[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My abusive father is supposed to be getting weekends with me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
My abusive father is supposed to be getting weekends with me again. I honestly have no way of getting there this weekend, and my mom would be held in contempt of court if I do nothing.

I have a full write up on Pastebin http://pastebin.com/C43XKRfu

Basically, my dad is a fuckface and hits me, so I'm trying to avoid him. Only way to do that is to "run away"
>>
Do you have a guidance counselor you could tell this to?
>>
>>16653892
You're really stupid if you can't figure out how to make him hit you hard enough that there will be marks and then call the cops and get his ass thrown in jail and the problem taken care of for good.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-06+at+10.12.47).png (18 KB, 330x362) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-06+at+10.12.47).png
18 KB, 330x362
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
Okay, so I can reply in MS Edge, but not Chrome. Whatever.

>>16653912
They're pretty mum about all of this and have been completely absent or busy every time I've been able to go talk to them in the past week.

>>16653918
HE HAS left marks, and they haven't done shit!
>>
>>16653950
Tell them what you wrote, that he chokes you, and that you don't feel safe there. They have to do something, or are they completely incompetent?
>>
>>16653892
Report the abuse to child protective services. They'll send someone out who will be much more likely to take your side on things and who can help you.
>>
>>16653966
Look, man, the cops seem pretty incompetent. I'm hoping that trend will continue if I run away (not doing shit)
>>
>>16653892
I read the whole story pretty quickly and on my phone so maybe a missed something but are the visits with your father court ordered? I was under the impression that you didn't have to go unless you wanted to.
>>
>>16654015
They are, yes.
>>
>>16654024
Shit, if it's only temporary, I would just go to your friends. But I just don't know what kind of flack you would get for skipping out on court mandated stuff. Or how you would do school in the process.

You might just have to deal with all the bullshit until you're of age.
>>
>>16654050
School isn't an issue if I stay with my friend's. The main issue would just be how much trouble my mother might get in if things go wrong.
>>
There has to be a way to keep you away from him, especially Child Protection Services. You might be scared, but don't be. Your father's a psychopath and you shouldn't have to be around him
>>
>>16654104
I figured this would be the consensus. My main issue with CPS is that he's not bad to his other children. (In all honesty, it's about my mother more than it's about me, and he's still able to abuse their mother emotionally. He can't get to mine)

Based on the laws, I think that running away will fix the immediate problem for this weekend, but other legal action would have to be taken after that.
>>
>>16654121
Call either the police or CPS and tell them you refuse to go because you know he's going to hit you.
And fuck how he treats his other children, if he hits one, he doesn't deserve to be around any

Go to a friend's house briefly if you feel you must, but you're going to have to tell someone. Don't put up with him abusing you because you're afraid of the trouble it'll cause. Who knows how long it'll be before he starts abusing his other children?
>>
>>16654169
I feel like you're probably right, although I'm not sure how CPS would step in with the existing custody case.
>>
>>16654184
It's worth a shot, they're not going to tell you that you have to go spend a weekend with your abusive father. Did it not come up in the custody case that your father had abused you?
I'm not a legal expert, but I honestly can't see how a judge or jury would agree to charge your mother with anything because you refused to visit someone who hits you.
Just google the local police or CPS office and call them as soon as you're able
>>
>>16654220
I wasn't at the hearing on Monday, but I was told my dad lied and my mom was flustered and basically a deer in the headlights. It was brought up, apparently, but I can't tell to what extent.
>>
>>16654229
Yeah, definitely call someone ASAP, tell them you won't go and you'd like to stay with your mother, just don't deal with it and go to your dad's house because you're going to regret it

If someone actually tells you that you don't know what's best for yourself and you have to go because of your age, then... I don't know, that's some newsworthy incompetence right there
>>
>>16654257
I mean, not with how close I live to Detroit, but I know what you mean.
>>
Get a shirt with a pocket, and a concealed gun/knife. Film at all times, if he starts being abusive towards you, fucking stab his leg.
>>
>>16654269
Just do it anon, this isn't something to mess around with
Do what you need to do now or it'll only get worse
>>
>>16654306
I'll have my knife on me if I'm forced into leaving with him. Trust me on that one.

>>16654314
Like I said, I'll be calling in a few hours. Less than 13
>>
For anyone wondering, I'm going to make calls today, as well as actually visit the court and talk to my E.O.
>>
running away, as in, leaving? try to spend the weekend at a friend's/family member's place who understands the situation you're in and you feel comfortable/safe with. wish you luck, abuse fucking sucks.
>>
>>16655416
Running away as in that's what the cop would have to hear if they inquired why I'm at a friend's house when I'm supposed to be at my dad's
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.