[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, due to not having any sort of health insurance anymore, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Zoloft-price.jpg (5 KB, 217x184) Image search: [Google]
Zoloft-price.jpg
5 KB, 217x184
So, due to not having any sort of health insurance anymore, I haven't been able to take my 200 mg of Zoloft per day in months. At first, I didn't think I needed it since I've felt that I've overcame most of my anxiety/depression (last time I recall it even being bad was a couple years ago), but now, after almost half a year of not taking it, I feel these short bursts of anxiety before I try to go to sleep. Keep in mind that my sleep hygiene isn't very good, so I don't know if that factors into it.
I'm not sure what's going on , though. Can anyone give me a diagnosis? Any recommendations? I'm 19, by the way.
>>
Get a job, stop sitting at home crying all day if you can't handle it
>>
>>16659655
I do have a job, though.
>>
Then what are you thinking about when this happens. I only said that cause most people that complain about anxiety are crybabies that need some aggression
>>
>>16659694
Trivial shit like
>what if one of my family members die
>what if I develop some sort of mental disorder
>what if I already have it, but I don't know it
>what if I have cancer, but don't know about it and can't check because no health insurance
Pretty much stupid stuff that I haven't worried about in years.
>>
>>16659732
I used to think the same stuff a few years ago but after 3 years I just stopped caring about everything an stopped finding enjoyment in anything real. So my suggestion maybe find a local help group to talk about these things if you can't afford a professional cause that stuff can eat away at you and pills don't make it better only acceptances will ease it.
>>
Take two Benadryl one hour before going to sleep once every couple of days or they will become less effective. They're non-addictive and the only downside to them is having dilated pupils. This is what my psychiatrist "prescribed" me.
>>
>>16659674
can't you just apply for health insurance through the marketplace? You're still within the window of applying for coverage this year.

Or if you live in a state that expanded Medicaid, try to apply for that? I've got depression too, man...I know how it feels to go without the meds...
>>
>>16659949
I don't really pay much attention to what's going on with health insurance, but I live in Michigan, if that helps. Also, I can move to a different department (right now, I'm just a bagger) and acquire some sort of health insurance, but once I do move to one, I won't get as many hours.
My mom and other relatives really want me to get my driver's license so I can use my grandma's car, since she doesn't use it anymore because her dementia is getting worse. I really don't care about having a car though, since I can walk to work, but I'm a lazy fuck who hasn't even acquired his high school diploma yet, so they want me to set my priorities straight.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1000x1000
Look into St. John's Wort or SAM E. SSRI's efficacy is questionable to say the least, there was study that indicated they're no better than placebo, not to mention the small chance of Permanent SSRI Sexual Dysfunction. If I were you I would just look into supplements with anti-depressive effects like above.
>>
,>>16659560
Lucky you, I've been on 150mg of Zoloft for less than a year and when I tried to wean myself off it I kept getting these crazy annoying brain zaps because of withdrawal. :s

Anyway, did you get therapy while you were on Zoloft? If you did, it might be good to use some of the things you learnt from it to help you with your anxiety. If not, there are free resources and numbers you can call that would be more qualified to help you out compared to 4chan :p
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.