[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw homeless, no job, broke as I turned 18 last Nov. Wut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1450850306008.jpg (496 KB, 1200x1794) Image search: [Google]
1450850306008.jpg
496 KB, 1200x1794
>tfw homeless, no job, broke as I turned 18 last Nov.

Wut do /b/. Currently studying welding but even if I get 6G the job market in the oilfield is piss poor.

Mom died like 2 weeks before birthday, so no more sucking on her tit, which is fine, but just closes the option.

Dequalled from military because of slight ringing in ear, so even though /fit/ and 93 ASVAB, and passing Nuke B test for navy, they don't want.

Anybody know where good jobs are? I'm ignorant on the matter. I've a little 4 cylinder s-10 so I've got that to my name at least.
>>
Woops

>/adv/
>>
Fuck man, did you tell them about the ringing?
>>
>>16665498
Stay positive

Maybe look into airline controller jobs... Apparently they're amongst the highest paid jobs that you don't need a degree for
>>
>>16665508
They just shoved me out of MEPS and my recruiter fucked right off.
>>
File: 1452090225841.jpg (64 KB, 634x415) Image search: [Google]
1452090225841.jpg
64 KB, 634x415
>>16665510
I'm positiven..sorta. Shit isn't looking good. Isn't that job highly contended for?
>>
>>16665525
>Isn't that job highly contended for?
And so what?

Someone's got to get it. Try your best to make sure it's you
>>
File: 1451327528510.jpg (259 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
1451327528510.jpg
259 KB, 1024x665
>>16665527
Mm, I'll give it some thought. Tried my best at a lot of stuff and got kicked in the teeth.
>>
>>16665525
The failure rate is really high so maybe that'll ease up the competition?
>>
File: 1451714140205.png (241 KB, 462x437) Image search: [Google]
1451714140205.png
241 KB, 462x437
>In 2014, it was reported that in the United States, the Federal Aviation Administration had stopped giving preferential treatment to air-traffic controller applicants who had passed classes from the 36 FAA-approved college aviation programs across the U.S., because too many of the people who passed these classes were white males.

Wow, maybe I do have a chance.
>>
Are you sociable? Do you know anything about cars? You sound like you do. Have you ever thought of doing a car sales job for a while? You can make big money, and you can move anywhere once you have the skills, and they are extremely easy to learn. It's a lot of hours but you can make bank very quickly, then you can take that money and use it for something. And if you have to move, so what? Everyone everywhere needs cars. You can just move, find a new job in the same industry elsewhere, and continue.

Then you can take that money and spend it towards classes/courses/tests to get other jobs. I did that for 6 months in Anchorage, AK and it payed the bills and left me with $22,000 saved up and I was studying for an insurance license at the same time. I left once I got it for property and casualty, and now I'm working at a car insurance place while studying for a real estate seller's license.

If you are destitute and a man at the end of his rope, if you've got nothing but time and know even a small amount about cars and you are sociable and not easily discouraged, car sales is gold man, its really useful to have as a skill because it's always needed and will always make you money. Around february is when it really picks up too, feb to september are the wealthy months.

If you want to win an interview, the best way to do it is to be perfectly honest, tell them you are a man at the end of his rope. Tell them you need something you can just pour time into and make good money while you plan for the future. Tell them you HAVE to make money, not that you want too.

Look them right in the eye, convince them you are dead serious, and I guarantee you will get the job. Don't treat it like other interviews where you decorate it and make things seem cheesey, that won't work. Car sales people are trained to see through bullshit.

Good luck op.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.