[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumping off a bridge?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (712 KB, 2048x1418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
712 KB, 2048x1418
I'm not suicidal or anything like that. I watched a video about a guy who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge and survived, and apparently only 20 people have ever survived among the thousands who have jumped.

What is more likely to kill you - the impact or the drowning?

What's the best way to land when in free fall from a high distance?

Let's say you survived the initial impact, now you're shot 40ft - 80ft underwater, what do?

Again, I am not suicidal nor would I ever test on myself to see humans limits - I just find interesting that these people fell 25 stories in 4 seconds and lived to tell their different stories.

>captcha: select large bodies of water
lol
>>
The drowning, because the impact will debilitate you.

Feet first, legs extended together, arms against body, chin tucked. You want to slice in as cleanly as possible.

Pray that you are conscious and able to swim. Then follow bubbles if you can see them. Or die.
>>
>>16669137
The impact.

Best way to land is on your feet, if you're looking to survive.

If you're suicidal I'm guessing you do nothing.
>>
I don't know about landing or taking the impact other than legs together, but I'm a lifeguard in training and I have always been told to never panic when deep underwater. You're more likely to remain conscious if your lungs are full of air than the latter.
>>
>>16669467
Cross your legs and make sure you Asian so you can't swim also wear a hat
>>
It's probably not the quick death you may be imagining. From what I've heard many don't die right away and suffer a horrible death (ruptured organs, internal bleeding, broken bones, drowning).
>>
Wouldnt it be much safer (lol) to jump down a high buildings and land on the street with your head first?
Why is water so popular? Not wanting to make a mess?
>>
>>16669696
It's easier to jump off a bridge, especially one that has such a short railing compared to moving past security and endless stairs on a high rise.
>>
>>16669696
I think the "didn't want to make a mess" aspect is quite important.
>>
>>16669171
Wowzerino dude, so you're telling me, that if you have more air in your lungs before you go underwater, you have a better chance of not drowning rather than not having much air!!?!??!?!?!?! Now that is intresting.
>>
>>16669137
The impact. Hitting a body of liquid from a tall height is like smacking into concrete. The water wouldn't move out of the way fast enough to prevent the kinetic energy from turning the human body into jello.

I don't think there is any 'best' way to land. The jumper would be mangled.
>>
>>16669137

There are articles on this online. Basically, if you don't "penetrate" the water, the impact will kill you. You have to go in perfectly perpendicularly. If you have ever jumped off cliffs, you will know that landing incorrectly from even 15 yards will hurt BAD.

>now you're shot 40ft - 80ft underwater, what do?

Swim up. A normal person can easily hold their breath for 30-60 seconds. The problem is that you might be completely disoriented.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.