[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going on a date
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: derp.jpg (100 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
100 KB, 752x1063
Okay so been out of the game for a while. Asked a girl on a date this Wednesday (going to see star wars), but i'm broke as shit because i am working on getting my drivers license. I told her that and she said no big deal she would pay for it. Is it okay to let her pay for that on the first date? Or should i try really hard to pull some money out of my ass? I really like this girl and i feel like i should pay for everything.
>>
Pull cash out of your ass bro, if you really like her.
>>
WHY WOULD YOU GO TO THE MOVIES ON THE FIRST DATE? FUCK YOU!
>>
>>16667544
Yes, but if you can afford money for popcorn/drinks/whatever then definitely do that. Otherwise there's a chance she'll think you're a mooch. Offer to pay for the next date. Take turns paying.
>>
>>16667551
I was thinking dinner, because i know conversation is important to get to know each other and what not, but she really wants to see star wars. I've already seen it but i was like oh i'll just take her to it, then i became broke..
>>
>>16667558
I planned on paying for further dates, i'm far from a mooch. Just kinda got fucked in this situation. Thanks everyone for the advice.
>>
>>16667551
>>16667559
Jesus god fucking dammit

Can the mods pleide put a sticky up that says

>first date
>never cinema
>never dinner
>>
>>16667565
She doesn't have time for anything else really, what would you suggest? She works, teaches dance, and the rest of the time she's doing chores usually. We work at the same place, which is how i met her.
>>
>>16667544
It's down to opinion, but my opinion - no. You should be paying. You don't ask a bitch out and then turn around and say, "oh, by the way, I'm broke and my finger smells my asshole, wanna sniff? Can you pay for the date that I asked you out on, cunt?"

Hay Zeus.
>>
>>16667578
Made me chuckle, i get your point though. I will pull the money out of my ass. Cause i really want this to work out.
>>
>>16667573
Fair enough, if you've had conversations with her before.

You'll be spending 2 1/2 hours of your date not looking at each other, not talking. The point of a date is to build attraction, and you won't be doing that in a dark theatre. The reason dinner also is ill advice, is you'll be sitting opposite each other, with food in your mouth, when you should be sitting next to each other so that there can be physical contact between the two of you. This could obviously work in a cinema, but is less likely to happen if you haven't already been touching her and know how well she responds to it.

The money thing isn't that big of an issue in our day and age, but you should preferably pay for yourself at least. If I got no money, I won't more than 5 bucks on a date.

>Coffee and a walk on first date.
>Out drinking on the second, hopefully hooking up.
>Cooking dinner on third or forth, with possible lunch at a nice cafe before dinner.
>Netflix and chill
>>
>>16667565
Nothing wrong with having dinner as a first date.
>>
>>16667573
>She doesn't have time for anything else really
So she doesn't have time for coffee or beer?

Dinner, movies etc. is NOT first date material.
>>
>>16667632
That obviously depends on whether the already know each other. If that's the case then dinner can be fine.
>>
>>16667632
Besides my point on physical contact, that totally depends on how disgusting she thinks the way you eat is.

The only good thing about dinner at a restaurant as a first date, is the opportunity to show her that you got manners and know how to hold yourself in conversation with strangers (staff), and that you'll be having a lot of eye contact, which also is important for building attraction (but alas is stumped by the fact that you can't go from affirmative eye contact to touching of thighs etc.)
>>
>>16667658
I like taking girls to a Japanese place. Because everyone likes sushi. And I get to show off my Japanese.
>>
>>16667686
That's possibly the best way to go about having dinner.

Still...
You want to build attraction, not put on a show for her.
>>
>>16667689
The Japanese is just a side thing. But it goes along with my general narrative of being well-traveled and worldly.
>>
>>16667711
Last time I checked it's fine to impress a woman, but it's more important to make her feel like you want her sexually and that you're intrigued by her intellectually, know how to be relaxed around her and have fun with her. I don't know any better way to do that than to be sitting close to her, sharing an intimate space, rather than having a table between me and her, with people coming up to us asking whether our tastebuds are satisfied.
>>
Ok i need some quick advice anons can you help me out?

Im meeting this girl tomorrow and we get along heaps well but I've only met her twise in person and this is gonna be my third time is it too soon to ask her on a date? Also she calls me babe and hun and sends "x"s over facebook but im not sure if she likes me or thats just something girls do.
>>
>>16667725
Doesn't meeting her tomorrow count as a date? Just turn the meeting into a good time together. Do you really have to ask?
>>
>>16667734
Were just hanging out but i want to go on like an official date ya know?
>>
>>16667749
Why?
>>
>>16667753
To eventually get into a relationship?
>>
>>16667760
You don't need dates to be in a relationship. Just hang out, build attraction, escalate things. You are already dating, so instead of asking for an 'official date', just be an all-around great guy to hang out with, make her want to spend all day with you, and just naturally suggest that you go and do dating activities then and there. You don't need to label it and asking for permission. Just hang out, do something fun, go visit an art gallery or whatever, say hey do you want to grab something to eat? My treat!

There's your date. It counts, even if you didn't go durr d-do you want to go on an official first date? Where's the application form?
>>
>>16667777
Then how do i know shes on the same page as me?
>>
>>16667777
That sounds like some beta ass friendzone painting her nails bullshit
>>
>>16667785
This is what most guys don't understand.
What page she's on is down to how well you play your game. Her mind isn't some stationary, static list of things she will and will not do in life, it changes due to how people treat her. If you treat her right, she will be on the same page as you.

It's called seduction.
>>
>>16667803
If you don't build attraction, them yes, but you'll have yourself to thank.

Speaking from 2 x five year long relationships in my twenties, none of which included any 'first official dates'. With both women I just hung out with them and showed them who I was, flirted, they both kissed me, I went home with them, and after doing that several times, we were in a relationship. No actually, with the woman I met at age 26, we did call it an official date once, but all we did was rent a movie, eat candy and fuck.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.