[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chances of infection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1448795990638.jpg (54 KB, 550x399) Image search: [Google]
1448795990638.jpg
54 KB, 550x399
so i messed up,
i received bareback oral sex from a girl at a party, i was later informed she lives with and shares iv drugs with her HIV positive room mate.

i was fucking terrified after i found out (a month or two later) and went and got tested 2-3 months after.

the test result was negative and i was ecstatic when i first found out but im worried now that i didnt wait long enough between testing and/or accounting for false negative readings.

so my question is, what is the chance of infection from insertive unprotected oral (i ejeculated also)?

help guys im freaking out.
>>
unless you both had a bleeding cut in the area in question its pretty low/impossible.
just get tested again.
>>
>>16641825
The Chance she has HIV is around 60% I would say, the chance to get it from receiving oralsex is 0,04%. HIV test are pretty accurate after 3 months. Mate it is more likely that you have brain cancer so chill the fuck out.
>>
>>16641830
no cuts or bleeding at all, i plan to get tested again but i literally cannot sleep / eat. im tired all the time and am at risk of loosing my job.
>>
>>16641831
yeah but thats still 0.04 and thats what worries me.
>>
>>16641838
Read this.... >>16641831
Now chill.

The chance of HIV, female to male via oral is fuck all. You'll be fine but get tested every four weeks until either you run out of money or believe the stats.
>>
>>16641841
Maybe you should get an MRI for brain cancer too, just to be sure.
>>
>>16641841
You are taking risks bigger than that with pretty much everything
>>
>>16641845
would 2.5 - 3 months be long enough for modern tests?
i read online that gen 4 HIV tests can detect in 12 days
>>
>>16641841
IT IS NOT 0,04! After 2-3month this tests are like 98% accurate, so we add 2% to our formula.
0,60x0,004x0,02=0,000048
0,0048% that is the chance you have HIV and only after we assume a 60% chance that she has it. 0,0048% that is nothing, you are more likely to die of a billion other things+HIV isn´t even deadly this days. SO CHILL THE FUCK OUT!
>>
>>16641855
shameless bump for confirmation?
>>
>>16641872
Yes that is by far long enough after 3 moth they are nearly on 100% 2-3 they are already like 98-99% I did the math for you>>16641856
SO CHILL OUT!
>>
>>16641878
>>16641878
thanks man, or woman, or in between, id give you a bareback bj to repay you but the last thing i need is the stress of more testing.

what are the chances of test indication at 2 months?
>>
>>16641878
also im pretty certain she has it, im not sure how much that effects the odds.
>>
>>16641880
That is hard to say but when you get tested they run multiple tests in the lab so I would go with 99%. YOU ARE SAVE, now buy some condoms and get yourself some grills.
>>16641886
Not much still far lower than 0,01%, You got tested after a reasonable amount of time, you don´t have it.
>>
>>16641895
im gonna get tested again i think but you guys have seriously helped, even though i suspect it was only actually 2 people replying, thank you so much.
>>
>>16641901
Even if the odds are very low, it is better to get tested again, but don´t stress yourself.
If everyone would be as responsible as you we would have exterminated this desses by now.
No problem and don´t worry to much.
>>
Everyone here is lying. You actually have HIV. The chances to get HIV from oral is very high. You also are very sexy. Is that what you wanted to hear? Lmao
>>
>>16641910
its the waiting thats the killer, im having a hard time concentrating on absolutely anything other than it.
>>
>>16641916
that is literally the exact opposite of what i want to hear.
>>
>>16641920
You just have to realize that it is more likely that you have a brain tumor.
You already got tested you are like 99,99% save, so just chill.
On top of that it is a desses you can live with, so even if you are positiv it wouldn´t be the end of the world.
Distract yourself, the waiting sucks I know.
>>
>>16641926
Then stop worrying yourself and get some rest/food.
>>
thanks guys, the worst part is i literally cant remember when it was that it happened. so i cant accurately gauge the time distance from testing.
>>
>>16641946
It would be much worse if you had bareback sex with 20 different gay dudes. You have nothing to worry about if HIV was that transmitable we would all have it and now chill.
>>
i actually read a thing online lately on an australian government website that said hiv infection through insertive oral was impossible
>>
>>16641957
any validity to this?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.