[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-existental dating life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: o99.jpg (45 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
o99.jpg
45 KB, 500x333
I got no dating life what so ever and I don't see the situation improving itself. The fact is that I'm getting older and therefore losing my looks as the years come by. I'm not really being approached now and I don't see guys doing that when I get older and saggier and what not.

I broke up almost a year ago, but I still miss my ex and think about him daily. I decided to step out of the dating game until I'm fully recovered, and since the breakup I've just dedicated to improving myself.

I'm just afraid that I'll never meet anyone who'd compare to him. Not that he was a 7'0 astronaut with a dick made out of chocolate, but I really loved him from the bottom of my heart. I don't know if I can love anyone else like that. Honestly, I don't wanna and I don't believe that I could find someone who'd compare to that feeling.

I've accepted that it's over and I know that it's probably for the best, but I still just can't think about falling for someone else. And as mentioned in the beginning, I never meet any new guys. There are no interesting ones at the uni, and my life spins around library and gym only. I spend time with my friends too, but the truth is that you don't just randomly get to know some people you have nothing in common with. If it wasn't for Tinder, I wouldn't even had any dating life, ever.

I don't know why men generally doesn't seem to be too interested. For most women it seems to happen so naturally and boyfriends falls into their lap one after another. I'm not ugly, but that's just not happening for me.

I just feel like that it will never happen. I'm 23 and I have never been in a real, actual relationship. (I've dated twice for few months but it wasn't that serious.)

My self-esteem is pretty good. I consider myself as a pretty, athletic and rather smart person. I'm not cocky, but let's just say that I feel pretty confident being me. Still, the fact that men doesn't like me per se makes me feel a bit sad.
>>
>there are no interesting guys at my uni
I'm a bit skeptical about that. How big is your university?
>>
>>16642571
>My self-esteem is pretty good. I consider myself as a pretty, athletic and rather smart person. I'm not cocky, but let's just say that I feel pretty confident being me. Still, the fact that men doesn't like me per se makes me feel a bit sad.
This sounds familiar. Do you smile a lot?
>>
Why are you worried about meeting other people when you're so hung up on your ex?

Really the trick to getting into a relationship is to take care of yourself and go out and socialize. That plus time and you'll meet someone. But it seems like you have shit to deal with before you go out looking for someone.
>>
23? That's nothing.

I thought you were 39 by the way that you write. Your life is not as bad as you make it sound.
>>
>>16642586
Well it's not that big actually. And we only socialize with people in my "class group," which is like 100 people, over half of them women. There's really no one there. Student life is pretty lame in this city. I've been to few student parties, but I wasn't too into it. I don't like drinking really or the company of people who are drunk. It's not like I was some autist, not at all, but I just don't like the noice and chaos anymore. I've had my fair share of parties like that already.

>>16642607
>Why are you worried about meeting other people when you're so hung up on your ex?
Not sure if I am. I'm just worried that I'll never like anyone like I liked him. And the feeling isn't going away unless I actually did fall for someone else.

And if we pretend that I was still hung up on him, how could I deal with it? I'm not in any contact with him, I have blocked him and thrown away anything that reminds me of him, but he's still on my mind, more or less. I'm not heartbroken over it anymore, but I still think about him. I just don't know what else I could do. We broke up last spring/summer and I haven't seen him in months, nor talked with him.

>Really the trick to getting into a relationship is to take care of yourself and go out and socialize
I'm really taking care of myself and I mainly dealt with the brokeup by running and lifting weights. And I socialize, but it's not easy to socialize with new people when you are adult. Other than school, there's really no natural ways to interact with new people who you don't know.

>>16642615
Yeah I know and I'm not sweating about it too much, but everyone needs some love and approval from the opposite sex. And honestly speaking, I've never gotten it really. I'm 23 now, but what are the odds that the situation would get better from here? As I get older, people my age will settle down and get married and I'm left with what, older divorced men and teenager boys?
>>
>>16642571
First thing first, you are 23 not 43. Get that whole saggy mind set out far away and put a bullet in its head because that will hold you back. Second, at 23, you dont need to be in serious shit. You just need to date around and when you find the dude, everything will fall in place as far as love. You got plenty of time later to be in serious shut. Right now, your a young chick and you should be having fun until you tire down which is years from now. Maybe you just need to unwinde and not seem so needy. It seems like you are needy.
>>
And really, as time goes by and I don't really have any positive experiences, I find it hard to imagine that no one would ever see me as dating material in the future either.
>>
>>16642654
>You got plenty of time later to be in serious shut.
Well the point kinda was that I don't have any dating life what so ever. No serious or unserious one. I don't know any interesting men and guys aren't approaching me. Unless I really put effort to it (with other words, use Tinder like no tomorrow and run on dates), there's no activity on that field what so ever. I don't use Tinder anymore cause I took a break from all dating, but it just really means that I'm in no contact with guys who aren't my friends. (My friends are gays, not some friend zoned dudes.)

But you are probably right, maybe I have seemed too needy in the past. So how do I solve this? Should I really stop paying any attention on any men and really just wait for them to find their way to me? Or what would you suggest?
>>
>>16642694
Me as a dude, i have no dating life either but because I choose not to because my current situation. Im in no position give you concrete advice. I just made an observation. What I did back then is look good but not give two fucks about anything. I usually let shit happen randomly. You also seem to put high priority in guys which comes off despreate. What you may want to do is just take a look at your past, decide what you do want in a relationship and not focus on what you dont want. Keep putting yourself out there, find somewhere where you can participate in a group with your similar interest. Sometimes, dudes are more shy than girls. Just try to break the ice a bit. Be that chick that makes everyones faces light up when you enter. A girl with a great personality is a plus.Thats what i suggest. Try it and if it doesnt work, do a different variation but never sacrifice your self. One more thing, I never put a chick on a pedastool and you should never put a dude on one either.
>>
>>16642571
>I broke up almost a year ago, but I still miss my ex
>I have never been in a real, actual relationship.
I read your post twice OP and...am I missing something here? These two lines seem to contradict each other.
>>
>>16642571

>im not ugly

prove it?

>im giving up though no one seems to like me even though im the total package

sounds like you might think too highly of yourself. iether way, are you comfortable being single? if so, be single. wait til someone does light your heart on fire. there is no point in dating for the sake of dating.
>>
>>16642895
Well we weren't officially together. We were seeing each others, but I figured that referring to him as ex is the best way to put it. Or at least the shortest.

>>16642910
I've always been single. I got no issue with that, it's the feeling that no one is interested in me and it grows stronger as I get older.

Maytbe I am ugly then but I don't see it myself. Either way, how do I deal with the fact that for some reason no one just sees me as girlfriend material? It just makes me feel like that there must be something wrong about me.

It's just so obvious, cause literally no man shows any interest on me.
>>
>>16642926

>how do i deal with the fact
>something must be wrong with me

find out why, and fix it? i mean how much do you really 'go out'. have you tried being the aggressor? seriously post a picture of you so we know
>>
>>16642932
I'm happy with myself. I have friends, hobbies and future plans. I don't feel like changing myself so that I'd please someone who I don't even know. I'm not fat or odd looking, so the typical turn offs doesn't apply on me.

I don't go out really. I don't enjoy partying or drinking alcohol.
>>
>The fact is that I'm getting older and therefore losing my looks as the years come by.
>I'm 23

pls stop being dramatic. You're young, and I know you'll find a guy soon. Focus on improving yourself, like you already have been, and he'll come around when you least expect it. That's what always happens.
>>
>>16642962
I've lived in 3 different countries in the last 5 years, I've lived in 4 different cities, I've went to uni, I've had hobbies, I been out partying and socializing. And I have never met anyone.

So it's fair to say that it's not going to happen in the future either. I used to think that everyone finds someone accidentally, but apparently not.
>>
>>16642975
>accidentally
I've had this mentality that I'd be up for a partner if I ran into someone good for 5 years and even at the start I knew it wasn't going to land me anything. It still hasn't landed me anything.
>>
File: 1401616437382.jpg (50 KB, 797x621) Image search: [Google]
1401616437382.jpg
50 KB, 797x621
>>16642571
Seriously what the actual fuck are you me? I feel exactly the same except that I'm a dude without any self-esteem.

Bumping that
>>
Maybe you should stop sitting on your ass waiting for a pretty boy to talk to you and make things fucking happen.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.