[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning to Draw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I recently got an intuius drawing pad and I want to start learning to draw (obviously) What would be a good program to start off with, and how can I learn easily. I have very little drawing experience so I need a super basic starting
Pic Related ( Something I half traced, and half drew)
>>
>>16652992
Visit >>>/ic/
Check the sticky
>>
>>16652992

it depends what you want to draw. but from what your picture is, im guessing something semi-anime like? consider trying the 'hwo to draw manga' books. you can easily find similar guides online simply by searching.

as for programs, depends what your goal is. you could use a drawing pad on something like paint or photoshop or gimp or sai, some of which are free or at the very least, easy to pirate. for a more immsersive experience, try taking actual art classes. though they may not be what you want if you're attempting something like making your own comic or whatever.

my recommendation is think about the kind of style you want / what you want to do, and start looking at tutorials. after seeing those basic tutorials, try searchign for similar 'tutorial series'. watch em and see what happens. you wont know what you want til you find it,.

>>16653000

also this
>>
>>16653005
I was talking with a friend and she showed me some art she does and she has her own style of drawing things I asked how she found it out and she said it just happened over time, but I was just wondering if anyone had other stories of learning a style and drawing in general as not only a way of learning but also somewhat of a inspiration for me and others who lurk this thread.
>>
>>16653016

most people find a style that appeals to them, aim for it, then kinda develop their own based on limitatiosn / patterns.

i mean 'anime' seems to be its own art style, but wihtin that each and every artist has their own style. if you compare sailor moon to naruto to hunterxhunter to the new sailor moon, you'll see a difference.

look at the original pokemon anime and compare that style to the new one.

if ur looking for a quick way to develop your own unique style, you wont really find it. but choosing a style and just drawing that will generally lead to your own version of that style.
>>
>>16653038
Nah im not looking for a shortcut, I just want a good stepping stone to start this up.
>>
>>16653042

then you're on the right track. think about what it is your are drawing and why (comic? animated short? what?) then pick a style that enables that (photorealistic stuff doesnt work so well for comics, and lots of detail doesnt work good for animaiton, stick figures dont wokr for portraits) and just try it out. if you find it unappealing later you can switch it up
>>
>>16653055
The type of pictures i want to draw is just one big detailed one, I don't know what to call it so I found a picture that can best describe it for you.

Pic is from an artist called Jisu. She's really good you guys should check her out.
>>
>>16653093

detailed as in realistic? or detailed as in cartoon wiht lots of thought put into it.

either way, it sounds like you want to take a real life art class. check local places, community colleges, its okay to sign up for just one class to learn something new. if you can find one that focuses on drawing by hand and/or digital art (as opposed to a painting class, etc) that would be best. even if they teach stufff that seems weird (like how to draw your own hand) it DOES help you overall.

and of course, google, tutorials, and practice
>>
>>16653110
Detailed as in I make up everything from scratch not reference a real world thing.
>>
>>16653117

that might be tough. most people do look at real life pictures to get things to look right. many will go online and google things utnil they find the right poses and such. they wont match it directly but they will use it to know where they are going.

but unfortunately 'making everythign from scratch' isnt really a style, so i dont know what kind of art you are aiming to make. im not sure YOU do. do you want to do things like that kirby art? or do you want to do like portraits? what?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.