[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UTI?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1451247489232.jpg (11 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1451247489232.jpg
11 KB, 195x195
I was having sex with my boyfriend for the first time in months. I got on top of him so it would be deeper but as soon as it did I felt a stinging pain in my right abdominal area. I tried to go slower to see if I could tell what exact movement caused it but the pain just seemed to move around the right area as I did.

The next day, I've had the pain on the right side of my abdominal area when I do certain movements and it won't go away. Only thing that comes to mind is UTI but I haven't had any more accompanying symptoms.

Help?
>>
You have insurance? what about a doctor? Has this ever been felt before?
>>
>>16641703

It does sound like a uti. Hope you have insurance.
>>
>>16641713
I have. But it has gone away.

>>16641718

Can this be treated at home? There are barely any doctors left in my area and I can't afford to miss work right now.
>>
>>16641742

>Can this be treated at home?

Yes, if you can manage to get your hands on at least twelve 500 mg ciprofloxacin derivative pills.

All the old wives tales about cranberry juice and such are fake. Your issue will develop into a bladder infection then it will attack your kidneys if you don't get antibiotics.
>>
>>16641762
:(
Ah well that kinda sucks. They'll most probably send me to take some tests to then give me the meds which would be like 3 days out from work seeing how things work here now. Is there a way I can get a test done that I can take to the doctor so I don't have to make 2 separate appointments?
>>
File: 5220270007_e50290cd63_b.jpg (271 KB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
5220270007_e50290cd63_b.jpg
271 KB, 1024x769
Drink lots of cranberry juice.
>>
Step 1: dont take advice about serious medical issues from 4chan
Step 2: see a doctor
>>
>>16641789

I don't know anything about how healthcare works where you live.

Here in the US they would have you pee in a cup then wait 25 minutes or so. If it comes back that you have a certain enzyme in your urine they will then prescribe cipro and send you on your merry way. You, being a good little compliant patient would follow the directions given by the pharmacist and finish your medication even after the pain in your side stops.

One more reminder - you are going to lose your kidneys if you don't get medical attention.
>>
>>16641703
Maybe you bumped an ovary or bruised your cervix.
>>
>>16641807

One more disclaimer - I'm not telling you that you definitely have a uti and you should steal some antibiotics, I'm telling you to go to urgent care/ED/whatever.
>>
File: StHelenasLeafySepals8870.jpg (48 KB, 750x562) Image search: [Google]
StHelenasLeafySepals8870.jpg
48 KB, 750x562
>>16641792
It's not a serious medical issue, it's a twinge of pain.
>>
>>16641807
I have to make an appointment with a doctor that will take me in soon (as there aren't many doctors here so many appointments are a month from now). Once I get to see him I need to get a referral for a lab test, I can go the same day if I managed to get an early spot at the doctors otherwise the lab will be closed. After that I need to make another appointment to get them read by the doctor and he can give me some meds. I wish it was like you said here though seems pretty simple and easy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.