[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walmart employee here. How do I report another employee for unethical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1450389826122.jpg (192 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1450389826122.jpg
192 KB, 1280x800
Walmart employee here. How do I report another employee for unethical behavior? I mean, my store uses phrases like "zero tolerance policy" and "open doors" but can I really trust them? In retail, no one gives a shit about you. I more or less expect the same treatment from the higherups.

Basically last night, a customer pulled me aside and told a long-winded story. I know all too well the desire for someone to just fucking listen to what I have to say, so, I stopped to listen. Only I was still on the clock and I needed to go clock out for the day. 10 minutes later one of the CSMs makes me ring her up. That didn't seem right. But she, in the past, has been one of those people to keep asking me to work on my time off. Or, asking when I start. Or, asking when I'm in next. But I rung her up quickly because she was my fucking manager, not just anyone else.

Those I could handle, but, then I had another employee (a fellow cashier) come up to my lane. My light was off. She was forcing me to ring her up as well.
>"But [my name] I work here!"
>"It's my lunch break!"
>"[my name]!!!"
>"Please"

She wasn't being nice about it either. I told her that I was closed and my light was off. I would've helped her if she wasn't having such mean and forceful tones. But it was already the end of a bad day. Just one unfortunate event after another and I was very worn down and pissed off. I should've walked away but I didn't. Grabbed the frozen meal out of her hands, adamantly said $2.50, yanked the money away from her and put it in the till. She fucking forced me but I shouldn't have done it.

Ethical/unethical? What should my course of action be?
>>
Imo, it's neither ethical or unethical... Just rude. In that situation I would have probably just told her in a firm but fair way that "I'm not on shift anymore" if she persisted i would simply say "no" and shut down my register ignoring her until she went away.

Maybe saying no is hard for you, you should try standing by it. Without integrity in this, you will be a walkover
>>
>>16663380
If you've punched out, don't work.
If you're punched in, work, take the half hour, then go back to work.

It's not legal to make you work off the clock and walmart has a long and detailed history of making people do it.
>>
>>16663396
I can say no but it's hard for me to stand with that decision when people are being mean to me. You can't exactly cuss out or snap at others in retail. If I could speak my mind, I would've.

I have all I need to "gain integrity". So how do I start? How do I be firm like you said? It's something I've always had trouble learning how to do
>>
>>16663398
In this situation I was still punched in. That's why I rung up my manager
>>
File: 18q.jpg (58 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
18q.jpg
58 KB, 500x337
Ethical breaches are generally much more serious than what you are describing. As in, things that could get somebody sued if it came out publicly.
>>
>>16663470
Alright
>>
>>16663380
That's not really an ethical violation, it's just a CSM being a cunt, which is the basic nature of anyone with a title like CSM or Support Manager.

Just say "look, I'm in a rush, I can't afford to be out of here any later than I already have to be", close up and clock.
>>
Op as someone who has worked retail you sound like one of the faggots the harder workers hate
>stands around for 10 minutes talking because muh longing to be hears
>flips shit on a coworker

Im willing to bet 10 dollars if the roles were reversed you would still be here bitching "the other cashier told me no and made me go wait in line..they were right there though! Can i report them?"
>>
>>16663651
>implying I'm not one of the harder workers

I didn't flip my shit. I was in a calm manner. If the roles were reverse is see that the light was off and simply go to a different register line
>>
>>16663665
Maybe not verbally but youre upset enough to try and report them.
>>
>>16663380
Call the ethics hotline. it's anonymous.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.