[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become a guy like Donald Trump? I'm just using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
How do I become a guy like Donald Trump? I'm just using him as an example because he's popular right now. basically, how do I "worship" myself? I don't necessarily want to do that, but I feel like with my personality now, mixed with a little of that, I'll find a happy medium where I have healthy confidence and self esteem.
>>
Im in a similar boat as you. I want to live for myself and not think about anyone else. I want to be at the extreme, because those are the people who seems to most happy. I want to impose myself on others and force them to listen to me. I'm done admitting I'm wrong all the time and letting other people mentally rape me.
>>
>>16660482
>done admitting I'm wrong all the time and letting other people mentally rape me.

Op here
This the most.
>>
>>16660464
What you're asking for is how to be narcissistic. Narcissism is a negative personality trait that is more of a natural thing. I don't think you can just make yourself narcissistic.
>>
>>16660482
>letting other people mentally rape me.
Explain?
>>
Start off by acquiring a small loan of a million dollars
>>
>>16660464

1) Spend some time alone.
2) Figure out what you value. This will become your perspective.
3) Always be aware of your perspective. When talking to people, apply this perspective and hold to it. The objective is not to give into anyone else's argument, but to apply your perspective to theirs.
4) Never, ever apologize for your perspective. It is yours, and no one can take it away.
5) Never fear that people can destroy your perspective. They can't. They can only get loud or angry, but never effective.

Once you do these things, you will have a "fortified" personality. People will mistake this for arrogance. It's not. It's called not bending to the will of others, deliberately picking your own side and sticking to it.

It might be a lonely life, but a powerful one.
>>
>>16660553
By time alone, do you mean just not hanging out with people, single?
>>
>>16660501
Letting other people tell you what's right or wrong, why their perspective is the true one, and how you're okay, but you'll never be on their level.
>>
>>16660566

Time alone, solitary. Spend a lot of time observing your own thought process, likes and dislikes. After enough of that, set 'you' aside and consciously observe people. Just watch them do what they do, and see where their similarities overlap with yours. See what you agree with and greatly disagree with

Whatever conclusions you draw will be the logic that guides your actions.
>>
I don't know about the whole 'being Donald Trump' part, but for me the key to being the version of myself which I prefer as opposed to one which I am basically ashamed of requires striving towards living an authentic existence.

For me this means understanding and taking actions born of positive true self image. It is hard to dip into this and try and give a simplistic breakdown, but basically you've got to understand firstly that you direct your choices and decide what you want to do and then you take pleasure in succeeding in this.

It also requires compromise and a healthy balance between fantasy and reality, but basically philosophical stoicism combined with some more moderate existentialism. Don't allow the self image of others to overrule your choices and actions. Coming to terms with your failures and attempts to reach your goals is much easier when you are able to psychologically own them.

>I want to do this thing.
>I failed.
>Shit. I'm actually happy because I tried, I failed, yet I learnt something and I can honestly say I tried without any self sabotage or delusion.
>>
>>16660658
Also don't try to 'game' life too much, but equally don't be ignorant to the excuses you offer up as to why you aren't meeting your goals because of smug self satisfied altruism or similar. It doesn't exist, you just preferred to take the brownie points instead of what you claim to actually want to achieve. Yeah things can be unfair and less than perfect, yet within flawed systems exist the chance to lead situations to the most favourable outcome, you might just prefer the easier path, but don't sit on moral high ground while still complaining because you are simply stating what is obvious.

You've got to be super analytical and ruthless with yourself and your own self improvement instead of pretending your life is basically a situational accident of which you are a constant victim.

Language and attitude is very important and simply being prepared to apply continual self assessment and improvement to this where necessary will help. Conviction within this at first feels fake, but eventually becomes powerful in itself.

That said, I occasionally feel like I'm have an episode of depersonalisation or something during certain encounters. I also cannot overlook that confidence tends to come from the assumption that you will be successful which tends to come from direct experience of having been previously successful.

It is easy when things are not going well to assume that the next action will also not go well, but this is why you focus on self improvement and the fact you are perversely giving yourself what you claim to want.

Feel free to ignore me though because despite a decade of philosophy and study the vast majority of my breakthroughs came at the height of psychedelic drug induced terror.
>>
The basic idea is simple. You only need to keep one phrase in mind: "it's all about me".

The trick is keeping it in mind even when things turn sour. The bad things, as well as the good ones, are still all about you. This is how Trump does it. It is what you need to do too, if you want to be like him.
>>
I went through this process a few years back, but I've taken a few steps back lately so I'm going to try it again.

Anyway, I had severe social anxiety and was a NEET who basically stayed inside all day. I really hated who I was and like you I wanted to do whatever the fuck I wanted and just not give a fuck. Instead of using Trump as an example, I remember using Kanye West. Regardless of what you think of his music or his personality, I admired his ability to view himself as God's gift to humanity, and say ridiculous shit while just not giving a fuck that millions of people hate him and would be happy if he died.

So I basically brainwashed myself with positive affirmations constantly and forced myself into more and more uncomfortable situations. I became a "Yes man" who accepted every social invite and took on as many challenges as I could. For 6 months I forced myself to not think anything negative about myself, not worry what people think about me, and tell myself over and over that I was fucking awesome. I faked it until I made it basically.

After doing this for 6 months I went from a forever alone shut in to having a job I loved that made decent money and a good circle of cool friends. I kind of stopped there and have been sitting in this same place for a while, but it would be a good idea to start doing this again. Confidence is everything and what other people think really doesn't fucking matter at all.
>>
>>16660501
Whaaaaa
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x427
>>16660690
This post is poetry dude.
>>
First be born into a wealthy family and educated privately, second, get given a million dollars as a "small" gift from dear old dad, third, hire professionals to run your business for you whilst reaping the benefits and maintaining mascot status by making high profile superficial decisions, four, bask in your own unwarranted sense of self-importance.
>>
Having something to brag about makes it easy to believe you're better than others. But why would you want to be like Donald Trump anyways?
>>
>>16660575
So listening to other people's point of view is being mentally raped?

Why do other people's opinions affect you so deeply?
>>
>>16660464
1. Get a SMALL loan of 1million dollars
2. Say racist things
3. Say incesty things
4. Ask isis to Appear in their videos
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.