[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Court
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: court-hammer_thumb[1].jpg (66 KB, 1188x816) Image search: [Google]
court-hammer_thumb[1].jpg
66 KB, 1188x816
I've got court tomorrow, some cops found about 6gs of cannabis and a couple bongs in my friend's car. Charged both of us. None of it was mine, I denied everything, I had nothing on me. Even if my friend were to lie and say it was all mine, would there be any way I would get charged with anything? It was in his car, after all.
>>
File: Hydrangeas.jpg (581 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hydrangeas.jpg
581 KB, 1024x768
guess i should include
>tfw no gf how to get girls pls help
or something
>>
>>16673487
His car, his property; unless you claim anything. I'm in the US, and worked for a law firm, briefly.

My sisters's mother's husband works for Nintendo, if that helps.
>>
>>16673487

Don't know whether it matters, but who was driving?
>>
>>16673622
The friend in question. His car, him driving, him being pulled over. He said he confessed to the OP4, cannot confirm for obvious reasons.
>>
>>16673634

Seems really difficult to imagine that you could get charged with anything in that scenario.
>>
>>16673651
That's what I figured, I'm going to assume the judge will probably just drop it as soon as I go up to the stand. I've never been to court nor been inside a court. Should I just say something along the lines of "It was in anon's vehicle and it was anon's drugs/paraphernalia."

I shouldn't have to explain my whole life story right? We have court on the same date at the same time.
>>
>>16673487
Yeah you can if he blames you,they can also drug test and you being dirty would be same bs.
Wouldn't 6gs be like a misdemeanor though?get a state attorney for free and have him change it to a smaller charge or at least deferred
>>
>>16673674
Something like that, the problem is the fine and criminal history. My record is clean. When would I get a public defender? My actual lawyer wants to charge me $600 for this shit. Also I haven't smoked in 9 days, so I'm definitely clean.
>>
File: 1290381283803.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1290381283803.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
>>16673691
Stay clean for now OP I'd reccomend to deny it all and say you were unaware of him having the bud and whatnot,as for attorney they offer it on the court date,they'll try to make a Dela and stuff but for $600 I'd say do it.only a shy paycheck to keep your record clean,if you don't have enough try to see eif you can do payments and call him a dick for not being a tru lawyer and helping a nigguh out
>>
>>16673487
1. Get a Lawyer: It'll end up mostly being a matter of legal wording and precedence bs that you may not be ready to handle
2. Research your state's penalties for possession of marijuana: some states are more lenient then others. For ex., I live in NC, and it takes almost a legitimate dealer for the police to get interested, let alone the DA. We're one of the more lenient states.
3. Stay Sober: good job on starting on that.
4. Stay humble: the judge may take leniency on you if you show regret not for getting caught, but for the act itself

experience: I was brought up on a possession charge a few months ago as well
>>
>>16673691
You get the option to get one when you go to court. You check and sign a paper stating if you have an attorney or need one.

Unless your friend pleads guilty and takes all the blame you'll be back in court again and that's when you'll get your attorney.

When you go up to the judge they ask you your name to verify you are who you are, and the tell your the charges levied against you. Again unless he pleads guilty you'll get another court date where he can then plead guilty, take a please bargain, or try to fight it and go to trial.

Worst case scenario, which is unlikely because you should get off scotch free, you get slapped with a misdemeanor, pay a fine and court costs. You can get that kind of misdemeanor expunged off your record after X years. It varies by state and crime. You shouldn't get shit though. Everything is on your friend.
>>
>>16673720
plea bargain*
>>16673714
>4
I highly doubt a judge is going to give a shit. She just wants you in and out. There could be 30+ other people waiting on the docket.
>>
>>16673669

Just tell hem you didn't know about the drugs. How in hell will they ever proof that you did? And fuck perjury. It's not like that courthouse is some sort of holy institution.
>>
>>16673731
I had no idea what was in the car when I got in, it was only when he started pulling shit out and throwing it under the seat.
>>
>>16673738

Either way, I think your story is easiest when you just deny knowing anything about drugs. They can only punish you if they can proof you did something wrong. Which seems extremely difficult in this scenario.
>>
>>16673748
It's the truth, after all. Here's my battle plan:
>show up, sign for lawyer
>tell the judge who I am, etc
>charged with x, and y
>deny, "I was unaware of the presence of drugs in the vehicle until anon was pulled over"
>ok, get out of here
>>
>>16673487
Why are you throwing your friend completely under the bus? I'm sure you smoked that weed out of those bongs too.
>>
>>16673775
I'm sorry but go fuck yourself. I was on a 6 month t break at the time and we got pulled over because he ran a red light right in front of a cop. I shouldn't have my perfect record ruined because "ayy we're buds even though I can't trust you won't throw me under the bus!"
He's in the wrong, not me, I don't take the blame for shit that isn't my fault. Fuck you.
>>
>>16673775
There is no honor among criminals. This isn't Goodfellas. Robert Deniro isn't going to praise you for not snitching. It's every man for himself. Especially for deviant drug users. Maybe some like real hard criminals might have loyalty but not low life drug users.

No offense to OP. I mean I used to do drugs too when I was younger but I grew up. Doing drugs is a waste of money and time.
>>
>>16673780
Well suit yourself. He probably won't want to be your friend anymore. If my favorite denied everything including things they did and told them everything I would never speak to them again
>>
>>16673796
Dude it's weed. It's legal or decriminalized almost everywhere and it's safer than other "prescription drugs" like Xanax and pain killers. Don't compare people that smoke weed to drug lords and devious criminals. You know reefer madness isn't real, right buddy?
>>
>>16673796
lol
>>16673798
We have an understanding (or we don't and he's an underhanded cunt). If I were in his position I'd expect the same treatment. Maybe you didn't read the thread.

Helpful thread regardless, all should be well.
>>
>>16673796
>people who smoke weed are deviant criminals
Wut
>>
>>16673811
>degenerate rationalizing his disgusting behavior

kek
>>
>>16673775
>Why are you throwing your friend completely under the bus?
He's not though, is he? The guy didn't say "Hey OP, can you ride shotgun for me while I move this weed across toen" after all - OP didn't even know it was there. If they were in it together an OP was trying to pin it all on the other guy then fair enough, but you can't expect him to cop for something he didn't do just because he happened to be there when his mate fucked up.

Besides which, even if OP turned round and said half of it was his, the driver is still getting done just the same. There won't be any difference in punishment between getting caught with 6g or with 3g. In fact, if two friends get caught with an amount like that it makes sense for one of them to take all the blame. There's no point in both of them getting a record over something so trivial after all.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.