[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dropping Out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
So, I'm seriously considering dropping out of high school. Currently in 12th grade, and yes, I am 18. Since around 6th grade I really haven't had any motivation to do any work and I don't have any serious goals for my future. I don't see why I should go to college since I'll never do anything.
I've had a minimum wage job before and I don't mind the work. I'd probably try to find a place that belongs to someone else & pay partial rent. I don't really feel that I need a lot to be happy.
But there are some problems. Poverty is much more common in dropouts, apparently. I also know I would have no support from my family at all, which would be funny since none of them have graduated. My mother, who I sole live with, will probably immediately kick me out if I drop out, but I do have other family members who'll take me in for a month or two.
So, should I drop out? I know I'd be happier at first, and a GEDs is an option for later in life. And like I said, I have ZERO motivation for school. What do?
>>
Finish anyway. Your motivation level is irrelevant.
>>
>>16641912
Maybe I should rephrase. I really don't care enough to do it. I can't find enough reason to do it. In fact, doing it almost feels me with a sense of dread. Is dropping out really as bad as they say it is?
>>
I dropped out almost a year ago, and my life has just gone downhill. I worked a minimum wage job for a couple months, then left because they didn't give me any hours. I've been job hunting for like 3 months and still haven't found anything. My family always says that I'll never amount to anything because I didn't finish high school. I still have the choice to go back to school, but I'm not going back. I'm taking my ged this week and I'm going to seriously look for a new job. I would say dropping out was a bad idea, but I don't regret it.
>>
File: alicemain_LargeWide.jpg (47 KB, 617x347) Image search: [Google]
alicemain_LargeWide.jpg
47 KB, 617x347
>>16641921
Dropping out is a catastrophe reserved for ghettoheads.
>>
File: 253.jpg (342 KB, 1260x1782) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
342 KB, 1260x1782
Just graduate you have like 4 months left probably then be a loser after
>>
>>16641976
I'm not racist, but seriously, dropping out of high school is what little gang-banging n-words do. Not white boys with a little depression.
>>
File: 1380232058616.jpg (24 KB, 243x270) Image search: [Google]
1380232058616.jpg
24 KB, 243x270
Wait a couple months child, then it will be socially acceptable for you to be a loser.
>>
Here's the truth about dropping out:

If you get your GED, it basically won't affect your future other than you won't be getting any out of highschool scholarships (that you weren't going to get anyway).

If you don't get your GED, then you're limited yourself for the future (i.e. no college).

If you plan to work a trade, then you'll probably be fine with just a GED but some trades do require a little higher education.

Beyond that, dropping out means that you probably lack the conviction and discipline to actually get anything done. If you're someone who is highly motivated and has a plan post-highschool that doesn't require that you get anything beyond your GED, you might be fine. But if you're dropping out just because you're lazy, you're going to be fucked in life no matter. I suggest you grow a spine in that case.

tl;dr Dropping out will not ruin your life, but your laziness will. Dropping out will, however, affect your college/university career but not much. You'll need a GED to do basically anything either way, so get that if you decide to drop out.
>>
File: 05spvG5.png (12 KB, 485x312) Image search: [Google]
05spvG5.png
12 KB, 485x312
Almost didn't graduate last year. Fucked around too much, did my fair share of drugs and parties. Trust anon you'll regret it. This is your last semester of being free of 'adult' responsibilities enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
I was wanting to drop out because I didn't like school either, but you're basically almost graduating, and it'll look weird for people if you don't have a diploma. If you're also dropping out with nothing planned like GED or trade, setting yourself up for disaster. You do have to think about the future though. Unlikely you'll get a good job unless you're really skilled or good at your current job but most likely they'll always give the position to someone with a diploma instead.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.