[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If my wife did coke, dxm, got drunk and drank lots of coffee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1447440412423.jpg (39 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1447440412423.jpg
39 KB, 840x700
If my wife did coke, dxm, got drunk and drank lots of coffee well pregnant, how fucked is the baby potentially?

We just found out and this is her first missed period, so it's not far into the pregnancy. She will be stopping now that we know, and we'll be seeing a doctor to confirm it's not a false positive/ask more questions about the baby's health (all things considered). Just want some vague idea/other people's experiences til then.
>>
Having an unhealthy start could mean that the baby won't stick to the womb in time for the stable period. Be ready for it to abort itself.
>>
>>16657328
Why were you still on drunks and drink when trying for a child?
>>
>>16657328

Abort and start over, this time without the chemical smorgasbord. Don't take a chance on a potentially fucked up baby.

That's just my lay advice, ask the doctor if you want a better idea of the risk. But I wouldn't chance it.
>>
>>16657336
How long does that usually take? Or does it vary?

>>16657340
This child is an accident, she wouldn't have been doing any of those things if we were attempting to have one. I've always wanted a kid, but we didn't feel 'ready' for one. Sometimes contraceptives fuck up.
>>
>>16657361
Usually 3 months.
>>
>>16657355
Yeah, I know what you're saying, man. I'm just kind of fucked up over this. I have a low sperm count so even though this isn't impossible, I feel like just aborting will be giving up on a small chance too soon.

At the same time, we've already agreed that if there's any significant chance it comes out fucked up or retarded, we'll abort.
>>
>>16657382
Thanks for the reply. We'll see a doctor before then so I'm hoping they'll be able to have some idea and it won't just be a 3 month waiting game.
>>
as callous as it might sound, I have to agree with>>16657355

I work as an EMT and I've seen plenty of children so severely disabled they could hardly even be called alive despite living for decades. That's a life that would have been better off not having been brought into the world.
>>
>>16657328
I drank rather heavily during the beginning of one of my pregnancies and smoked pot in the beginning of another. My kids came out fine and healthy and are thriving now.
>>
>her first missed period
Is that all? The baby will be fine, just don't do it again. This sort of thing happens all the time.
>>
>>16657416
>>16657355
The effects these guys are talking about only occur after heavy and continued use throughout the pregnancy. If this is only her first missed period, you guys are good.
>>
The earlier in pregnancy, the more sensitive to effects from chemicals, especially in the first month. Thing is nobody knows precisely how much it takes to fuck a baby up, which is why not every baby conceived during a week long bender turns out to have fetal alcohol syndrome. Hard to say how things will turn out.
>>
Will you be able to stay off drugs if you two decide to keep the baby? Or will you ditch it to someone else whenever you got the cravings?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.