[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legal advice bros. >fiances mom took out credit cards in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1452244977041.gif (104 KB, 300x136) Image search: [Google]
1452244977041.gif
104 KB, 300x136
Legal advice bros.

>fiances mom took out credit cards in her name
>racked up $6,000 in debt
>find out one card is frozen
>both cards are maxed out
>fiances credit that was in the 700's is now in the 400's

Guess I wanna know what our options are. She isn't going to send her mom to prison. Is there any other way to get the debt erased some or taken off altogether?
>>
I don't get it, how could she take out credit cards in her name?
>>
>>16666990
This is serious. Unless there's any lawyers or financial experts here, you should seek a local firm for a free consultation on this.

So far, the only logical answer as a non-professional is to return the things she bought to at least pay back some of debt and pay the rest out of pocket. I think the only way you can get debt cleared is if the person who used your name is obviously not related to you in any way. The creditors want their money, and they'd expect family to help pay too.
>>
>>16667002
It's her mom. She knows all the info she needs about her daughter to take them out in her name. She applied online and I assume impersonated her on the phone if it came to that
>>
>>16667020
Then she committed fraud. There's no way to fix this without the law getting involved if her mother isn't going to pay the money back.
>>
>>16667018
The bad thing is she used one almost solely to get cash advances from a cash store and was late with all little payments. Plus her house is getting forclosed on since she's terrible with money. She's constantly borrowing from people. The kicker is she is a stay at home wife. She just spends money like crazy. The father was pulling in over 100k a year before he retired. But he's a retard and ignores everything.
>>
>>16667022
Exactly. That's the problem. She doesn't want to send her mother to prison. I wish she would.
>>
>>16667023
Damn, that's a tough pickle man. You matter the most in your life. Your fiancé is likely cool as hell, but if your fiancé's family won't come clean with the debt and the fucking up of her credit score, you risk messing up your Credit score and money. Again, try to look for a free consultation to see what the professionals say.

But honestly, after being red-pilled last year, Fuck marriage. I'd go for civil unions at most
>>
>>16667025
I can understand her view. Though with all due respect, her mom is a psycho cunt. Try to let her see. By 'helping' her mom. You know it will fail, she won't. Then at least you've tried. Normally, just cut people like that the fuck out.
If it's not the girlfriends... it's their moms.
>>
>>16667025
Well her only other option is to suck it up and deal with being in debt and having shitty credit. It's really up to her what she does, but of course it'll affect you too
>>
>>16667044
We confronted her about it. Her childish response was that family's help each other out and that she was her mother so it's ok.
I always tell her she's too nice for her own good and that's why her family takes advantage of her.
As for marriage we've already been together almost 10 years. Gotta get that tax break!
>>
>>16667056
That's pretty much what we've come to realize. We have to eat the debt. All while saving up for a wedding this fall and student loans and our own bills. Should be a fun year!
>>
>>16667068
Sorry we can't help more. It might be worth seeing a lawyer about this anyway if you can afford it, otherwise see if there are free legal advice sessions where you live where you could get an expert legal opinion on the situation
>>
>>16667077
Yeah I've Googled about this and it's a pretty common thing. I get the sense it's either send her to jail or eat the debt. Thanks for the responses though. Feels good to get off my chest and into the open
>>
OP here.
Get a free credit report. That's how we discovered the cards. You never know if someone's using your identity. Even your own fucking parents.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.