[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, what do you think if you see a otherwise normal-looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_ny1dh4A2Nb1rv71h9o1_540.jpg (71 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny1dh4A2Nb1rv71h9o1_540.jpg
71 KB, 540x540
/adv/, what do you think if you see a otherwise normal-looking girl wearing long sleeves at the gym? do you assume she has a skin condition, is a cutter, just gets cold very fast? this is probably a retarded thing to worry about but yeah, social anxiety.
>>
>>16668649
Assuming I would even notice that, I would prolly assume she's a cutter and dislike her immediately
>>
>>16668649
Ummm, I spend most of my time just staring at your tits
>>
File: 51P.jpg (628 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
51P.jpg
628 KB, 1024x683
>>16668669
Yep.
>>
I would assume she gets cold easily or is just more comfortable that way. I definitely have certain clothes I prefer to work out in.
>>
No one would think twice. Stop bein retarded and thinking "omg social anxiety amirite guys XDD"
>>
>>16668649
I would never even notice
>>
Absolutely nothing. I don't care what people wear when they work out. It's just "clothes."
>>
Wouldn't notice at all
>>
>>16668709
but it /is/ social anxiety?

anyway, thanks for the replies, i feel a bit more confident now.
>>
>>16668649
why are you wearing a long sleeve shirt at the gym?

I'd assume shes insecure about her body, but its not like i'd look down on her because of that since anyone who'd do so is a douchebag and doesnt deserve your attention?
>>
>>16668763
Every moron thinks they have social anxiety.
>>
>>16668813
right, i'm sorry, i should've started this thread with "NOTICE: I HAVE BEEN PROFESSIONALLY DIAGNOSED WITH AVPD". my bad, anon!
>>16668796
for the reason you're assuming, i'm insecure.
>>
>>16668653
Why would you dislike a girl you don't know just because she might be a cutter?
>>
>>16668649

I dont really assume anythiing based on long sleeves because the gym is a gym, not a fucking fashion show / cat walk.

Hell ive seen people wear jeans whilst on a treadmill. Honestly, nobody gives a fuck what you are wearing.
>>
>>16668935

Dislike is unfair, avoid is probably better.

That anon probably dated a cutter- because he's stupid. Dating a cutter gives a life long hatred of all cutters- because they are all the same.

But, I try not to judge, I see a cutter, I avoid them, that's that.

Anon, it's like, say 1/1000 people had horns growing out of their head. And those people have 99.9999% chance to be terrible people- soon you would have a large population of people that hate people with horns on their head, flat out
>>
>>16668813
and how the fuck do you know she doesn't?
>>
>>16668935
I dislike attention whores/drama queens and people mentally unstable, cutters fall into both categories. I never dated a cutter but I knew some special snowflakes who cut and they all were crazy and pathetic.
>>
>>16668649
nothing
>>
>>16668649
Maybe she is self concious of her arms - I don't like mine because u think they look chubby so I wear long sleeves.

Or it could just be whatever she was wearing earlier or a random shirt she brought along to work out in.

Weird thing to even notice imo.
>>
>>16668996
>only knew the obnoxious minority
>thinks they know everything

nice m8
>>
I would probably not notice. If I did I'd think she liked getting a good sweat going and the shirt helped.
>>
Probably too busy fucking WORKING OUT to notice your long sleeves.
>>
>>16668649
i'd think its weird for about 0.5 seconds because it drives me nuts to work out in anything other than shorts and a t-shirt but i'd ignore her and not think about it anymore
>>
I would not even notice.
>>
I would ask her where to get those shoes
>>
>>16669518
those are adidas tubular, never seen them in that color scheme tho, pretty neat
>>
>>16669526
>>16669518
You actually LIKE those? they look like hemorrhoid pillows in shoe form
>>
File: 1.jpg (64 KB, 970x667) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
64 KB, 970x667
>>16669537
it's something you'd get if you were into fashion. the expensive version of this would be pic related (y-3 qasa racer low). were probably the shoe I hated the most when I started browsing /fa/ and now I'd give my left testicle to have one of these (well and the clothing to go along with it since im a poorfgt)
>>
>>16669661
shop/steal from Kohl's and JC Penny. They have some good shit that can look pretty /fa/ if you know how to make outfits.
>>
>>16669661
>>16669674
Is there really something to fashion, or is it just a bunch of memes?
>>
>>16669768
What do you mean? The fact that you ask this question makes me think you're autistic. Not trying to insult you, just a dumb question to ask.

Fashion is about looking good. Some people take that as looking like whatever is trendy, some people take that to mean looking good in their own opinion.
>>
>>16668950
Of course you don't have experience with a "non attention whore" cutter, not cos they don't exist but cos they're not flaunting the fact they cut in front of you.
>>
>>16669788
But those shoes are neither trendy nor good looking...
>>
>>16668649

I genuinely wouldn't even think about it and this: >>16668669
>>
I wouldn't give two shits about the long sleeves. Your assuming that guys notice small stuff like that and make assumptions based off it. We don't.
>>
>>16669885
>i don't like the way something looks and it isn't popular therefore no one can enjoy them

yep, it's autism.
>>
>>16669788
Ok, fair enough. While I'm not exactly autistic, you can think of me as such in regards to fashion.

Now, "looking good" seems to be subjective, since like you said different people take it to mean different things and have different opinions, but at the same time seems to be objective, since there are all these rules, and people in general seem to find that certain things look good. Also, statements like >>16669661
"it's something you'd get if you were into fashion" imply that there is a right and a wrong to fashion. Also, if it were completely subjective, what would be the point of /fa/? How do you make these two ideas work together, that it's both objective and subjective?

I guess you could basically take what the majority finds to be good looking and then say that that's what looking good is, but I'm not sure if that would work for those shoes. Otherwise, I guess you would need to have some kind of authority that would say what exactly is good looking. So basically when >>16669661 implies that the shoe is objectively good looking is he basically saying that because that's the general opinion of /fa/ or because some designer made the shoe?

I've been lurking /fa/ for a few weeks and this confuses me.
>>
File: 1.jpg (94 KB, 635x635) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
94 KB, 635x635
>>16670109
sorry, I have a knack for expressing myself in the wrong way, english isn't my primary language. there are various styles and genres within fashion, this one would be...athletic avant-garde (somewhat) which may not be your cup of tea. personally I think they have an interesting and objectively distinct look, and I think they look good because of that. theyre detailed to the point to which they arent bland or boring, but not overly so to the point where they grab too much attention making it impossible to create synergy with the rest of the outfit, as an outfit should function as a whole, and not be seen as various individual pieces. that's the best way I could put it. again, it might not be your style (you could be more of a menswear guy for example, or maybe you prefer rocker chic, it's something you'll find the more you dwell into the world of fashion), so it isn't really guaranteed that you'll like those shoes, but chances are you'll understand why other ppl like them.
>>
>>16670251
> athletic avant-garde

TopKek
>>
>>16670251
So basically there are genres in fashion and what is considered good for each genre is basically the consensus of the people that adhere to that genre, or how much it matches the "philosophy" and "esthetics" of the genre I would suppose?

The thing that confuses me in fashion is that there is a question of preference, but at the same time, contrarily to something like music, where you listen to whatever you like for your own pleasure, fashion is directed towards others if understand correctly. So you basically wear stuff for yourself but for others at the same time, it seems weird.
>>
I would notice because I get warm very easy but I would just think you were trying to keep your muscles warm.
>>
I assume girls who dress in long/baggy clothes at the gym are there to get shit done, not get checked out
>>
>>16668649
Unless you were topless and had great boobies I wouldn't notice or care. Even in that situation I'd be too busy looking at the tits to notice that you're wearing long sleeves.
>>
I wouldn't assume anything and I don't think that most people would either. I'm just at the gym to get my work out in, so I don't really notice what others are doing.
>>
>>16670371
if you wear brands to show off chances are you aren't into fashion at all, or at least fashion in the sense of art. yeah clothing can be used to heighten your social status unlike music, since its something that costs money and can vary from very little to a whole fucking lot (and everything in between) and its something that you show to everyone but people who truly are into fashion will simply enjoy it for the aesthetic of garnments within themselves or the pleasure of matching colors and shapes in the form of clothing irregardless of the brand or price point. (tho that being said, more expensive clothing is usually better, of course)

also people who just use fashion for showing off usually dress like fucking shit just for the record. never buy clothing just because you think people will think more of you. buy it because you appreciate the design and because it matches other pieces on your wardrobe.
>>
>>16670545
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I don't really have a wardrobe right now and I'm not into fashion in any sense. I don't think I have the type of personality to wear brands to show off, though the idea of wearing stuff and people automatically thinking more of me does seem pleasant.

Right now I dress like a fucking slob and I want at least to learn to dress decently.
>>
What's wrong with wearing long sleeves at the gym, they make plenty of comfy, breathable long sleeve stuff these days. I'd assume it's just your preference to wear long sleeve, on the off chance that I would notice at all.. which is unlikely.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.