[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck does one get a credit card? Google has left me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1451781666145.jpg (706 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451781666145.jpg
706 KB, 1440x1080
How the fuck does one get a credit card?

Google has left me in a labyrinth of misinformation and advice.
>>
>>16661811
Get a job.
>>
if you can't figure it out then you probably shouldn't have one.
>>
>>16661811
You post your details on /b/ and moot is required to give you one by law. You get discounts on Bad Dragon and Onahole purchases, and the bill is sent to you in shekels each month.

Go to, senpai!
>>
>>16661811
Credit cards should only be used to build credit or an emergency. It's easy to loose digital money when you don't actually see it.

If you have savings account at a bank you can get one there.
>>
File: 1451471507574.jpg (55 KB, 589x545) Image search: [Google]
1451471507574.jpg
55 KB, 589x545
>>16661815
I have a job, I want to build up credit so I have more flexibility when trying to rent an apartment.

>>16661828
I have a debit card and I only want a credit card to build credit.

Hold on, maybe I should ask this first. I want to be able to rent an apartment. I was able to get into the one I am in now because of my roommates credit, but once I'm out of here I dont know how it works.

What exactly do I need for credit when applying for an apartment? Does that even matter?
>>
>>16661849
Well then go to your bank (where you have your debit card) and say you want a credit card.

You will probably then talk to a person who specializes in opening those kinds of accounts and they will have more information for you than 4chan or Google.
>>
File: 1449130632740.png (258 KB, 912x720) Image search: [Google]
1449130632740.png
258 KB, 912x720
>>16661859
Right but my bank is at a distance so Id rather just make one trip, bring the documents there that I need.
>>
>>16661849

i imagine its different depending on the country...

amerifag?
>>
Make your way down to your bank branch and ask if you could sign up for a credit card. It doesn't take long.
>>
>>16661811
Go to a bank (with id) and ask for one.

My parents had set up an eftpos account in my name when I was born. When I turned 16 the account became mine. And ever since they've been trying to convince me to use a credit card. They even pull bullshit like mailing them to me. You literally have to go out of your way to destroy the bloody thing because it's already in your name.
>>
File: 1447795363324.jpg (66 KB, 453x679) Image search: [Google]
1447795363324.jpg
66 KB, 453x679
>>16661873
>Right but my bank is at a distance

Define distance.

A good example is 50 miles is quite the distance. Depending on bank it would have multiple branches that cover that distance on smaller circles of influence within that 50 mile radius. Any bank with good coverage would not leave you to go more than 10 miles round trip.
Every one of them you can walk in with an appointment for a new card the same way as a deposit/withdraw/transfer.

>I was able to get into the one I am in now because of my roommates credit, but once I'm out of here I don't know how it works.

First off find a better rentor. If they have to rely on credit history for you to qualify it just means it makes their job easier to weed out the slackers, with next they nail with a housing agreement of stricter standards.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.