[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips on getting a job? No matter how hard I try I can't get one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: animal-hybrid-wolf.jpg (85 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
animal-hybrid-wolf.jpg
85 KB, 500x276
Tips on getting a job? No matter how hard I try I can't get one.
>>
Age, gender, location, skillset, education, transportation, etc. Info needed faggot
>>
>>16651845

step one: live somewhere where there are jobs.

No joke, and i know it sounds like a stupid thing to say but look at the employment statistics for your area. If there is a high unemployment, there are no jobs.

If there is a low unemployment, you get a job by walking into any entry level employer and they'll beg you to start working there.
>>
>>16651854
18, male, Texas, high school diploma
>>
>decide what field you want to get into
>start developing the skills required to work in that field
>stand out against the other candidates because you have actually demonstrated commitment towards the career

But you won't do this because it sounds like too much effort.

Enjoy your unemployment.
>>
>>16651951
Try more. You're basically just shotgunning for the type of jobs you can apply for at your age.
>>
>>16651845
You could volunteer, that would help you build references and your resume
>>
>>16652053
Hah, check this fag.
>>
>>16652101
>>16652053
Actualy true, OP is young it will be a little hard for him to get any real job now
>>
>>16651845
You need a skillset. Pick a field and start learning about how to get into it. Either that or be a cashier forever.
>>
Dear OP,

You live in Texas. Chances are you live near an HEB grocery store. Go bag, go stock shelves, something.

Check craigslist for signspinner jobs. It's a shit job and you'll cook your brains, but you'll get paid.

While you work your shit tier jobs, start developing non-shit tier skills. Learn the shit out of the following skill set areas

Computer troubleshooting and repair
Microsoft office
Quickbooks
Social media campaign management
Agile/scrum project management

While you earn money you are developing the skillset that is needed for entry level management / project management. It's all office and administrative logistic stuff, but goddamn is there a need for it.

You're going to have to hustle, OP. You can do it. Work and learn. This is a marathon, not a sprint. You'll get a solid set of damn good skills in time . Past that, it's up to you.
>>
>>16651968

This. No shortcuts work, but this works every time on a long enough time scale (say, 1-3 years)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.