[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a male born, raised and living in a smallish, artsy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1285030892610.jpg (115 KB, 849x686) Image search: [Google]
1285030892610.jpg
115 KB, 849x686
I'm a male born, raised and living in a smallish, artsy community. Being heavily dominated by females, nearly all of my friends growing up were females. My best friends, to this day, have yet to grow penises.

My last 4 girlfriends have left me over my refusal to stop being friends with all of my friends. They're sisters to me, I love them with all my heart and I'd do anything for them, but it's not romantic and I'm not fucking any of them - and anyone asking me to cut off my relationship with them is asking me to abandon my family.

How does one explain to a female they wish to have a relationship with that they do not wish to have comparable relationships with other females in their lives.
>>
Some girls are okay with a guy having almost all female friends. Others aren't. I know I'm not. You don't 'explain' anything because this is the result of feelings and emotions, which don't respond well to reason
>>
>>16648535
if someone can't understand the basic concept of having friends regardless of gender, then something is very wrong with them. i'm not sorry to say there's no different way to explain it other than literally, because if someone can't accept it regardless of how it's explained then they're definitely not worth your time
>>
>>16648535
I feel ya bro,
Honestly there is no best way to do it, hope you have a good girl and explain it to her fairly early on I usually go with "okay so you gotta know that when you're meeting my friends they're pretty much exclusively girls, but I'm not going out with them, it's you that I wanted and besides you'll all get in great I'm sure."
>>
>>16648535

.....*you'll all get ON great
>>
>>16648560

Was afraid of that... Appreciate the candor.

>>16648548

Not sure I'd go that far. I thought all 4 of them were wonderful people, though I was still getting to know them.

(Story time: And for one of them at least, I can't even blame her. Longtime friend of mine caught an early flight back from Italy, found out her new apartment was being fumigated and let herself into my place for the night. Girlfriend walks in and finds her sleeping on my bed. Of course, friend knows my place is her place, she's always welcome - if anything, I'd be pissed if I found out she slept in her car for the night rather than letting herself into my place... Really can't blame the girlfriend for not seeing it that way.)

>>16648542

It's almost funny how quickly a really sweet girl can go full bitch mode when she so much as sees you know another females name... Maybe one day.
>>
>>16648611
Yeah, based on that story, her reaction was pretty reasonable. Unless your girlfriend was formerly one of your friends, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a girl who's okay with your friends. It becomes a situation where she has to not only trust you, but also your friends. That takes time, and I don't know how you'd get that time if she didn't know you well previously.
>>
>>16648535

Your friends who are girls probably make you more femme and your girlfriends don't like it. Look at the pic you posted for fuck's sake. Definitely flirting with gender, and most women want to date men.
>>
>>16648611
Yeah okay, fair enough that story explains a little.....
It's happens to me a lot as well my friend, being ace means my friends are treated pretty similar to anyone I'm going out with, so jealously can run a little rampant sometimes....
>>
>>16648623

You know... most of my friends are reasonably attractive, really nice girls... who I've already seen entirely too much of to ever be romantically involved with.

Ah well.
>>
>>16648640
Yeah, I really don't know what to tell you. There are girls out there who would be absolutely fine with it, but I do think they'd be in the minority. I don't know how useful me saying this is, but it's less of a jealousy thing like >>16648639 suggests and more of a trust thing, like I said in my previous post.
>>
>>16648648

Fair enough. Maybe I need a religious girl, hope for some of that blind faith off the bat.
>>
>>16648648
Yeah I may have focused a little on jealousy, the relationship really needs a sense of trust....
>>
You probably know this already, but remember that relationship aren't just about sexual exclusivity, but emotional exclusivity too.

Your partner wants to feel like she's #1 in your life, that she's your most important and best friend of them all.
>>
>>16648542
>Some girls are okay with a guy having almost all female friends. Others aren't. I know I'm not.
Not OP
But I can't make friends with guys.
My only friends are female. :(
I don't know how to make dick jokes.
>>
>>16648698
I'm mostly the same there are some lads im friends with but not as close as I am with the girls but don't worry, if you do wonder about being friends with lads it's not all dick jokes (in fact I make more dick jokes with the girls)
>>
>>16648535

You have every right to shun someone who would try to dictate who you can and can't be close friends with.

That said, you might want to put serious thought into what extent this is doing more harm than good for you in the long run.
>>
>>16648535
Step 1: get her to understand the friend zone
(She should have figured it out that you weren't interested in them when you considered them family. Thats the ultimate friendzone)
Step 2: ???
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.