[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can friends "go out" or is it more a dating/relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: 1451846134829.jpg (133 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1451846134829.jpg
133 KB, 960x640
Can friends "go out" or is it more a dating/relationship thing?
>>
They can. I've shared totally platonic evenings with women.
>>
>>16639789

You can go hang out, but buying someone dinner and doing romantic things implies something a lot more.

I have also hung out platonically with women, but "going out" is a different thing.
>>
>>16639789
Like invite a friend to dinner? Sure? Why the fuck not?
>>
What connotations does going out have?
>>
>>16639789
As long as everyone knows up front... Why the fuck not.

I've went out for beers/meals with a girl 1 on 1. We both worked together and knew nothing was going to happen, split the check 50/50 and that was that... Sure I wanted to fuck her the whole time, but i knew nothing would end up happening so yeah...

It isn't something I'd make a habit of(because I'm cheap as fuck), but here or there why not.
>>
>>16639789
Friends can definitely go out! I've done it a million times with my some of my guy best friends. Grabbing lunch, ice cream, movies, and pretty much where ever you can think of. All of it platonic. However after I got into my most recent relationship, I've been forbidden to even talk to them... let alone seeing them in person. :(
>>
>>16640898
Wat, that's terrible
>>
>>16639789
Not if you have a jealous bf who is trying to mark his territory.
>>
>>16640898
>abusive boyfriend alert
>>
>>16640984
Truth. All girls and gays are welcome! :D
>>
>>16641004
I can pretend to be gay so we can sneak off and hook up behind his back
>>
>>16640981
This. haha ^.^

>>16640953
>>16640984
Yea I miss them a lot sometimes, but my bf does make me really happy. He's definitely not abusive. But I know if it doesn't work out with my bf, my guy friends will still be there for me. They told me that they understood where my bf was coming from and respect it, which is pretty awesome of them.
>>
>>16641028
Uh, that's not fucking cool. It just means he's insecure. You must be stupid.
>>
So, it has a lot to do with people getting together?
>>
>>16641028
There is no such thing as a guy friend unless they're gay. This is science. Educate yourself.
>>
>>16639789
Great tits. Who is the girl? Is she single? AAAHH like that matters! Does she want me? Let's find out! Wait, who is she again?

:Geschenkdozen:
>>
>>16640898
Seriously though. Women with too many guy friends are a reeeeeed flag.
>>
>>16641099
What? Fuck you dude, all I have is guy friends that I hang out with and I don't do anything sexual with them. I've had one, ONE good girl friend who was much older than me and not a whiny little cunt annoying bitch like most of the women I know. Infact, I find it really hard to get along with other women unless they are older or very mature.
>>
>>16641108
REEEE d Flag
>>
>>16641063

*shrug* my best friend is a girl. I love her and think she's attractive, but I'm pretty sure if we were in a relationship we'd last maybe all of a month before wanting to murder each other in our sleep.
>>
>>16639797
How so?
>>
So what if you actually want it to be a dating thing, how do you imply that you asking her out isnt for platonic purposes?
>>
>>16641181
>>16641181
send her cock pic. She might be disappointed, scared or turned off, though. Look very intensely at her, maybe she'll get the hint. Or just cause ur that kinda guy.
>>
>>16641052
I'm pretty stupid when it comes to relationships.

>>16641055
cool

>>16641063
I know all about that. It's not that I'm not attracted to them, it's just that I know I'd never want to be in a relationship with them.

>>16641099
Have you met girls in their early 20's? Few are best friend material, most are bitchy, moody cunts. But I had pretty equal amount of girl/guy best friends though. Totalled around 4 bffs and 4 really great friends. I always went out with them in groups or one on one~ even the girls. But I generally agree with your statement about women having too many guy friends is indeed a red flag. Which is why I have none except for my gay guy best friend from high school lol

Seems like you have experience in this, or know someone who has?
>>16641108
I think she knows what I'm talking about.
>>
>>16641215
Right in the feels.
>>
Does it mean dating and/or seeing someone?
>>
Bunk
>>
This is the stupidest thread. "Go out" is nothing but words. Your question is meaningless. What is your real question?

Yes, friends go out. Why wouldn't they? They are friends. Boyfriends and girlfriends go out as well.

So...does that answer your stupidly put question?
>>
>>16641188
Sending someone a dick pic is the fastest way to get rid of them
>>
>>16639792
This.

I've gone on plenty of "dates" that were just spending an evening with a friend to let off some steam. We both enjoyed ourselves and went our separate ways at night.

>>16641124
Also this as well.

Being in a relationship with a friend is like living with a friend. You will probably find that they have a ton of habits that will drive you crazy that you would have never noticed from afar.

As an adult you will probably have more friends of the opposite sex since people will have calmed down and be in long relationships.
>>
>>16642846
Surely it commonly refers to dating a member of the opposite sex
>>
>>16642849
That's because you only have 1 inch of it.
>>
>>16642919
That's a good reason to send it
>>
>>16642922
Word
>>
>>16639789
I've "went out" with someone I was extremely in love with and I was very excited about it until I realised she just thought of it as friend-thing. I'll always regret not being clearer.
>>
>>16643154
That wasn't clear enough?
>>
Wil je mijn appelboom proeven? Fris fruit in de aanbieding.
>>
File: 1445919738645.png (17 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1445919738645.png
17 KB, 300x196
>>16639789
I "go out" with female friends all the time, and rarely, the ex-girlfriend. It's not really a big deal, I thought people did this kind of shit all the time.
>>
>>16644023
Really, it doesn't seem strange to you?
>>
>>16644809
Repping this. 4 sets of 9.
>>
>>16641181
Don't say "do you want to have dinner" say "do you want to go on a date?"

Women are socially retarded. As much as they like dropping subtle hints, you need to be completely straightforward with them
>>
>>16644809
I have a bunch of female friends too, and I don't see how that's weird at all
I've also had a gf for the last 2 and a half years
>>
>>16644987
That somehow doesn't seem possible
>>
>>16646000
Bumping for what? You've had your answers.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.