying to be friendly.
>>
>>16674375
>I see him using snapchat a lot in class. Do guys think its weird if I ask him to follow me on it? Or should I just say I need help in class and ask for his number?

no you should go for it. I have no idea how snapchat works but my guess is it's pretty casual for young adults so it'd be a good way to reach out to him outside of class without tumblr creature catching on
>>
>>16674386
I can see telling her I like him directly not working out. She'll either get jealous or make it awkward for everyone.

How can I make it oblivious that I'm trying to date him without directly saying it?
>>
>>16674448

I think your whole problem here is that you're trying to get everything done without being direct. You're trying to date the guy without just asking for his number, trying to get this girl off your back without having to tell her she's bothering you, etc etc.

Find some courage, and just tell her that it's rude to interrupt conversations like that. I'm telling you there's at least a 75% chance she will be mildly embarrassed that she's been fucking up your shit, she'll apologize and the problem will be over.
>>
>>16674459
Alright I'm going be direct.

I'll ask him for his number tomorrow, and if she tries to be annoying I'll tell her to back off. Hopefully, she won't be pissed and I can talk to my qt in peace.
>>
>>16674568

Good luck anon
>>
>>16674568

Give us an update tomorrow, I'm genuinely interested in this.
>>
>>16674568
After lurking this thread for a while I'd just like to say that I'm rooting for you op! But one word of advice when telling this chick off, try not to lose your cool.
If she flips her shit you should try to remain more composed, that way your qt will see how strong and capable you are as well. You'll also probably appear more well mannered and better person this way.
Good luck!
>>
Holy fuck you sound like a friend of mine. Do u go to a school in NJ by any chance?
>>
If tumblr person gets annoyed just say you get triggered when people interrupt you trying to talk to someone.
>>
>>16676006
Best idea I've ever heard
>>
You should turn to him and say "Hey, it looks like Tumblrette is dying to talk to you. Why don't we finish our conversation over lunch after class?" If she tries to invite herself along, tell her flat out that you want your own time to talk with him. If he's worth his salt he'll side with you at the cost of basically telling her that her presence is unwelcome. If he doesn't do that and tries to keep the peace, honestly, you'd be better off not dating him anyway. Decent guys have the balls to upset others for the greater good.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.