[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does it mean when I tell a girl I've been dating that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: stock.jpg (186 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
stock.jpg
186 KB, 550x367
what does it mean when I tell a girl I've been dating that I love her?

It's the first time I've ever actually said that to a girl. It kinda came out on accident, then she asked if I really meant it so I said yes. Now we say it all the time to each other.

We've only been dating for barely a month. At what point do you tell a person you love them?
>>
When you feel like you love them, dickhead.
>>
>>16642268

>barely a month
>love

its called infatuation, come back in a few years(if you manage to keep with her) and ask again
>>
>>16642268
>so I said yes

But...did you mean it?
>>
>>16642309
This is a trap, he has to say yes.

He said it spontaneously in the moment, and in that moment, he meant it.
>>
>>16642309
y-y-yes...
>>
>>16642289
but who dates a girl for years without saying "i love you"?
>>
>>16642268
After like 20 years of boring marriage I think it's safe and appropriate to say it.
>>
>>16642268
>what does it mean when I tell a girl I've been dating [for one month] that I love her?

From a hormonal/neural perspective you're just entering the Intens Romantic Love Phase which basically is the bonding phase. It generally lasts for 12-24 months before making way to the more long-term and dependant phase(cant remember the name).
Basically you mistook a mad crush for love

>At what point do you tell a person you love them?
The optimal time to tell somone you love them can vary alot from individuals, relationships and culture. But should not be done before 6 months
>>
Honestly, I don't think it means a god damned thing. Love is shown by actions. If you guys love each other you'd know it by now.
>>
>>16642576
>But should not be done before 6 months
so what do you say before the 6 month mark?

"i really, really like you"?
>>
>>16642289

>You cant love someone after knowing them for a month

>But you can after 3/5/7/9 months, because reasons

How can you place such strict rules on such an abstract and intangible concept like love?

Thats like telling someone they're not allowed to enjoy doing something until they've done it exactly 6 times because "Thats the proper amount of times"
>>
>>16643764
I guess people that say this are thinking that you "love" what you've got to know about that person in one month, but that this isn't enough time to really know enough about them, to have seen all sides of them, to love everything about them.

I reckon that some people you probably could get to know completely within a month. Others you might never know in a whole lifetime.
Does that make loving them impossible? No.
>>
>>16644176

I'd say love is just intense feelings past a purely physical attraction. Nothing else to it

And that you could easily get within a month.

Its one of those things thats just, when you know you know. And just because other people think you have to play games and date each other without commiting properly for months before saying I love you doesnt mean everyone does

I know tons of people that married their high school sweetheart, the first person they ever got with

I can gurantee you they loved them within a month, even if they wont admit it
>>
Girl: I like how you make me feel and my vag.
Boy: I like how you make me feel and my beaner.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.