[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why would my boyfriend ignore my text? I know this is dumb but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
why would my boyfriend ignore my text?

I know this is dumb but my boyfriend was over until 1130 tonight and had to work an overnight shift and he left at 1150 and then I don't usually do this but I texted him "I miss you" right after he left and it's 5am and he never texted me back and I can't even sleep.. because he usually texts me back right away. I called his phone and it's on so its not like his phone died.

for the past few weeks I was acting kinda distant, wll just less clingy, like answering his calls less and taking longerntonteply to his texts Bc I was taking a step back for reasons. and then he started getting clingyish and calling me more, saying sorry if it took a while to respond l, liking a pic that said "clingy is nice from the right person" etc.

idk if I said something tonight to make him mad. I brought up that I found an old pic of him and laughed but I meant it in a cute way and idk if it hurt his feelings but he seemed fine. also I guess it was creepy because i stalked his friends fb to find it

I feel like something weird happened or like he just changed his mind? someone help

and ya I trust and believe he's at work

what are reasons for why he didn't. respond(?
>>
He was tired. Plain and simple.
>>
>>16650449
he's at work though.
it's been five and a half
hours. he could
have texted me back I miss you on a break that would take 10 seconds he's never not texted me back like this unless his
phone was dead or he was sleeping or something :/
>>
>>16650445
He's busy and not expecting anything from you because you should have been asleep.

It doesn't feel nice being on the receiving end of uncertainty, does it?
>>
>>16650468
no it doesn't at all. I'm not gonna do that anymore. but I had legitimate reasons to act like that and it made him act more clingy when he was kinda distant before. it really sucks, I honestly can't stay asleep:(
>>
>>16650474
Stop those stupid games NOW. are you 14? This won't work out at all...
>>
>>16650498
i know. im not gonna do it anymore no matter what.. but that's not the problem right now im really worried=/
>>
Why are you even complaining if you did it first?
>>
>>16650512
that's not why hes doing it and I had reasons I don't feel like explaining because its irrelevant
>>
>>16650445
i think you are over reacting. he is probably busy with something and forgot about the text, or he can't be bothered replying at the moment because he has other things on his mind. sometimes people will text me and i wait hours until i text back because I'm busy with something else. also the text might of not went through or something. you are over reacting to this. calm it. its probably nothing.
>>
>>16650529
where are you from? 6 figures makes a huge difference depending on your country.
>>
>>16650529
yeah maybe the text didn't go thru. sometimes when I text and I don't get a reply, its sent his reply an entire day late before or ill get old text the next day...idk I hope thts why because his phone is definitely on and I know he has it because hes had breaks by now and he would have time to get it from his car and also he would have gotten my text befre he left his car and went to work..

I feel like a psycho because I just called the place he works at and blockd my caller ID because he answers phones there and he answered and I hung up ,.. im def acting nuts right now
>>
Sweet fucking Christ. Why did you come to /adv/ if you deny our advice and only want to vent like a fucking fire.

Seriously. You're acting like a child and don't deserve a relationship if this is how you treat them. I get he's your pride and joy, but you need to fuck off, seriously.

You need to fuck off, calm down, and wait till morning you clingy fuck. It pisses me off when you argue with a place that offers the best kinda advice from multiple view points, but you disregard it like we know your life story and are still wrong.
>>
okay im totally freaking out right now.. because ive been checking his snapchat score and it went up.. which means he has used his phone and used snapchat.

so he either actually ignored my text or didn't get it or replied and I didn't get the reply he had..

if he actually ignored my text im gonna feel like shit, I guess I wont know till like another 12 hours because when he gets out of work hes sleeping all day then doing another overnight :(

this sucks I guess I just have to forget abiout it until I hear from him

I really hope he not ignoring me :( theres no excuse to use snapchat but not say I miss you too to your girlfriend:(
>>
>>16650555
this is probably why he is ignoring you. you are acting way too clingy. you are a girlfriend not his life. calm the fuck down and do something useful with your time. you shouldn't be on his mind all the time. you are a part of his life, not his life.
>>
>>16650565
I know but I don't usually act like this at all.......... like this is a rare thing

but yeah whatever, ill hear from him when I do, I guess its pointless to think about it all night. I hope it was a problem with the text going thru but whatever
>>
>>16650567
yeah but he will remember when you act like this and being obsessive isn't attractive. just wait until he texts or rings you because he will eventually and if he doesn't mention it then you should.
>>
Now you're just being clingy as shit. Give the guy his space and time.
>>
>>16650576
yeah I guess

I am being clingy and with the Facebook stalking old pics and then texting him the second he leaves my house
l can see how that's annoying I guess

I'll just wait for him to contact me and then I'll just say oh did u get my text last night btw and see whut he says I guess
>>
>>16650583
yes, do that. give him his space more often in the future too. you obviously care about him which is great.
>>
>>16650589
indeed thanks I'll just make sure I'm busy tomorrow
>>
Could be that he has someone else. You should ask one of your female friends he doesn't know to test his fidelity.
>>
>>16650445
Is it that hard to have your phone on silent?
>>
this is what happens when you buy your kids cell phones. dont fucking do it folks.
>>
Haha god damn, I miss being a teenager.
>>
>>16650445
Seriously? You ignore his calls and purposefully take longer to reply to his texts for no actual reason other than to "back off" but as soon as he is actually busy and doesn't reply to yours you freak out? Maybe he finally got your message you were trying to convey and is taking a step back finally or maybe he is getting tired that you don't reciprocate as eagerly and he's giving you a taste of your own medicine. Or maybe he died in a car crash on the way to work. Cool your tits and take some NyQuil and sleep. You'll probably get a text from him before you wake up.

I mean seriously though you're griping about him being too clingy then you're the one to send a text right after he leaves? Is this bait?
>>
>>16650445
did he get back to you yet?
>>
>>16651239
yeah. he said he didn't check his phone till 3AM becausehe was training but I don't know when he texted me bc I let me phone die but it was way after that...... but the snapchat he sent was to me I think and I think I just got it late...idk but wateve
>>
File: anna kendrick what.jpg (62 KB, 689x568) Image search: [Google]
anna kendrick what.jpg
62 KB, 689x568
>this whole thread

is this how beta females behave?
>>
>>16651326
No... Sometimes my bf doesn't text me for two full days and I worry that he hates me or is dead. I told him this and he didn't have anything to say about it. I'm pretty beta :(
>>
Holy shit just reading how much of a creep you are makes me want to kill myself, I feel sorry for your boyfriend. You should fix your shit before wasting someone's time with your insecurity.
>>
>>16651262
he seems to be ass, I think you should definitely check his phone the next time you meet him just to be sure if he was saying the truth.
>>
>>16651540
>>16650600
This.

You should check out. He could be seeing someone else.
>>
File: diary.png (311 KB, 548x826) Image search: [Google]
diary.png
311 KB, 548x826
>>
>>16651548
Stop enabling her obsessive insecure behavior. People like you are what makes girls think it's okay to question their partner's fidelity non-stop.
>>
>>16651583
>Stop disagreeing with me
Suck it up crybaby. He could be cheating, period. Men are always after new sex experiences.
>>
>>16650445
>>16650474
>>16650507

Take note 4 chaners these women can be broken, you guys that aren't getting enough attention in your relationship who "so called" tried everything in the book, what her bf did purposely or non purposely, got her scared as fuck. She can't even sleep, whether you want to believe its a game or not, bottom line is when you neglect someone you are in risk of that mf person walking away, period. It's very easy for a woman to get comfortable if you're a passive fucking clinger, but everyone has their limits. Thing is he might be actually be planning on leaving her ass, not trying to get even.
>>
>>16651663
Yes, so crying "cheater" because he didn't respond a text after she purposely backed away from him makes total sense. Insecure clingy bitches like you are the reason why men turn gay to avoid women drama.
>>
>>16650519
Given that it probably piss him off I'd say they're relavint. Why you do that?
>>
>>16651695

hey hey HEY! you're on your own buddy. lol
>>
he's not cheating he was at work lol
how would he be cheating on my when e was at work. I called his work and he answered so he was definitely there.

but he seems like he's pulling away for sure he started acting differnt last night after I made the comment about the old pic of him I found cuz I laughed and I think he got
insecure idk whatever though . and I'd didn't write >>16651399
that someone else did

he's not cheating on me it was probably nothing
>>
File: 1442969718703.jpg (14 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1442969718703.jpg
14 KB, 350x197
Here is some advice. Take a deep breath and let's do some thinking exercises. What do you believe is going on? What evidence is there to support your belief? How can you find evidence of your belief? Is your belief something you have control over? Is your belief something that will lead you to be happier?
>>
>>16652359
I don't think anything is going on anymore. he was at work and didn't check his phone. whatever I don't care, im over it, and I choose to believe him.

unless further weird things happen im not gonna over think this.

/thread
>>
>>16652379
Bitch you already lost sleep over it! That's the definition of overthinking! I know cause I keep myself awake with similar thoughts
>>
>>16652386
no shit but im fine now
>>
>>16650445
>what are reasons for why he didn't. respond(?

maybe you're menstrual?

holy fuck lady ... your boyfriend didn't text you back while he was at work, in the middle of the night, and you're in a fucking meltdown?

Jesus ... think about that for a fucking second. How mental are you?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.