[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to pick up women on the street? All input welcomed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2
File: 1448078566357.jpg (132 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448078566357.jpg
132 KB, 640x640
How to pick up women on the street?

All input welcomed.
>>
You don't. That shit is annoying as hell. Don't inconvenience complete strangers in an attempt to get your dick wet.
>>
Depends on how much they weigh and how far you need to carry them.
>>
>>16659874
This. Even if you're very attractive it seems desperate is is annoying.
>>
>>16659877
>>16659874
OK - What if you see this person occasionally walking past, then it wouldn't be so awkward?
>>
>>16659879
Walking past what?
>>
>>16659870

I'm good at this, especially during the daytime. Here's what I do:

1) look great, but not too stylized. You want to appear attractive in an easy-going way.

2) commit to a mood- happy or serious. Everything you say should stay in a consistent tone, so that women will believe that you are sincere.

3) approach MANY women. Even fat and ugly ones. ANY positive interaction will give you a major confidence boost, and women love confidence.

4) once confident, be upfront. "Hey what's your name? Alyssa, I'm Chuck. I was going to emotionally beat myself up for the next week if I didn't introduce myself to you. Let's chat for a bit."

5) be ready to exchange info at a rapid rate, with many people. For every 10 phone numbers you get, 1 will bite. It's a numbers game once your technique is down.
>>
>>16659874

Not every girl is like you. I've many girls that like to be hit on.
>>
>>16659892
Why are men so simple? Just anyone is okay. I wish I could be like that.
>>
>>16659892
Nice, thanks.

Then where do you go from there? Phone call the next day?

I tried something like that on the bus with a girl I sat next to and invited her out for coffee.
My friends thought it was too pushy?
>>
>>16659879
Most women do not respond well to this. It comes off as desperate, and sometimes creepy.

>>16659879
I think only under very rare circumstances would this work...like if there are obvious signs of mutual attraction (her smiling at you) and if you've previously acknowledged each other. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>16659892
One last thing-

Act like you have somewhere to go. Act like they stepped into YOUR life, not the other way around. That way you don't come across as a stalker.
>>
>>16659901
Maybe you're just too picky.

Plus this is only 1 anon, not the entire male species.
>>
>>16659899
The vast majority don't. You're inconveniencing a huge group in the process.
>>
>>16659912
Inconveniencing because she had to stop for a few seconds to be called attractive? lol fuck off please landwhale
>>
>>16659870
Wait for her to stop and the approach her.
Now if you want to do it like me, what I did was work on my smile. So when I see a girl I like, I cheese and her and she smiles back and I take that as an initiative to talk to her. That being said you have to look pleasing to the eye in order for it to work and if shes actually trying to get somewhere without detours youre going to be bothersome. So you gotta look for the signs. How is she walking. If shes walking fast, leaning forwards, let it go. Shes on a mission. If shes casually strolling along a street window shopping then thats ideal.
Dialogue that I use is normally along the lines of
>hey enjoying the [park/scenery/weather]
>do you come here often
>[vague hint at an inquiry about whats shes doing there]
>give my name then ask for hers
>depending on whats shes doing ask if I can accompany her or if shes willing to accompany me somewhere extremely close by so that I can talk to her a bit more
Then at some point you ask to exchange information. If you do the vague inquiry thing wrong though youll come off as a stalker. You gotta let her think that shes the one choosing to tell you and that shes free to tell as much or as little as she wants. Its also a good way to gauge her interest since you can tell how much shes willing to give you a chance by how much she says.
>>
>>16659902

TEXT the next day if it was an OK interaction. TEXT in an hour if it was a GREAT interaction.

Always text. Women these days don't do vocal communication with strangers. Keep the texts up for days on end, call after a week of texting.
>>
>>16659908
I don't think I'm that picky. I just feel like men are okay with anything while women seek for a connection. Maybe it's just a defense mechanism.
>>
>>16659892
>asking for name before giving yours
Please disregard this
>>16659915
You have to remember, only attractive girls have the confidence to appreciate being called attractive. Most girls arent attractive so shes right about it being inconvenient to the majority there.
>>
>>16659917
Sounds like you read this from a book and reciting.
Very clinical.
>>
>>16659915
Not her but it's pretty awkward to tell a person you're not interested and have to go when it could be avoided.
>>
>>16659926
Does lust classify as a connection?
>>
just be yourself:
The most important part is to know if I woman is receptive, or not and how to screen unreceptive women from that bunch.
The more work demanding thing is to know which of these women who are unreceptive are actually just neutral.
You got to confront them by being yourself, get them out of their shell.

The most important thing about this is being totally self-aware of what you want.

Sorry, I have no real experience.
>>
>>16659926
No its because of how courting has developed throughout the ages. Its a mans job to approach women and try and gain their favor while its a womans just to select amongst multiple suitors. Its how courting has and is done in pretty much every society. Women have a clear advantage in courting because they pick between multiple suitors and are pretty much guaranteed a partner of their choice. Men try to court multiple women because they are going to get rejected a lot. Women dont know how much rejection a guy has to go through.
>>
>>16659912

The vast majority DO, they just want a guy with looks and charm to do it.

Most guys do it out of desperation. I do it for fun.

Women like to feel attractive and special. If I most guys made you feel that way, in the right way, you would sing a different tune.
>>
>>16659922
Feel as though calling gives a stronger connection but higher risk of failure
>>
File: 1425490767393.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1425490767393.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>tfw I never had a problem with cold pick ups
>tfw I just tell them how I honestly feel and ask for the number
>tfw I'm just confident and genuine
>>
>>16659936
The game, literally
>>
>>16659928
I abstracted from my own experiences. I take that you think its recited from a book as a good thing. One of the things Im good at is isolating variables so my way of explaining hopefully conveys that.
>>
>>16659927

>asking name before giving mine

Dude, i do this all the time and it works. So what if you think it's incorrect? I want to know her name and address her as a person, not just start throwing my shit all over her.

I'm so good at this already, i can just call her by a made-up name to initiate the conversation.
>>
>>16659940

Das right, homie.
>>
>>16659915
Because anyone who's not desperate for creepy guys' compliments is a landwhale? I'm 5'5" and 115 lbs. Get over yourself. Not everyone is as desperate for meaningless attention from desperate horny guys.
>>
>>16659901because our balls swell up and we need someone to dump our obscenely large loads into, it's tough enough finding a girl who's a candidate, you also have to court her, convince her you're good enough, and make all the first moves. So whenever we score, it's a win.
>>
>>16659927
>Acting like attractive girls appreciate the efforts of desperate horny guys (who have to resort to PUA methods) trying to get in their pants
>>
>>16659986
Girls like to be praised. Attractive girls for the most part expect it and appreciate it. Only someone of little self confidence wouldnt appreciate a compliment.
>>
>>16659999
Tell me how you'd feel if you had unattractive Tumblr feminazis putting on an act to try to get in your pants every time you went out. It's transparent and fucking annoying. If it were about simply complimenting people, you'd be doing it to men as well.
>>
>>16659870
why do you want to pick up some women ?
>>
>>16659874
Did your female BFF tell you that before you dropped her off at her boyfriend's house?
>>
>>16660021
>your handsome
>thanks
>walk away
It actually happens a lot. I take it as a good thing that girls find me attractive. I use to handle it poorly like you when I didnt find myself attractive questioning why this person is bothering me. But Ive long grown out of that. I like to think that confidence boost is why women approach me.
>If it were about simply complimenting people, you'd be doing it to men as well.
No. Guys dont notice other guys. I cant compliment something I never look at. Women are aesthetically pleasing to men, whereas other men are pretty much invisible to other men. Its very straightforward.
>>
>>16659901
Smart men are much pickier when it comes to actually dating someone or having kids. Maybe pickier than women, who in my experience start looking for anybody with a real career after about age 27
>>
>>16659912
What you don't understand is that we don't give a fuck about inconveniencing the 80% who will give a fake number or act all assmad. We give a fuck about the 20% who are flattered and want to get pumped full of our semen.

We're not "hollering" and catcalling from the streetcorners, so get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>16660035

I'm a straight guy and have had straight guys compliment me before. It feels great.

Example: "hey, don't take the wrong way, but are you a model or something?" Or "damn that's a great haircut man, where did you go?" Or lastly, "you're a handsome dude, I bet you get a lot of chicks."

It happens.
>>
>>16659928
Dating and connecting with women isn't some mystical magical process. Women like the idea that it is, because it doesn't flatter their ego to believe that their most of their desires for a mate are simple enough to be broken down into a trifold pamphlet.
>>
>>16660052
Yeah your half-assed compliments make girl want to get pumped full of semen lel.
>>
>>16660021
>men are either 10/10 gorgeous studs or ugly basement creeps
>implying neckbeards aren't the most timid, retiring species
>implying my women friends aren't more creeped out by someone who just watches them and is too timid to approach

And actually I DO talk to men on the street if they do something worth noticing--not to try to fuck them, but to create a little joviality and camaraderie in my neighborhood.
>>
>>16660052
That's why you're an ass, you're inconveniencing a ton of people to get your dick wet.
>>
>>16660035
Women are aesthetically pleasing to men

>"hurr durr u make my penis twitch"
>why don't they understand it's a compliment!!!!!!
>girls love it
>>
>>16660058
I have as well and I compliment guys when I see fit. But in general men are invisible to other men appearance wise.
>you're a handsome dude
Potentially very gay. Being handsome is not an objective thing. You can assess a guys model worthiness based on symmetry and fitness level but you actually say hes handsome is to say that you find him attractive. Why are you attracted to other men.
That being said you could you handsome in a very platonic way with fairly loose rules such as the same as that for a model. Depends on how it comes across and how you say it I guess.
>>
>>16660033
I'm a girl, retard.
>>
>>16660092
Hate to break it to you but men think women are aesthetically pleasing more than just with their penis. If you werent so insecure youd understand that.
Hell honestly if it were just based on penis guys would only chase after girls with giant breast and hips.
>>
>>16659901
They can't afford to be as picky, generally
>>
>>16660081
Personally I don't use compliments. Just an ice breaker.
"nice day, huh?"
"I like your scarf"

Obviously "do you have the time" is a little obsolete.

I learned this from a guy in his fifties who regularly draws in women in the middle of their jog or morning errands just to stop and chat with him. The results speak for themselves.

>>16660088
I dunno what to tell you man. Politely approaching someone who doesn't appear to be in a rush anywhere has been part of dating for as long as we've had cities big enough to have "strangers". I'm pretty conservative in my approach, and wait for the right glance or smile to walk up to her.

And compared to holla back culture, or guys waggling their tongues between their fingers from the seat of a backhoe, I'd say it's about as old fashioned and sweet as dating can get. I'm sorry if you get hit on by guys who can't take a hint. I had a girlfriend who had to put up with "urban youth" trying to holler at her all the time.
>>
It's annoying to be approached when I have shit to do. If I'm walking or working, the irritation of being disrupted is going to a lot stronger than the pleasure of being complimented. Compliments are a penny a dozen, they stopped being special when my tits came in.

In my opinion, your best bet is to talk to girls who are hanging around one spot, or who seem bored.
>>
>>16660092
>women don't like attention
>women don't like sex with men they're attracted to
>women don't admire boldness and confidence
>women are perfect little flowers who only date and fuck after a lengthy courtship by a sweet, quiet gentleman who has been vetted by her father, grandfather, and the village elders

I didn't know 4chan tunneled into the bizarro dimension.
>>
My daygame is much better than my nightgame. Thing is, it heavily depends on where you are that makes things a lot different.
In the Netherlands approaching women on the street would be weird to say the least. It's just a cultural thing, since every time I'm in the US it's perfectly fine to do so. Read what >16659892 says, except for the mood part. Just be yourself. What I'd add to that is to make up some scenarios beforehand. For example, when I'm in the supermarket there are often people looking at the different foods available waiting to pick something. If there aren't too many people around I like to pick something out of the shelf, hand it to her and say 'This is what we're eating tonight'. Out of this you will *always* get a reaction. For me this is something that always works as I feel comfortable talking in that situation.
Another tip is to let the woman do some of the work. This is absolutely necessary! Many women are used to having men talk to them and take charge. Tell your part, and wait for an awkward silence to fall. Make sure you make good eye contact throughout, she'll now feel compelled to talk. If she doesn't I tend to give her a look that says 'are you too awkward to have a conversation with someone?'.
>>
>>16659870
>How to pick up women on the street?

It depends if they're drunk or not, but usually from behind, arms under theirs, I like to support their head and gently lift from the legs. Never strain your back, use your legs.
>>
>>16660133
>women don't like being bothered by men on the street they have no connection to
>women can get attention and sex from guys they know through friends, family or from work
>your options are either to bother random women on the street for the chance to wet your dick or 1800s courtship
>autism.jpg
>>
>>16660130
100%

What some people don't understand is that regular rules of politeness still apply. If someone is hustling to catch a bus, carrying a bunch of groceries, or otherwise involved in what they're doing, you don't bother them.

Compliments are pretty shit anyways--a more neutral icebreaker is less embarrassing for both parties if she's not interested.
>>
>>16660157
>What some people don't understand is that regular rules of politeness still apply.
Its never rude to praise someone.
>>
>>16660199
Why is it so hard to understand they they aren't looking for your praise.
>>
>>16660147
So... why does a guy with a polished, nonthreatening approach get results if it's such a godawful inconvenience?
>>
>>16660203
You dont praise someone because they are looking for praise. You praise them because you found they are worthy of praise.
>>
>>16660093
I don't get it, even if gay guys are hitting on me all the time, I would still take it purely as a compliment. Who cares what people are thinking of you?
>>
>>16660220
why not keep your praise to yourself when the person isn't looking for it?
>>
>>16660221
Because in context of the discussion, gay guys dont count. Obviously men arent invisible to gay men. But in general men are invisible to other men and thats why you dont see them running around complimenting each others appearance.
>>
>>16660096
A girl that's never been approached by a guy in public because of her lack of aesthetically pleasing features
>>
>>16660199
Eh, it can be. I mean the most extreme example is "hey, nice tits". Literally speaking, it's a compliment, but it should be obvious why it's actually a mean and shitty thing to say to a woman.

For my own part, compliments feel too obvious. If she returns your glance or a smile, and you lead in with some neutral ice breaker, it's much easier for her to brush you off without resorting to "being mean".

From what I know, many women are less afraid of the approach, and more afraid of being seen as a bitch (or god forbid, interacting with a real nutjob who will shout at her or hurt her). I know someone who gave the finger to some really obnoxious guy and he snapped her fucking finger.

>>16660221
That's sort of my test for what's over the line
>would I be annoyed if a gay guy approached me this way?

There have been occasions where some fag came on strong and made gross innuendos and I wanted to smash his face in... most of the time I can't really tell if they're gay/interested in me--which is a great sweet spot to aim for when picking up women.

I had to ask a woman a question at a bar the other night while I was waiting for a date, and I could tell she was pretty disappointed that I was just asking her a question and not trying to strike up a convo.

>>16660225
Because it's a free fucking country. Why do you assume all men are all pussy-seeking robots who can't read body language and take a hint when a girl isn't interested?
>>
>>16660246
I have been approached by guys in public. It's annoying and transparent. It's incredibly retarded of you to keep jumping to conclusions about who the person on the other side of the screen is, when you've never met them. Because everyone who disagrees with you is a fat ugly virgin, amirite?
>>
>>16660225
because you praise others. its like keeping a trophy to yourself instead of giving it to the winner.
>>
>>16660263
I've been approached by evangelicals who want to convert me. It was annoying.

I've been approached by homeless people asking for money. It was annoying. I've even been hounded by a couple real tough customers who tried to corner me and shake me down.

I've been approached by gay guys who think they can talk to me like a rentboy because I'm walking past their stupid pride festival. It was annoying.

Guess what, sometimes other people are annoying. If a stranger saying "nice day, huh?" is the worst thing that happened to you today, you should thank your lucky stars.
>>
>>16660255
nice tits isnt a mean a shitty thing to say.
>>
>>16659870
lol this is a bad idea. i dont like being bothered by men i don't know on the street.
>>
>>16660318
Many women feel differently. Accepting rejection is pretty much a man's lot.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.