[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone have ocasional suicidal thoughts if not suffering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: hemingway.jpg (13 KB, 162x227) Image search: [Google]
hemingway.jpg
13 KB, 162x227
Can someone have ocasional suicidal thoughts if not suffering a (clinical) depression?
>>
I'm guessing that's your case, so yes, I guess.
>>
Suicidal thoughts are, by definition, a clear sign of depression.
>>
>>16672977
Dunno if I'm clinically depressed, didn't see no psychologists
>>
>>16672996
If you have thought of suicide, it's time to consult with a mental health professional, either therapist, nurse practitioner, psychologist or psychiatrist. It is easiest to get an appointment with a therapist or psych nurse practitioner.
Just get their point of view. Suicidal thinking is not a pleasant way to live.
>>
>>16673035
I personally think the single "suicidal" word will trigger them and I will inmediately get given antideps desu. Thats the shit I don't want.
>>
>>16672996
Well that sort of depends. If you're under a lot of stress you might have these thoughts because you need an 'escape route'. You keep it as a last resort and when things get bad, these thoughts may become more substantial.

It's also possible depending on how far these thoughts go. Having occasional thoughts of suicide are not that big a worry and don't necessarily indicate depression. However, if you have a habit of mutilating yourself when you have these thoughts or actually start looking for ways to kill yourself, there's a good chance you're clinically depressed.
>>
>>16673176
Depends on where you're from. In the US or other countries without good healthcare I imagine psychiatrists are more likely to diagnose you as depressed because depression meds are big money.

In countries with good healthcare, I'd think the shrinks are more honest because it doesn't matter to them economically whether or not you decide to get medication.
>>
>>16673224
Nah, my country has kinda fine healthcare... but not in psychology. Burocracy, lists, laziness and shit. Don't know anyone with mental issues who stayed with public psychologists. Three of those acquitances were given antideps, but they were/are more than 40. I don't really wanna start takin antideps at 19.
>>
>>16673245
You shouldn't. Taking those meds while not suffering from actual depression will make things worse. They completely numb you to everything.
>>
>>16672974
Everyone fantasizes about killing themselves and imagining how people's reactions would be and who would come to your funeral. You're normal.
>>
File: 1PmFbSM.jpg (86 KB, 639x615) Image search: [Google]
1PmFbSM.jpg
86 KB, 639x615
Speaking of depression, are these signs of it:

discouragement with life
numbness
extreme boredom
fatigue
feeling like a robot
>>
I would just ask a doctor, it's best if you do have thoughts like that
>>
>>16673443
It ain't like that. In fact, people's reactions is what ends up dissuading me during that thoughts desu.
>>
holding back and not confronting a problem will only lead on for it to get bigger, doctors are trustworthy and if you're afraid then that's too bad
>>
>>16673469
I just don't think start takin antideps at 19 is a good idea...
>>
>>16673501
It's very likely they won't even prescribe them. If taking antidepressants at 19 is unhealthy, a doctor knows this and won't prescribe them until he/she is absolutely certain that you're suffering from depression.

Even if you suffer from actualy depression there's a chance you won't get a prescription until you actually signal that the mental pain is becoming unbearable
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.