[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every couple of years I ask this Would it be possible to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 1280x960
Every couple of years I ask this

Would it be possible to get a boyfriend with a face like this? Early twenties btw
>>
Disfigured people get boyfriends. It's about more than looks.
>>
>>16664175
It's unlikely that they get boyfriends.
>>
>>16664182
Yeah they do. It's ll about the personality and settling.
>>
>>16664185
A few do, most don't.
>>
>>16664190
What a nice optimistic personality you have.
>>
>>16664171
I don't think you are ugly at all. Your lips and eyes are adorable. You have naturally rosy cheeks.

I do think you need to take care of your hair. Settle the frizz. No more ponytail.

Also, your eyebrows are a little full and they take away from your eyes. Clean them up with threading or waxing. I prefer threading. Only costs like 6 bucks to do every few weeks.

If you want to learn to do make up, it's not like you have to wear a full cake face. I still only wear eye make up and blush and this is enough for me. Foundation makes me break out and I feel too unnatural.

But I mean, your looks are just to get the slight attention of a male. Your personality is what makes men stay. You could totally get a boyfriend. Just polish up.
>>
>>16664171
Do your damn hair and stop wearing turtle necks and yes.
>>
>>16664202
Most of the time I have my hair down and the frizz taken care of, and I know how to use makeup although I don't wear it most of the time

My eyebrows grow back in just a few days so going every week to get them threaded is too expensive, I just pluck them until they're not ridiculously thick
>>
>>16664210
Do you have a picture of yourself done up?

Other than that, all I can say is put yourself out there.
>>
>>16664171
this would help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUiSOAlHYM
>>
>>16664218
No I'm afraid not

I'm in my early twenties now and I've never had a boyfriend, so putting myself out there isn't working

I think I'm just not good enough.
>>
>>16664171
You're plain put completely passable. Your lack of success is probably because of your personality or confidence. Stop being too self conscious or at least don't let it show or act like it. Guys give less of a shit than you think, my guess is you're either too shy or you aren't letting them talk to you.
>>
>>16664202
Basically this. Your appearance is OK (some people here will say otherwise, but this board tends to tell perfectly average people they're hideous, please don't take it personally.) It's your hair and fashion choices and general manner that's making you look unattractive.

Straighten your hair or at least get a flattering haircut and wear it down. Tied up like that is not a good look for you.

Do something about those eyebrows.

That sweater isn't terribly flattering either. Get new clothes.

Smile (at least when taking a picture) and open your eyes wider, you look sleepy/bored/sad.

Do all that shit and you'll look completely fine, not model-hot maybe but cute enough to make the question "can I get a BF" seem utterly laughable. Right now you're like a real-person version of when Hollywood casts a gorgeous actress as an ugly person or a "nerd," ie uglifying them with a terrible haircut or whatever, right up til they get advice from the popular girl and undergo their "transformation." You know, that stupid scene in every high school movie.
>>
>>16664227
I have a social life and male friends if that's what you mean by letting them talk to me.
>>
>>16664234
I don't know about this, I've had my hair down and defrizzed and my eyebrows threaded into a thinner shape

But I still didn't get a boyfriend
>>
>>16664240
Your appearance is only 30% of the battle to get a boyfriend, but crucial.
>>
>>16664247
What's the other 70%
>>
>>16664251
Personality, confidence, the ability to identify your social class (realistic expectations of what kind of person to pursue based on your looks and personality), timing, place, chemistry, ability to keep up a relationship.
>>
>>16664257
My personality isn't deeply flawed, and there's not much you can do about timing, place or chemistry is there?

I guess I'm fucked.
>>
>>16664171
You're cute.

The picture looks a tad boring, but that's probably because you're wearing plain clothes, and not really trying to look attractive. If you want to get noticed for looking pretty, you might need to consider a slight change in style.
Notice the "if" at the start of that last sentence. Looks aren't everything, and you definitely don't want to waste too much effort on it, unless you would be happy with a boyfriend who mainly cares about you for your looks (which will largely wither away over the next few decades, and if that's all you have between you...)

Are you hitting on guys, or waiting for them to hit on you? Keep in mind that we're in the 21st century now, and it's perfectly OK for a girl to make the first move.
Your dream man might feel just as shy and insecure as you...

Have you had any relationships in the past? Had initial contact with guys that didn't work out?
>>
>>16664261
No those things are out of your control, but that isn't a reason to quit. Those things are even out of control to people who are pretty, rich, successful, etc.
>>
>>16664240
Welcome to the life of an appreciable percentage of early-twenties dudes. Look, you're not alone, this isn't that uncommon -- I've met several girls in the same boat too, all of whom I thought "hell, I'd have dated her" about. I'd never had a girlfriend when I was in my early 20s either. I wasn't light-speed awkward and I flatter myself by thinking I'm fairly attractive. It just hadn't happened yet.

You're either doing something wrong (your standards are unrealistic, or you're acting way too shy) or you've just been unlucky and it's due to happen soon. It's not that you're "just not good enough", actually obese women can get boyfriends, and apart from the things people have mentioned (fixable) you look basically normal.

A boyfriend isn't a fucking commodity that you get after you meet a minimum level of hotness, there's another person involved and sometimes it's a while before you meet the right one.
>>
>>16664261
Why are you such a fucking attention whore? Go out there and try instead of whining here.
>>
>>16664262
I've never had a relationship even though I wanted one. I'm nearly 23.

I hit on guys sometimes, especially if I'm drunk.
>>
>>16664266
I only ask every couple of years, inbetween posting I go out there and try.
>>
>>16664267
Hitting on guys when you're drunk might get you laid, but it might not the best way to start a relationship :) Do you have some sexual experience btw?
>>
>>16664235
I'm not talking about platonic male friends, I'm talking bout dudes you're into. Introduce yourself and let them flirt or talk or whatever. It's all about availability and body language. If you aren't already super hot guys won't bother if you aren't approachable in the way someone who's available is.
>>
>>16664272
Yes, I hit on guys when I'm not drunk too, that fails as well

Occasionally I hookup with guys from a night out but I never enjoyed it.
>>
>>16664276
The guys I'm into start out as friends or people in my social circle. I have no problem talking to guys either way
>>
>>16664261
Look, my sister is in the same boat. She's 25 and finally found her first boyfriend. She isn't "conventionally" attractive. She's average looking and is obese. She has a mess of frizzy hair on top of her head. She has a cool personality, but is pretty introverted. Recently, she started really taking care of herself. She's always been big, but she started trying to lose weight, she found fashionable clothing in her size, she goes out with her friends and has fun, talks to people. And she finally met someone. For years she thought she'd be alone and didn't even try. She was bullied since elementary. She asked guys out in high school and they made fun of her. she likes anime and vidya. She just didn't have the "it" interests that most people do, but she still found someone who thinks she is cool and beautiful.

So really, don't give up.
>>
>>16664171
If you managed your hair and made a prettier face, or actually smiled, you would look a lot better. You're actually really pretty and have a full face and it works for you. Just manage it a little better
>>
>>16664287
See thats a problem because they're you're friends. Guys fucking hate that shit. I'm currently dealing with 2 chicks like that and it's driving me up a wall because they're just friends and thats it. The fact I find them attractive and the fact they're good friends is unrelated. Unless they're already into you, your attempts won't work.
>>
>>16664287
How do you let them know that you're into them?
>>
>>16664337
Flirt like crazy. Talk about sex with them a lot in a suggestive way. Smile at them in a flirty way. Hug them a lot more.

Or if I have a crush on them become a complete nervous wreck around them to the point where they realise I like them.
>>
>>16664202
This basically if that girl got a better hair doo and minus the turtle neck probably wouldnt have that big of trouble finding someone
>>
File: whatswrongwithyourface.png (275 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
whatswrongwithyourface.png
275 KB, 600x325
There is one pic of me with my hair down and my brows shaped, if it helps at all. I do have a weird/scared expression though lol
>>
>>16664353
You look a lot better here. i think eye make up would do you good too. Also smile.

You unfortunately have resting bitch face. I do too.
>>
Go on /soc/ is you want to do this.
>>
I'd take you on a date.
I think you look quite pretty.
>>
>>16664347
>Flirt like crazy. Talk about sex with them a lot in a suggestive way. Smile at them in a flirty way. Hug them a lot more.
You're like literally sexually harassing them dude.
>>
You're an ugly bitch but I'd throatfuck you.
>>
yeah
>>
Honestly, I think all you need is a smile and you would be gorgeous.
>>
These threads are hilarious. When an average to unattractive woman posts this shit it's full of support and "Oh you're not bad. Guys don't care lol you're actually cute" but when the level of guy posts this shit he gets torn to shreds, called a faggot, told to lift/get a haircut/he'll die a virgin/etc.

Fuck this board.
>>
>>16664467
Someone sounds bitter.
>>
Are you a virgin and if not how many guys have you been with?
>>
>>16664467
Men are held to higher standards. Blame the patriarchy my friend.
>>
>>16664467
Haha get out then loser, there is plenty of room for you in /r9k/
>>
>>16664518
No, they're held to different standards. Men are physically superior and capable of selfless logical thinking. Women are physically attractive and capable or emotional and introspective thinking.

The problem is guys these days don't take advantage of their advantages. They don't train their bodies, they don't get a summer job in highschool, they follow the paved road of going to college on their parents dollar, and then complain that women have it easier. Its like a racecar driver failing a driving test because he didn't bother learn how to drive on the road because he was pretty damn sure he should be able to drive a Honda. Having a dick doesn't make you man.
>>
>>16664467
You're new here, aren't you? This board is probably the most gender-equitable on 4chan. I've seen several threads like this posted by men and the response is generally quite supportive.
>>
I think you're beautiful. I'd totally be interested if I knew you in person.
>>
File: spaghett.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
spaghett.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>16664206
For real, anon would like fine otherwise, but dressed like that OP looks like Spaghett from Tim and Eric.
>>
>>16664171
Of couse there is a chance.
First: Not all people are brainless retarded that only see the appearence in others.
Second: You are not ugly imo.
>>
fix the hair.
thin the eyebrows down alot.
lookup makeup tuts on youtube.
start dressing like you're in your 20s and appreciate your body more.
start loving yourself and it'll start flowing together.
you have a decent foundation don't be so insecure.
>>
>>16664171
With that face, sure.
With that hair and sweater? Girl, I don't want to lie to you, do something about those RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>16664171
>>16664353

1. You are average looking.
2. In fact your features might be conducive to more, if you groomed well.
3. Stop opening your mouth like a retard.
>>
>>16664650
>>16664654

These are both correct. You are getting a lot of decent feedback OP, which is rare around here.
>>
>>16664490
>>16664526
Thanks for proving my point :^)

>>16664567
Not new here at all, friend. It's you who's probably new if you haven't noticed this throughout the years. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>16664171

You could convert to Islam and wear a Burka. You would be attractive by their standards anyway, and the res of us wouldn't have to look at you.
>>
>>16664171
If you are cool op

Are you cool?
>>
>>16664637
I died irl holy shit
>>
>>16664171
Depends, are you over weight ?
Based on face, you look average
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.