[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pls help me before I an hero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Hey /adv/, I really could use some guidance.

I'm 19 years old. I had to drop out of high school my senior year for reasons beyond my control. I have a shit job as a "manager" at a pizzeria where I earn $7.75 an hour( been there for at least 5 Years started at $6 an hour.) My family has always been poor, so I've been soley supporting myself since I was 13, while helping my parents pay bills and even buying things for my brother and sister. My teeth are about 75% completely broken or rotted away because of a trampoline accident when I was 14 and I have not had money for proper dental care. I'm looking for a better job, but I'm limited to a handful of factory jobs and most requires a GED, which I don't really have the money for right now.

On top of all this, I'm going to court tomorrow for a class B misdemeanor (Marijuana Possession, wasn't even mine) I bought a Powerball today and lost, of course.

I'm loosing the little hope I still had. I have little reason to live anymore.
What the fuck can I do to turn my life around? I have no idea where to start.

TL:DR
> Anon has had a generic bad childhood and is depressed and doesn't know what the fuck to do.
>>
Shit man just hang in there, im trying to hold everything together too
>>
>>16654230
I want off this ride :(
>>
>>16654221
Make some friends, it's difficult, but in that situation you're stuck knowing your fate and constantly thinking of a dim future. You need someone or something to take your mind off of it so you have the energy to want to change it. I'm so sorry man I empathize for you. Hobbies also help, they can shift your thoughts to something else.
>>
>>16654221

face the pain. you're cheating yourself of what could be after these shitty times since you're only 19.

not trying to cheapen the pain you feel now, but you've got to give yourself a shot at the good stuff in life.

in the short term, your priorities should be getting your health controlled. If amerifag, get on obamacare/aca website and find out how to get subsidy.

next is dealing with the law. Big deal, a possession charge. Had any other problems with the law? If not, they're not going to throw the book at you, and even if you get a whiff that they might try, just tell the judge you can't be a productive member of society or help provide for your family. Don't do it all pity-party style, just explain things calmly and business like.

3rd KEEP This job until you get the next. Do NOT let yourself become unemployed.

This is your line in the sand, now. Declare that this is the standard in life I will uphold no matter what shitstorm blows. Then build on it slowly. Make short term small goals. nothing further out than 6 months. This helps build your confidence that you can get shit done that you want done.
>>
>>16654247
This might help. OP sounds like he could use some drug-free friends actually. Not that I am against drugs personally, but it's just not a good idea to associate with people who do illegal shit when you already have legal troubles.
>>
>>16654221

What the fuck that's just dumb. Get your ged and work in trades, work in good blue collar work jobs. Work in anything until you finish your schooling, Being poor is motivation to get out of that rut assuming this post is real. I myself am making almost no money from being a dropout. Nobody will care what you do as long as you're doing it to better your life anon. As for your court case in the U.S. and your powerball. You're kind of going to have to bite the bullet there. Find an org that will help you find work and training. I worked with my sketchy dad with his crimes before. He lives with me now and we're dirt poor living in the projects. I'm very poor and can't afford food or a balcony to smoke in. He's been beating me up and my sister for everything. Spent all my welfare on tobacco and alcohol.

I'm with you on killing yourself. I'm dirt thin and could barely walk downstairs to smoke. No man will ever want me,
>>
>>16654780
>>16654221

Just don't be lazy and get your GED, I was lazy my whole life but I found a way to make good money. I make around 35k annually and that's from sitting on my ass. I'm studying trades and business got myself a shitty blue collar work that pays well and now I'm making close to 50k annually. Granted I have debt and I'm living with parents to save money but it will all work out in the end.

Good luck with your teeth and court case.
>>
>>16654780
> no man will ever want me

I'll be the judge of that, girl.

Post pic
>>
>>16654221
Don't do anything, you're living the dream.
>>
>>16654850

> living the dream
> wants to kill themselves

And the piece of shit award goes to you. Kill yourself.
>>
Hey beats living with my stepdad who beats me up. My neighbours can hear the beating I get and I want to kill myself. Hate living like this at 20, 7 year old sister thinks I'm ugly and a dropout who only smokes cigs and drives around to smoke crack. I'll join you in the afterlife.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.