[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that when you confront men on just about anything,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sadfrogvector.png (333 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
sadfrogvector.png
333 KB, 2048x2048
Why is it that when you confront men on just about anything, they take it harshly and cut you off from them?

There was one guy in my pilates class like this. Very nice. But my boyfriend found him "too friendly," and kept hounding me about it. So I eventually had to talk to the guy about it, and to hopefully tone it down a bit. He sadly took offence to it, especially when he was trying to clarify that his intentions were nothing more than friends. But I had to shoot that down because my boyfriend was still having too much of a problem with it. And after that, the guy got visibly annoyed, and told me that he and I should never be on speaking terms again.

Since then, he's stopped talking to me entirely. And whenever I try to talk to him, or am around people he's talking to, he just acts like I'm not even there, and tries to get away whenever he can. Now I feel really guilty.
>>
Sounds like your boyfriend has bigger issues desu
>>
Your boyfriend is stupid and jealous, and you are stupid and desperate for this guy's attention now that it's forbidden.

The guy is annoyed with all this shit. So am I.
>>
>>16665326

he wanted to fuck you, you chose boyfriend over him, he lashed out from anger
>>
>>16665326
>He sadly took offence to it, especially when he was trying to clarify that his intentions were nothing more than friends.
Let's take your boyfriend out of the conversation. Let's say that you were the person who had a problem with this guy.

>"You're making me uncomfortable"
>"I was just being friendly! How DARE you be uncomfortable! I shouldn't have to modify my behavior!! I'm never speaking to you again."

See how this guy looks so immature?
>>
Though your intentions are pure, you still basically called him a pushy creep. Even in situations where that calls for that, it's still pretty damn offensive and horrible thing to be accused of. And signals to get the fuck away and never look back. Because it's one of those things where just being in each other's presence can make everything worse. One's going to have to leave.

I'd cut myself off too.
>>
Dunno who to root for here.

Guy's clearly stonewalling you for bringing up something that was putting a strain on your personal life.

Boyfriend's however hassling you over out of what can be easily read as jealousy on his part. And cost you what could've been a genuine friendship.

Then again, Guy's actually keeping his distance. Where most men in his position would've taken this much further and acted harsher and less forgiving. While Boyfriend's behavior probably won't end at just this one guy.

Maybe it's best just let the other one go.
>>
>>16665377
This post just oozes Reddit. By the tone and writing syntax. It's astonishing, but at the same time, I don't know what exactly tipped me off, so now I'm slightly confused.
>>
>>16665338
This
But also he probably did want toget with youand now its off the table so he couldncare less
>>
>Pepe
>people taking this thread seriously
You fuckers still haven't learned the clues yet, have you?
>>
>>16665795
>"liek omg! he's so friendly! he must want to get with you! xD"

This is why I'm not friendly with people anymore.
>>
>>16665326
Sounds like your boyfriend has reasons to worry. You're more concerned about a guy not talking to you after perceived flirting than you are about your boyfriend demanding such a thing. Maybe it's noticeable how much you liked the attention that rendered your boyfriend to say this. Has your boyfriend even witnessed you two interact much or is it more based on what you tell your boyfriend? These are key to figuring out the situation. Because if you really are more concerned about the one guy ignoring you than your boyfriend asking you to basically do the same and ignore him there is an issue you need to work out.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.