[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with random bouts of seemingly irrational guilt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: aliisa.png (262 KB, 540x452) Image search: [Google]
aliisa.png
262 KB, 540x452
How do I deal with random bouts of seemingly irrational guilt?

If I can't pinpoint any kind of a direct source for a feeling of guilt (I can't think of anything that I would have done wrong, that I shouldn't have done that I could have avoided, or that I forgot to do), is it always irrational?

How do I tell if I have a reason to feel some way or not?
>>
>>16652289

cant really deal with something if you dont know why. how do you know its guilt if there is nothing to feel guilty about? perhaps you felt a specific type of sadness when you should have been feeling guilt and nowe when you feel sad you cant tell teh difference?
>>
File: Plia.jpg (721 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
Plia.jpg
721 KB, 1280x852
Women often have fleeting emotions and then waste time trying to figure out why. Your brain's left hemisphere has language but your right hemisphere produces these feelings.
>>
>>16652309
idk I just get this feeling of guilt when I've done something bad and I feel guilty.

And I get a lot of false positives.

>>16652318
I'm a guy.

Should I go get my hormones tested?
>>
It seems to me like you're talking about mild anxiety. I feel similar but I wouldn't call it guilt, just uneasiness.
>>
>>16652336
>when I've done something bad

Like?
>>
>>16652340
Well I still feel like someone is soon about to barge into my home and start yelling at me for having done something horrible and it's only a matter of time.

wat do
>>
File: Strum.jpg (71 KB, 354x471) Image search: [Google]
Strum.jpg
71 KB, 354x471
>>16652336
The hemisphere part is still true, and you are wasting time.
>>
>>16652351
As a person who has actually been diagnosed with varying levels of depression at different spots between the ages of 8 and 19, I aknowledge that 90% of my feelings and emotions are a massive waste of time.

I, however, don't know how to switch them off. If you can teach me, feel free to do so.
>>
File: Ursula.jpg (269 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
Ursula.jpg
269 KB, 1300x866
>>16652366
Physical exercise. Build muscle and increase your stamina via long bouts of aerobic exercise. It helps regulate your mood.
>>
>>16652381
Is there any way to do that without leaving the house?
>>
File: Junk.jpg (26 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
Junk.jpg
26 KB, 500x335
>>16652389
Perhaps, but you need sunlight to help with the depression also. You could jump rope, I guess.
>>
File: Emanate.jpg (48 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
Emanate.jpg
48 KB, 550x368
>>16652396
And weight training can be done at home.
>>
>>16652396
I'm in Scandinavia. There is no sun in the winter.

The only weights in the house are the 1,5 kilo ones which are probably like 3 lbs in american and besides, they're pink.

What does skipping rope help?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.