[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I'm planning to have an all nighter tonight as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1321827731170.jpg (89 KB, 615x576) Image search: [Google]
1321827731170.jpg
89 KB, 615x576
Hey /adv/
I'm planning to have an all nighter tonight as why not and I'm hooked on watching something.
Problem is, I have work tomorrow. I've never worked under no sleep before.
My job isn't particularly hard but it's a full shift.
Is it doable?
>>
>>16657009
Yeah. Some people do it almost constantly.
>>
>>16657009
It's doable, but every person is different. Maybe you can't pull it off. How habe you fared with little sleep before?
>>
>>16657009
It's not doable. Please sleep
Especially if you have to drive. It's not safe to drive when you've been awake longer than 15 hours
>>
>>16657012
I can imagine. Have you done it yourself previously?
>>16657029
It's been a while but I usually start feeling tired just after midday. I guess maybe with the right amount of caffeine/sugar I could avoid this though? That's the only method I know of that people use to stay awake.
>>16657040
I do drive but it's honestly not far and my job is desk based. Would you still not recommend it?
>>
that's dumb and not even fun

doing drugs (minus those that keep you awake) would literally be a better idea

I mean, I'm happy you're thrilled with the stuff you do on your comp etc, but there's no reason to not quit and sleep
>>
Yeah, but it makes your job suck more the next day and makes you more prone to mistakes, but at work and in life. Been in two car accidents in my life, both were after all nighters.
>>
>>16657056
>sitting at a desk running on no sleep for 8 hours

Fuck m8 its gonna be a rough one get a lot of caffeine so you don't end up fired. It's really not a good idea you're gonna be miserable
>>
>>16657009
What the others said.
It's just not worth it. And your tiredness will show, too. You could even fall asleep on the job.
>>
>>16657098
>>16657166
>>16657229
>>16657251
Thanks guys.
In retrospect, probably not a great idea and granted it is one day before the weekend so it's not really worth it. I'll have an early one tonight.
>>
>>16657012
This. I pull all-nighters all the time and work the day after, sucks to be running at like 40% but it's doable.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.