[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drink a cold one with me /adv/ >GF of 2.5 years is moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1443933516334.png (312 KB, 489x563) Image search: [Google]
1443933516334.png
312 KB, 489x563
Drink a cold one with me /adv/

>GF of 2.5 years is moving away
>We both agree we won't do long distance
>Hang out and stuff for our last 3 months together
>She starts dialing back, refusing kissing, holding hands, etc...
>Frustrated me to no end, wanted to just stop
>start ignoring her because who needs that shit
>she starts getting sad and depressed
>I realize what I needed to do....
>Be there for her and let her move on from me at her own pace
>Continue to hang out as I watch our relationship go from warm to her giving me the cold shoulder
>Spend our last hour tonight at her place
>There wasn't any warmness in her smile
>She was on her phone with people wishing her goodbye on Facebook and stuff
>Had our last hug today
>I visit folks tomorrow, she leaves Sunday, so that's that....

Did I do right /adv/?
>>
>>16658765
You did right son. Life will move on.

Cheers.
>>
>>16658765
Yup.
>>
Ya did good, anon. Ya did good.
>>
Props for doing what was right although it had to hurt something fierce.

You're a better person for it, good luck in your further endeavors.
>>
Just got out of a 4 year relationship. You did right .

The key now is leaving it right. Don't Fuck it up and message her shit when you're drunk. Dial everything back u til you eventually lose contact. Absolutely shitty and heartbreaking to do but if you care about her and her happiness you gotta undertand that blowing up her phone will make it worse for both of you.

Time to focus on you anon.

Iktf way too well man. This post made me feel some shit I didn't want to. I miss her too man but we're gonna make it
>>
>>16658776
>>16658775
>>16658771
>>16658783
Thanks anons. At times I felt like I should have tried harder...that I didn't have to watch our relationship die. I don't know what hurts more, being blindsided by a breakup, or watching it slowly happen...but I did my best in my character

>>16658794
Already deleted her number. I wish you well on your life journey as well
>>
>>16658862
Get some sleep bud. She wasn't the one. You handled yourself like a man.
>>
>>16658765
I think you did the right thing. Seriously, good job on being mature anon :)
>>
>>16658866
Lemmi finish 1-2 more bottles then I will...gonna embrace the next week as a new free man. Being a man sucks.

>>16658876
Still a bit torn if that was the right thing to do. Part of me feels like we could have been together if I did things different....as I drink I tend to switch over to things I can do to get her back....
>>
>>16658927
Being a man is amazing bro, just hang out with your friends.
They will help you trough this
>>
>>16658927
There's no point in thinking about the what ifs. You can't change them. Keep moving forward. It's a crazy beautiful thing you did tho. I don't think I could've handled it. I'll take a drink in your honor tomorrow anon.
>>
>>16658765
Can't stress this enough.

You did good.
>>
>>16659749
>>16659397
>>16659391
Just woke up. Thanks for these anons, starting day 1 of no contact now... oh boy...
>>
You did good.

Only movr forward!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.