[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get through depression phase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: crypepe3.png (204 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
crypepe3.png
204 KB, 500x486
How do you keep yourself alright when you're in a depression phase? I know how to keep depression away through exercise, productivity and abstinence from drugs, but sometimes I fail and I snort a line or smoke a blunt or drink a bottle, and I fall down again...

I know I'm going to be better in a few days, I just need tips on going through this. I feel awful, lonely, desperate, worthless, my head hurts, I'm on the edge of tears constantly.
I can't even keep my mind straight on the Visual Studio. I can't concentrate on anything, I just want to take those bromazepam pills from my grandma and mix them with a bottle of wine (an hero).

How do you deal with your depression phases?
>>
Travel aimlessly. I hop on a bus and just sleep there, not giving a shit where it goes.
>>
>>16672575
Fuck I gotta try that.
>>
Have you tried literally killing yourself?
>>
Don't use drugs to get out of depression it makes things much worse, I go lighter on the alcohol when I am depressed. Force yourself to do things you are normally interested in regardless if you think it's pointless and you will get out of it faster. Try to stay in motion best you can as well, I'll admit I still collapse when depressed but I try to limit how long I stay collapsed.
>>
>>16672683
I know. I never do it intentionally - last night it was a situation that it was birthday of a good friend of mine's, and my best friend offered me a joint, I refused but he said "if you feel like it, we'll be there behind" and went behind the bar. After few minutes I thought that one hit would do me no harm and it would cheer me up, so I went and took a smoke.

That hit had loosened me up, so when the next joint appeared I took 2-3 more hits and was pretty stoned afterwards. Then I lost my though-control and started thinking about a lot of negative stuff which led to depression.

How do I prevent this?
>>
>>16672533
It gets better.

Stop smoking all together, it doesn't help.

Drink 3 times a week, once lightly, once medium and once heavily. Heavily does not mean black out drunk. Drinking cider/beer is better than spirits.

Make sure you see your friends. Let them know what's going on.

Make sure you get out of the house often.

Make sure you shower every day in the morning

These aren't gaurenteed ways to feel better, but I know they help me.
>>
dude, just keep living life, it'll sort itself out and you just need to keep strong.
>>
Eckhart tolle

Awaken spiritualy
>>
>>16672533
Eat something - preferably protein. Eggs, hamburger, peanut butter, nuts. It will help stabilize your blood sugar.

Have plenty of liquids, nonalcoholic, not too much sugar. Ice tea, milk, water, hot tea.
>>
Or wait untill no one is home, step inside the shower and just cry.
>>
Masterbate to nothing but your imagination
>>
I struggle with depression. I pray and God listens to me. It's reassuring to know that He hears me. Unfortunately, it doesn't always get me out of my bed. I really do love the other poster's idea of getting on a bus, watching the scenery and just being someplace other than my apartment.. We don't have buses in our area. I think that I'll call my psychiatrist and ask him to increase my dosage of antidepressant. Depression is not for sissies. It's really difficult.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.