[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
since i graduated high school my life has been a giant, dull
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 0013729e4abe0f2448d030.jpg (37 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
0013729e4abe0f2448d030.jpg
37 KB, 600x399
since i graduated high school my life has been a giant, dull mess. It's coming up on about 1 year since i graduated and nothing has gotten better, besides having more money. recently my mental state has been out of wack and I don't know how much more I can take. None of my friends know and I had the chance (2am, backyard, drunk, spilling feelings) but i was too much of a coward to talk about any of my problems so I said I was fine. I don't know what to do anymore. The only good news i've gotten recently was that I passed 3/4 of my college courses. What can I do to stop this never-ending migraine besides putting a fucking bullet in my head?
>>
I feel kind of similar. Life became both boring and overwhelming when I graduated high school.
My solution is to join the military, so I'm being told what to do the next four years while I figure life out and discover who I am.
>>
>>16641630
>more money
>friends
get your money and friends and travel around the world a bit. heaps of people do that at your age. if you cant afford a big round world trip just go to like japan or america or just somewhere quite culturally different that interests you, and maybe work there if you can. just have some fun and get out there.
>>
>>16641635
i heavily considered joining the military, but i'm not really strong nor "military" material, so i decided against it. still considering the navy though.

>>16641640
definitely have considered it, only thing is my car is a piece of shit and I'm still living with my mom and step dad, and I would like to move out ASAP. I don't want to waste my money but one of the main problems is being stuck in this town and a trip to japan or europe would be AMAZING. Also my friends are super broke, they work but they're in a band so they spend all their money on band equipment. I am actually considering just going to japan and trying to meet some cute girl there because i've had 0 luck where I live. Maybe i'm just bad with women anywhere I go, but japanese girls are super cute and I'd like to try my luck lol
>>
>>16641630
Similar situation here, ever since I left high school my life has been a pile of trash
Literally 0 joy
The only thing that's kept me going is powerlifting, it's given me something to focus on and improve at
the distraction only lasts for so long though. Really don't know what to do and I don't want to go on like this much longer.
>>
>>16641674
i signed up for a gym that was giving promotions at my work but apparently they don't open for a few more months. I was hoping it would help distract me from how alone and bored with everything I am.
>>
>>16641630

When you graduate from high school you no longer feel like you're going through life on a conveyor belt. Previously parents, teachers, peers, and the education system ushered you from one tier to the next, and your whole life ordered around those things.

Now you're out in the world with no clear direction, free to do everything but knowing nothing, and mostly afraid. A lot of people retreat into themselves and become depressed as a result. It's normal.
>>
>>16641648
I have a friend who's going to live in korea for a bit, he just left and i think it really gives some focus to life
Learn a bit of Japanese for a while at like night classes maybe, to give you a goal and then just fly over there, work for a bit maybe, and meet chicks and just explore
Living in a small town can be fucking miserable just get the fuck out and hey if you like it enough, stay
>>
>>16641685
It will, but only if you actually enjoy it and only for so long
It'a not a permanent fix that's for sure
>>
>>16641690
sounds pretty accurate. I want to avoid that.

>>16641692
Korea looks pretty nice too. I agree. Yeah, living in a small town is the fucking worst. The kind of worst where the guy you hated growing up is with the girl you really like. I want to get out. I am gonna look into this more for sure, thank you. i wonder if korea is cheaper than japan to live? for a few months anyway
>>
>>16641706
Hey man yeah I totally agree. And yeah I think he might have mentioned that cheaper was one of the reasons why. I'm really glad to have helped, good luck
>>
as far as temporary solutions go, what do you guys do? is meditation / yoga / saunas any help?

in highschool once i got one of those asian massages and it felt amazing (albiet a bit awkward)
>>
>>16641648

>but i'm not really strong nor "military" material

90% of the military are manlets, fyi.

If you're one of those kids who slept through high school then realized he wasn't good at anything the military is perfect for you. You just get paid for hanging out while doing some stupidly easy job and working out.
>>
>>16641722
Okay this isn't for everyone but a routine of Bikram yoga/lifting really helped me
It made me feel positive psychologically while also giving me something to do, and making me really fit therefore increasing self confidence
>>
>>16641747
i'm actually not though. my IQ test was pretty high and I passed all my classes with A's and B's. Only weak point is math but i've been told I'm a fantastic writer and that I should pursue writing. been in AP english since freshman year of highschool. I'm more artsy than math / science smart, but I don't think i'm military material.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.