[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain what this quote means? I have been praying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x456
Can someone explain what this quote means? I have been praying a long time for physical healing and I feel God is ignoring me and I saw this today and I did not know how to interpret it.
>>
File: 2971673126_c4514e6752.jpg (119 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
2971673126_c4514e6752.jpg
119 KB, 500x406
>>
sometimes god doesn't answer prayers because what you think you want is not what's actually best for you?
>>
>>16666025
That we are children. When a child begs their parents for ice cream, the parent out of love denies them.
I dont know about what physical healing you are wishing for, but just know theres hope and that god has a plan for you.
>>
One meaning: Your prayers are stupid and selfish and thoughtless, so of course I'm going to ignore them, foolish mortal.

What Garth probably intended: Hey mortal, I gave you free will, so use it. God helps those who helps themselves.

What it means for you: Sorry mortal, but your very suffering is proof either that there is no God or that God is Himself malicious. So eat shit! *hurls plague*
>>
I interpret it like that:
The thing about beeing an unanswered prayer is that therefore you´ll always try to work on yourself to get finally answered. But because these prayings will never be answered you have to work on these pleadings yourself to reach your goals. This leads to a never ending process of self-development.

Sorry for bad english no native.
>>
>>16666033
>>16666042

That is what I thought it means.
Not that I think a Garth Brooks quote should be so deep but I had a complication from surgery and there is a 50% chance it will be resolved with medication and physical therapy, but otherwise I will have to have surgery again.

I have already had a lot of bad experiences with the medical establishment and I want to be healed so badly. I don't see how that prayer being unanswered could be a blessing.

On the other hand, I once prayed and prayed a boyfriend would get back together with me. For years. And it was not answered.

7 years later and I have a family (despite some of the aformentioned bad experiences with doctors) so I guess it was a blessing that my prayer was not answered.

But in this case, I just want things to go my way.

I see what you mean though.
>>
>>16666032
lol
what a retarded, simplistic viewpoint

>>16666033
this op
>>
>>16666025
The Lord works in mystery ways. Find joy in your current situation because it's the way he intended it to be. It might not be what you wanted but if you can find happiness in your current situation that's all that matters, and that God is always listening even if your prayers don't come to fruition he's got a plan for you.

I'm not really religious but I believe everything happens for a reason.
>>
>>16666025
It's one of those open 'feel good' statements/quotes that are intended to direct thoughts of dependence towards independence. To make people think God has a bigger plan that will be better for you while attempting to prevent thoughts that maybe there is no god(s) after all.
>>
>>16666068
I know. I try too.
I am really blessed but I know I am also really selfish and not very thankful. I have had problems with doctors and my life has become focused on problem solving.
I also cut when I was a teenager and someone once told me that I did not show my body respect when I did that
And now that I am older my body is showing me some disrespect.

I have a little bit hypochondrias and anxiety and social anxiety so I often rush through medical decisions and put too much trust in the doctor or in modern medicine.

But actually like I said I still enjoy very good health and my ailments are minor in the scheme of things.

And I have a family that loves me and they are very healthy.

Sometimes I do just feel like my body is mad at me or rebelling against me or that God is mad at me.
>>
>>16666089
Your life doesn't sound bad and it sounds like you know it. Just stick along for the ride and take things one day at a time. Don't expect things to happen. They'll happen when they do. It's easier said than done but just try to realize that.

I've done lots of bad shit in my life. Stolen, vandalized, broken various laws, and done tons of drugs. That's all behind me now though and it's been behind me for a long time. I'm not that person anymore. We all make poor choices sometimes, but it's about moving past them and not repeating them. In regards to God. He's forgiving as long as your convictions are true and you sincerely are trying to be a better person.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.