[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you actually get hearing loss from a very loud human being?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Squidwards_Suicide.jpg (11 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
Squidwards_Suicide.jpg
11 KB, 480x269
Can you actually get hearing loss from a very loud human being?

Because of reasons I am currently forced to live with my sister who is literally never quiet, save for eating and sleeping. Today, she has been beating the piano on full blast and singing so loudly that me and mom literally have to shout at each other to have a conversation.

Can you actually get long-term hearing damage from someone making constant noise, even without sound amplifiers?
>>
I suppose so. Something with desensitisation.
>>
>>16650577
So her constant shrieking can actually, literally make me deaf?
>>
>>16650584
Well imagine working in a factory with lots of heavy machinery that make noise. Might not seem harmful at first but as it's constantly buzzing in your ears, the specific frequencies and dB levels slowly desensitise your hearing.
That's why your ears ring after a loud show or a night club, your ears compensate after being exposed to specific frequencies and dB levels.
>>
>>16650692
my sister howling Celine Dion while beating the piano keys can LITERALLY MAKE ME DEAF??
>>
>>16650716
If it's loud enough and/or you're close enough.

You ain't gonna go deaf from some awfully-shng Celine Dion m8, maybe cringe awfully at most.
>>
In response to your question.. Probably not unless she's around or over 85-90dB. Regardless.. That would be terribly irritating and I'd be pissed having to deal with that constantly.

Unrelated to your question.. Why the fuck do people replace the word "except" with the word "save"..?? Is this gramatically correct somehow or is my frustration with people doing this justified? It just doesn't make sense to me to replace the word "except" or even a short form "sept" (or something along those lines) with the word "save".
>>
>>16650728
Oh, she isn't bad at it.She's even gotten lessons and all. She's just very, very loud. Like, trained-professional-opera-singer -loud.

>>16650745
They don't want to guess how to write the word "except".
>>
>>16650790
So you wrote "save" instead of "except" because you didn't know how to spell "except"? I suppose I understand the logic there but "save" isn't even remotely the same word as "except".. And to my knowledge words that aren't even remotely the same generally aren't interchangable.. However your response gives me some vague idea as to why people do this.. Still don't understand how this became a thing but thanks for shedding some light anyways.
>>
>>16650817
English is not my first language so idk

I did not know it was not grammatically correct
>>
>>16650568
I don't think you should live with her anymore
>>
>>16650845
me neither, and that's why I'm trying to get a job and move out and do adult things.

(in the past two years, she has made no attempt to get a job)

(she dropped out and moved back in with mom when she realised she doesn't fit in at college)

(she has spent like 1200 euros on Star Wars shit in the past 3 months)
>>
>>16650900
that sucks , I think you should either just look away or just go away maybe
>>
>>16650745
>>16650790
>>16650817
>>16650833

They can be interchanged when "saved" is used properly. For example:

"This list includes everyone except the guy on the left."
Or
"This list includes everyone, save the guy on the left."

While "except" has a negative connotation to it, "save" is has more of a neutral, "putting aside" connotation. So while the common use of "save" is as a verb, it can also be correctly used as a preposition.
>>
>>16651068
Interesting. Thank you for clearing that up. I was unaware "save" could be used in that manner.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.