[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1452040337550.gif (202 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
1452040337550.gif
202 KB, 460x259
Any experience with antidepressants? Been struggling on and off to live for the past 3 years. Did they work for you?
>>
I've been off and on antidepressants for 16 years. At first, I was diagnosed with clinical depression, eventually resulting into a bipolar 2 diagnosis. Honestly, 90% of them don't work. The ones that do, are minimal effectiveness if any. What worked for me before my episodes of psychosis, eating healthy, working out, and having a hobby you enjoy.
>>
>>16673427
SSRI's are evil. They made me so stupid I couldn't even form a rational sentence. Have you thought about taking some herbal supplements. Same-e, st johns wort, kava kava, DLPA.
>>
I was prescribed antidepressants by my doctor and never used them.
Doing fine now.
I found out I was legally blind and got my glasses shortly after being diagnosed with depression and honestly that helped so much I didn't even need to use anti depressants.
Find something you like to take your mind off of it. After I got my glasses I found that taking walks in the park really helped when I was feeling down in the dumps.
>>
>>16673427
Antidepressents dont work. Try Jesus.
>>
I tried citalopram a couple times. It definitely made me feel less shitty, and while I was fine with the lesser side-effects like the restless legs and brain zaps, I realised it was affecting my memory since I couldn't retain the information in a book I was reading. This might just be me though.
>>
Prozac in my teens. Had minor sexual dysfunction for a few years and a couple of instances of exploding head syndrome. I stopped feeling like shit when I started smoking weed when I was 15. Now, I'm almost 22, lacking willpower to do stuff and on and off the herb.
>>
I take antidepressants since when I was 18, now I'm 34. Tried to stop taking them a few times with disastrous results. So I can say they work very well for me.
>>
I have anxiety and panic attacks. got zoloft took it once then had brain zaps scared me never took again. still having anxiety like everyday so idk what to do.
>>
>>16673427
I was on Sertraline to treat anxiety and insomnia
I stopped after 3weeks because it killed my boner
My insomnia resolved over time and my anxiety went away when my sleep improved

Sorry I can't say anymore but that's my experience with anti deps
>>
>>16673427
Prozac for awhile
Zoloft

Neither had ANY effect (good or bad) except making me not want to fuck at all for the rest of time.

I have a therapist whom I lovingly refer to as "Dr Useless", because everything I tell him he says sounds rational. Or maybe I'm just more well adjusted than I think in my head... who knows. My psych is good... started me on Welbutrin. It just slightly evens me out and gives me more energy. And I'm back to wanting to fuck a normal amount.
>>
>>16674126
Sertraline=Zoloft
>>
Meds are bad. learn to use your brain to trick itself into being happy.
Meds made everything worse for me.
>>
I took venlafaxine SNRI while back, the intro dose worked pretty well for me, so I upped it and all hell broke loose.

Stoned as all hell, clumzy, lazy, tired, sex drive gone, palpitations, sleeping all day, loss of muscle all over body day by day.

The withdrawals take about 2 months for anyone not on it..And you will see a few peopole talking about rage..I swear to god I am thankful I didnt kill someone on the withdrawals, you just see red at the drop of a hat. And I've never been in a fight or struck someone in anger in my life. I got pretty close to strangling my brother once. bad times..
But after that I'm back to my ocd repressed self...and frankly I wish I could start on a mini dose, but I was taken off them outside of my control. But the consequences...

SSRI setraline and citalopram just made me a bit numb and clumzy, then mega mood swings (no anger)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.