[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brother Joining Fancyschmancy Boarding Shool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (371 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
371 KB, 1920x1200
I am totally asking for my younger sixteen year old brother, and I am totally not the brother in question.

My younger brother (16) has the opportunity to go to one of Sweden's best boarding schools - actually, the best. The royal family send their children here and many famous actor's children go there. The thing is, this school is famous for so called "pennalism" in Swedish which is basically organised bullying under the disguise that it's to discipline the students (this is carried out by the older students). That being said, my brother is being sent there because of his irresponsible behaviour, so maybe this will do some good.

The question is - should he pick a mediocre, normal college (his grades are bad as well) and end up in a class with decent education and no contacts - or should he go to a fancy boarding school where he can get contacts for life, a great education but at the cost of semi-bullying?
>>
If you believe he can handle himself, then go big.
If you want to shelter him in a boring enviornment where he could possibly fail just because he feels like it then go home.
>>
Wait, I'm confused. Why are bad seeds getting sent to this fancy school?
>>
>>16674041
Not why, how
>Money
>>
>>16674041
"Bad seeds" are often children with extremely rich parents who work outside of the country. They sent their kids to boarding schools which often leads to these kids becoming rebellious teens who do cocaine and fuck hookers. It's also part of the upper class culture in these schools to have these kind of bullying. It's not the nigger ghetto tier bullying, it's organised and hierarchy based. And it's not only Sweden, I've heard they have it in other countries such as South Africa as well, where the older students have their own "fags" they use for various tasks, one example being heating the toilet seat.
>>
>>16674066
Who's paying?
>>
>>16674076
Their parents, duh.
>>
>>16674081
Your parents are rich then? Sorry from the OP it seemed like you're regular people and someone is helping him get there.
>>
>>16674084
Nope, we're from a rich family. That's not really relevant though. I'm mainly asking if anyone has had any experience with these kind of schools and whether or not a mediocre bullying-free school is better than a nearly perfect school with lots of bullies.
>>
Bumping this straight before heading to bed. Looking forward to reading the replies tomorrow.
>>
I'd say go and give the place a chance. It's not like he can't leave if he doesn't think that place doesn't help him in what he wants to do or if the environment is terrible.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.