[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 20151220_173932.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151220_173932.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>Be 24 yo grill, will be 25 in june
>Just graduated and have well-paid job
>Depressed because of age
>First bf at 22
>Basically did everything too late
>Now single
>The only places where i meet guys are clubs
>Probably gonna soon be too old for clubs
>The only thought that comforts me is that i could always kill myself next year

How do I stop being scared of my own age ?
>>
>Basically did everything too late

Never it's too late to do things, just do what you want. Maybe you look younger, and if you look older, fuck it, do things anyway
>>
>The only places where i meet guys are clubs
Meet at different places
>>
>>16648194
Older anon here. I turn 40 next year. I have more freedom and opportunities made available to me at this point in my life than I ever had. Femanon OP, you are at the cusp of the beginning of true growth and freedom. It's scary as fuck, I know. But it's your life. Own it. Love it. Explore it from the shitholes like 4chan to the glories of traveling abroad and filling that void with experiences that fulfill you for years to come.

It's OK to be afraid. Just don't let being afraid make you become stagnant
>>
You can meet guys outside of clubs. Life doesn't suddenly end the moment you hit your mid 20s.
>>
lots of young guy's are into milfs, so it's not the end of the world
>>
>>16648369

>Femanon OP, you are at the cusp of the beginning of true growth and freedom.

lewl
>>
>>16648194

you are rotting like a past date carton of milk- better find some sucker to buy the cow, and ignore the free milk, and do it FAST!
>>
>>16648194

If your job isn't a place where you could potentially meet someone, get a hobby of some kind where you'll meet people. It's a numbers game for most people, keep meeting more people and eventually you'll hit it off with someone. Will the relationship last? Alot more unknowable, but that's life, gotta put yourself out there and try.
>>
>>16648194

Same age, same situation, except that I'm a guy. Pretty much decided to just focus on my career for now and hopefully one day bump into someone. Guess what helps most is knowing I have plenty of immature friends who probably wont settle down for a long time.
>>
You have three more years before you will start givinf birth to autistic mutants. If you want kids make hay while the sun is shining.
>>
>>16648420

stop and use your head anon

why do you want your 30 year old used goods friends when you are 30?

If you've done well enough with your career, meet some 20 year old and have some fun

Better work hard anon.
>>
>>16648194
Think about it this way:

No matter what age you are, you are doomed to die.
>>
>>16648460

I don't really understand whether you are encouraging me or discouraging me with that post. But either way, I'm not just pursuing a career for money and status. I'm doing something that I think will be good for the world and something that I find very interesting. So it certainly doesn't feel like I' m wasting my time on some type of second-tier activity.
>>
>>16648485

encouraging you.

It's ok anon. Not everyone has what they're gonna do figured out at a young age- when I was 25, I was stripping cars and selling transmissions and eating beans.

10 years later, I've transcended rich- I'm wealthy.

If you work hard, you can do well for yourself.

If you work hard, and are smart, you can do great for yourself.
>>
>>16648490
>wealthy
>on 4chan
lies like that won't get her to sleep with you.
>>
>>16648490

Glad it worked out for you. And thanks for the encouragement.
>>
I am in a similar situation and same sort of age but not afraid to try things. I would take you on a date so long as you were upbeat and not sad because you're very pretty
>>
Same deal 25 year old guy. Tired of being single, Did online dating. Lined up something really cool. Really hit it off. Date in few days and our personalities really mesh, even on phone. Already cut like 5 girls who didn't make me happy so I know if this fails I'll just do another batch. Life's not bad. Sure we're passing that prime whatevs Cheer up.
>>
>>16648606
OP here. I never really liked the concept of online dating. It seems so forced to me..
>>
Funny thing is- when you get older you'll look back at 25 and be like...

GOD I WAS SO YOUNG, I SHOULD'VE DONE XYZ T_T

Stop sweating it.
Don't be a dirtbag.
Make money.
Find a fun dude.
>>
>>16648936
You are right Anon. You gave mo some perspective, thanks.
>>
Try not to think about it OP, it's a game you can't win and it will drive you crazy if you focus on it too hardcore.

Take care of your body. You can't stop aging, but if you start working out now, you will establish healthy habits that will last a lifetime and keep you active.

Have fun, rejoice. You don't know it, but you are young..go see the world, learn a new skill, make friends. People of any age are most attractive when they like themselves and like what they are doing.

And if all this fails to make you feel better, just remember, anti aging technology will probably become available during your lifetime.
>>
I'm a 32yo guy. Didn't even start dating until I was nearly 27, but I gotta say it's a lot easier to meet people now than when I was 21.

There's no right way to make friends or get dates. I met my current girlfriend at the funeral reception for my young cousin who killed himself in a fiery car crash. And holy fuck clubs are for the birds. It's like the IRL version of Craigslist.
>>
39 here. At 25 your life is barely starting. Nothing stops you from going to clubs, in fact plenty of people in their 30s do. And there are plenty of quality singles aged 25-40. Naturally, ignore what the teenagers tell you about age.

I've been single most of my life, and I can tell you my life has been far better in my 30s than in my 20s. I have many new opportunities I never had when younger, and I now have money to spend however I want.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.