[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do i be gf???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (366 KB, 505x377) Image search: [Google]
image.png
366 KB, 505x377
How long is it acceptable to think about dating someone?

>be me
>be grill
>after a couple dates, guy asks me to be gf
>gotta_think_about_it.png
>two weeks later thinking about it
>suddenly something comes up where the relationship is going have to be a LDR (by an hour, which isnt too bad imo)
>tell him I have to think about it more
>4 weeks later, still don't know what to fucking do

So, how long is it until he gives up on me? I don't know what to do. My previous relationship was an LDR (but many, many states away) and I wanted to start anew and now that's ruined. The reason he's moving is because he's a fucking idiot who flunked out of school, so there's a great reason to date him right there. For someone I barely know, he's already proving himself to just be troublesome. Idk if it's worth it, but at the same time I'm just so bored of life and I enjoy being in his company and talking to him and shit. The only reason I'd get into a relationship with him is "just because" or "it'd be fun", is that okay? Can relationships be based off that?
>>
File: Emanate.jpg (48 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
Emanate.jpg
48 KB, 550x368
Thinking about it means "no". If he really rocked your world, you wouldn't need to think about it.
>>
no. its not ok. if it had any substance, you wouldn't have thought about it in the first place. let him go and wait for somebody that really gets your emotions up
>>
>hour away
>LDR
what
>>
>>16650823
>The only reason I'd get into a relationship with him is "just because" or "it'd be fun", is that okay?
Yes, no need to be all serious. Just try and see where it goes. You've overthought it too much already. Just don't become another cinderella woman like those 2 hinted
>>16650831
>>16650832
>>
>guy asks me to be gf
do people really do this?
>>
>>16650849
This.

If you're dates are in real life and not Skype then it's not long distance.
>>
>>16651530
How do you go about it?
>>
>The only reason I'd get into a relationship with him is "just because" or "it'd be fun", is that okay? Can relationships be based off that?

What the fuck? You go on dates to figure out whether or not you like someone. You start a relationship when both people agree on this.

Don't fuck this kid up by letting him think "I'll think about it" means anything but no. He'll be completely rekt after the next girl that pulls that shit on him leaves him hanging for a year because he was too fucked up by you to know what's going on.
>>
You ever think maybe he needs someone like you in his life if he's made many attempts to be with you he obviously cares a lot so what if he doesn't have his life together you might be the one to help him
>>
>>16650823
>The only reason I'd get into a relationship with him is "just because" or "it'd be fun"

Yeah that only works if you are living close to each other and can fuck on a regular basis.

The answer is obvious OP.
>>
>>16650823
>How long is it acceptable to think about dating someone?

about 5 minutes. you'll know within 5 minutes if the chemistry is there or not, and if it's not, then no amount of waiting will help you.

if that's you in the pic btw, he's a fool. you're too adorkable to be left hanging.
>>
>>16651620
You get asked for lunch, or dinner. Then you perhaps hang out, go out again, and then casually talk about labels, and that's a *maybe*. A lot of the time things escalate before there's a label.
If it doesn't happen organically, he's not doing it right.
>>
>>16650823
>How long is it acceptable to think about dating someone?
A few minutes.
>>
you should call him right now and tell him exactly how you feel...stringing people along is a fucked up thing to do.
>>
>>16650823
>The only reason I'd get into a relationship with him is "just because" or "it'd be fun", is that okay? Can relationships be based off that?
No, relationships cannot be based off that.
Judging by what you've said previously in this post, you don't like him, so how fucking hard is it to say no? If you said yes and dumped him later on you'd be hurting him unneccessarily

>>16651680
This guy explains it better than I ever could
>>
>>16650823
Yes. Some of the most beautiful relationships in this world have been based off nothing more than affection. To those people, money is just paper, a sentence only temporary, all they understand is the rawest of passions. These are the happiest people in this world.
>>
>>16650823

It can work for relationships in which you don't see a long term future. Relationships such as: you don't expect to have kids with this person or you don't expect to marry this person. Because eventually you're going to get used to each other and settle into a pattern of normalcy, at which point things will be less about fun and more about being comfortable with each others company.

If he has access to any kind of reliable travel, then 1 hour is not long distance at all. I've traveled more than an hour multiple times a week for people I barely know, so I imagine that if he really likes you he would not be too bothered by traveling an hour.
>>
>>16650823
op honestly sounds like a 15 year old girl. 1 hour isn't a long distance at all if you can transit or drive. also if this is some guy just flunked out of college and is going to live with his parents or something, he's probably not much of a winner in life. At the very least does he work?

do you like this guy? does he attract you? do you click with him? would you want to kiss or have sex with him?

if the answer to ANY of these questions is "No.", then don't date him.
>>
>>16650823
>The only reason I'd get into a relationship with him is "just because" or "it'd be fun",
I can be fun bby ;)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.