[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just turned 18 Parents have been warning me that they'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-01-06 23.25.09.jpg (617 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06 23.25.09.jpg
617 KB, 1080x1920
Just turned 18
Parents have been warning me that they'll kick me out day 1 after highschool ends since I was 17
I've saved up 5k
I have no drivers licence
No friends or family ill be able to live with after I fail out of highschool
I used to be a lifegaurd/wsi/swim coach until my local employer, the YMCA, closed down.
Seems like the only option is to an hero once I get kicked out, Im totally accepting of killing myself too, I'm not depressed or sad either, just numb feeling and life doesn't seem worth living.
>>
File: Shearwater.jpg (24 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
Shearwater.jpg
24 KB, 320x480
I don't think you can fail out of high school as long as you keep showing up.
>>
Weeeeeeeellllll I guess I wrongly assumed I was worth someone's advice or time, often I over calculate how special I am,
I think it's just a coping method to make me feel like I'm worth something.
>>
>>16654397
I haven't passed a class since sophomore year :/ I tried to join alternative classes but my parents wouldn't allow the school to do it. They say I am smart enough to do traditional schooling therefore alternative is out of the question.
>>
>>16654397
Thanks for the reply btw, I posted that paragraph after your post before I seen your reply. It was pretty much a bump desu
>>
>>16654412
Pretty much a bump desu
>>
join the military, it'll get you away from home, your necessities are taken care of, you'll grow up a bit and learn a useful trade, then once you get out the government will pay for you to go to college
>>
>>16654438
I've thought about this, as a stereotypical athiest commie fag who hates America I'd have to swallow my pride and just join, its better in the long run. Maybe I could afford a plane ticket to a respectable European country who treats their military better and join them?? Good advice buddy that actually gave me hope.
>>
>>16654438
Its funny because this used to be my plan for a long time and I forgot about it when I needed it the most.
>>
>>16654465
stop being such an edgelord pls

unless you're fabulously wealthy immigration to europe is a pipe dream
>>
>>16654477
All I would need is a plane ticket straight to their army
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_militaries_that_recruit_foreigners
>>
>>16654501
they only take citizens, no foreign nationals allowed with the single notable exception of the french foreign legion (the spanish legion also exists but only takes people from former spanish colonies)

if you're serious about it then get a plane ticket to paris and take a bus to Aubagne (there is a recruiting station in Paris but the one in Aubagne is faster)

you need to be in flawless health, if you have any health conditions like asthma or high blood pressure then they'll cut you right away. Additionally you need to be in exceptionally good physical condition, and I mean star athlete good. But above that you'll need the endurance to stand tall in the face of extreme adversity. Over 90% of all recruits from north america and western europe wash out during training. Most of the people who make it are from latin america, slavic countries, and africa. People form third world countries who are trying to get french citizenship so they can then send for their families.

If you're serious then go for it, but it wont be easy. It would also be a good idea to have some conversational french under your belt first because the instruction is entirely in french.

anyway here's this
http://foreignlegion.info/joining/
>>
File: fit017.jpg (2 KB, 125x94) Image search: [Google]
fit017.jpg
2 KB, 125x94
If you can pass a psychology test and some interviews you can get a job on a cruise ship and see the world. Plus the room and board. You work your ass off its not picnic. There is also the Peace Corps.. but dont expect to make any money.. but you will probably find a ton of horny hippies to cuddle with or a cult to join.
Might as well burn your parents house down after you leave... fuck them...mmm I right? I dunno.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-03-57-48.png (285 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-03-57-48.png
285 KB, 480x800
Work your way up to a retail manager and on your day off's go look for a lifeguard/coach. I'm a coach at a private competitive swimming club! Just fo you bro. "Do the things your Going to do tomorrow to day."
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.