[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 261x158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 261x158
earlier this morning i ate some pizza and im pretty damn sure i got food poisoning from it. however, it's gotten to the point where i still feel sick after throwing up about 4 times and i cannot keep any food down. do i need to go to a hospital?
>>
>>16643365
forgot to mention, the pic is unrelated lol
>>
>>16643365

Do you have any other symptoms? Fever? Cold sweats? Lethargy? Are you just vomiting or are you going to the toilet a lot as well?

Just try to keep food consumption to minimum for now, drink lots of water and if you have to eat..avoid dairy and eat 'dry foods' like toast or crackers.
>>
>>16643403
id say lethargy is a symptom too. im only vomiting at this point, and the water feels good to drink but my stomach doesn't seem to like it that much lol.
>>
thats what food poisoning does

dont eat for a day, drink water or something like a green/herbal tea.

you are going to keep vomitting and passing water, you need to stay hydrated.

As you start to feel better eat bland food like bread, biscuits and crackers, like this guy says >>16643403
>>
>>16643416
thank you. should it only last for about 24 hours?
>>
>>16643419
Yep typically. If it lasts more than 48 it's time to call your doctor. Do your best to stay hydrated by sipping water and:or Gatorade
>>
If you can get some pedialyte and keep it down you'll probably be okay. Probably.

If you can't keep fluids down you should probably go to a hospital.

If things get worse go to a hospital.
>>
>>16643584
>>16643618
thank you both! i had food poisoning once before and it wasn't as bad as this so I got worried pretty quick... about 13 more hours of this pure hell, then.
>>
I had food poisoning right before Christmas. I think I got it from eating raw cookie dough (fucking fuck fuck you body) for the cookies I was making for work.

It spiraled out of control when I was at work and I couldn't even keep water down, and I went home early.

Just relax, try to eat some bland food (I'm a fucking vegetarian and all I wanted was some chicken fucking soup) but I was eating chex mix and gatorade

If after 24 hours you're still puking up even water I'd go to the ER
>>
>>16643694
sorry about your christmas! and ill keep all of that in mind, thank you!
>>
Also I kind of doubt it was the pizza if you ate it this morning. Usually food poisoning takes a minute to present. (Like a day or even more)

I may not have even gotten it from the dough myself, but it makes sense I guess. I still was kind of ugh when I was finishing those cookies looking at the dough though after I recovered.
>>
quick question, is rolaid a helpful solution for food poisoning or nah?
>>
>>16643704
Actually for future reference buddeh, preformed toxin food poisoning has onset within hours, but bacterial infection can range anywhere from 6-8 hours to a whole day or somesuch thing. And finally there's the enterovirus family to contend with. Anyway it's never a sure thing is my point. Since OP is vomiting though it's most likely a virus. Could be other stuff tho.
>>
>>16643704
after i finished eating it at like, 2am, I got watery stool and nausea (that progressively got worse but the stool symptom left eventually). ive been sick since then (its amidst 4pm now).
>>
>>16643714
You know this is interesting. I was trying to get my bio major friend to explain some of this shit to me but she was just like "lol you dumb vegetarian you got samonella from eggs"

>>16643715
Oh when you said morning I guess I was thinking more like 10 am.

That makes more sense
>>
>>16643726
lol oh you kids
>>
>>16643365
Feeling any better yet?
>>
>>16644228
more or less! im having trouble staying asleep but ive just been resting and sipping water.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.