[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Money money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: it's raining.jpg (57 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
it's raining.jpg
57 KB, 620x388
Web design or 3D Design?, which of the two requires less experience to start earning money?, which has more online freelance jobs available?

I'm basically looking to learn a skill, and start working online from home, beginning with maybe $3/h, then rising to maybe $10/h as my skill increases. Help please?
>>
>>16668799
Or Graphic design.
>>
>>16668799
whichever you're more capable of.

web "design" is more about code now than it is about coming up with a cool layout in Photoshop. any 13 year old with a computer can do that.

graphic design can be fool proof but the good ones get hired in-house and work full time for certain brands.

working freelance in either case will drive you fucking nuts. freelance sucks.
both require different types of people. try both and pick what you like better, build a portfolio and try to get a job.
>>
>>16668856
I'm looking to just make like $5/h or something
>>
Had a wall of post here before but browser decided to fuck me up, so here a shorter response senpai.

It depends on how much you know you shit. If yo uwant to be competitive today you have to know several
CMS such as Wordpress, Drupal, Magento... If you want to go further: Symfony, Node.js, Angular.js..

Only stuff you need is a portfolio. Don't underestimate the knowledge that comes with that. It's not only for the customer to see beautifull pictures of your website, no, it's also for you to learn to use the technologies I mentioned above. Maybe spend a month or more on some projects. Not only will you gain more experience but it will be easier to find customers.
>>
File: WTDnnwE.gif (129 KB, 300x232) Image search: [Google]
WTDnnwE.gif
129 KB, 300x232
>>16669473
>inb4 Symfony etc. is a framework
Yes I know, just forgot to type it.
>>
Also if you want to do only the design part, maybe partner up with a developer and do for him the design (Front-End) .
>>
>>16669473
Trying to learn webdesign to freelance myself. Thank you for this.
>>
Webdesign, 3D is mostly outscourced to Asia.
>>
What about graphic design guys?
>>
>>16669473
Thanks for that post mayn

>>16668799
Not OP, but any other way I can make 5 bucks an hour too working from home?
>>
>>16669598
>>>/gd/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.