[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationship advice: GF recently told me she will be moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1329007301934.jpg (203 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
1329007301934.jpg
203 KB, 636x900
Relationship advice:

GF recently told me she will be moving back to her home country permanently, she's 99% sure of it. Doubtful we will do ldr...

I'm not quite sure what to do, I've been in a expiration date relationship before, but I knew it would end from the get go. I didn't think this new g/f would do this, in fact I asked her if she planned on staying where we live and she said yes, it would benefit her career..

So I started to have feelings for her because things were great and she was planning on staying.

Recently she went to her home country (in asia) and her parents are convincing her to move back... I told her I didn't want to get in the way. I told her she should do what is best for her and not let me get in the way of her and her family. She sounded really surprised when I said this... not in a bad way but she sounded kind of sad.

But I wish I could be like "you're fn 26!! Visit them 2x a year ffs you make an AMAZING salary and have way more opportunities here that you don't have there!".. Ugh did I make the right decision? Should I just end it and become friends with her (I don't think I can be friends unfortunately it's kind of srs)?

Maybe she'll change back to normal once she comes back here?

Thanks /adv/
>>
bamp
>>
>>16654824
fuck dude, you could tell her about how it's worth considering what she's giving up, but from a position that you are totally not the significant aspect of that equation. and it's not that you care about her, but how it doesn't feel fair to you to say consider me for X reason, and hope she understands that you're not saying you care about her less. you've done the right thing so far. it sucks, but a relationship that exists cause someone said consider not leaving because of me is way too much pressure
>>
File: FB_IMG_1444768343103.jpg (31 KB, 474x474) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1444768343103.jpg
31 KB, 474x474
No matter what you've said, it won't make her happy. She has her values, and unfortunately, she thinks you are and her career are not worth being with her family. A twenty six year old girl should think differently, but she doesn't. There's no use arguing or making it harder for her. Let her know that it was her decision to do this, and then be done with it. Do not keep contact, it will only prolong you from moving on with your life.
>>
>>16654858
Thank's, I feel like I said the right thing.. just sucks, I guess it's just a shitty situation I have no control over.
>>
>>16654824
Get her pregnant, will probably solve everything
>>
Props for not wanting to make it about you and for letting her make her own decisions.

That said, I wouldn't hold back on the better money and career if she stays arguement. That sounds like it would be better for her anyway.
>>
>>16654824
Wanting to be with someone in a relationship that you think is good and would work is not the same thing as standing in her way. Do you really think that dating her is bringing her down?

I would tell her what I wanted. I would tell her that I would respect her decision, and if moving back is really what she thinks is best, then I wouldn't try to stop her from doing what is right for her.

But I'd let her know that she has reasons to stay too.
>>
Dont be so pathetic that you have to settle for an Asian girl rather than a white one.

Dont be a fucking race traitor.
>>
File: 1437587246465.png (439 KB, 494x366) Image search: [Google]
1437587246465.png
439 KB, 494x366
>>16655670
Implying white girls are better.
>>
>>16655702
>Ruining thousands of years of European bloodline
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.