[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been taking these pills, they're suppossed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 781x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 781x1024
I've been taking these pills, they're suppossed to help my acne, but they arent working as fast as I hoped.
I dont know what they contain but Im currently taking 100mg, equal to one pill, a day. But would it hurt if I start taking 2 a day? Will it speed up the process, would there be any side effects?
>>
>>16639709
If they're off-the-shelf herbal tablets... Crack on

Anything else... Stop taking it immediately
>>
>>16639718
Cant get a picture of them at the moment but they are blue capsules. Come in a small orange container.
>>
>>16639709
okay don't listen to that other guy, first of all.

secondly, why the hell would you ask this on an anonymous message board and not specify what you're taking? What do you do, close your eyes and take 100 mg of "something"? Be specific.
>>
>>16639709
>I dont know what they contain
how about you just read what it says on the information sheet ? pretty sure it's illegal to sell medication without listing the ingredients
>>
>>16639741
My answer was on the assumption they were from the internet or some wacko 'friend', considering he didn't know what they were... ie. they're not legit

>the other guy
>>
>>16639753
sorry about my poor reading comprehension.

OP, I advise you to not take any fucking pills that you don't know shit about. The fuck?
>>
>>16639750
>>16639741
>>16639761
The are prescribed by my dermetologist
I didnt have then on hand when I made the thread (just got more from te pharmicist)

They are Doxycycline Hyclate 100mg capsules.
>>
>>16639824
Oh that's straightforward. No, increasing the daily dose is not going to make it work faster. Take the medication as prescribed. Real medicine works slow bucko. Buckle up, and good luck.
>>
DO NOT DOUBLE DOSE ON DOXYCYCLINE.

Sorry for caps, but that's a really fucking stupid idea, okay? It is a powerful antibiotic and even taken normally, as prescribed by a doctor, it can fuck up your microbiota (the helpful bacteria that live in your gut and other places) and tear up your stomach something fierce. Give it time, and never fucking double dose it, even if you miss a dose.

Actually, never do that with any medication, and don't seek medical advice on here in the future. But especially don't do that with this medication. I'm not trying to be unpleasant, I'm just trying to hammer in -- this was a stupid thing to even consider.
>>
>>16639875
SECONDED
>>
>>16639875
>>16639829
Ive been taking this stuff for months now. Maybe even years, I even have been using some creams my doctor gave me.

I cant stand it anymore. Are there any other ways to reduce acne?
>>
>>16639909
>>16639709
Wash your pillow case twice a week.
>>
>>16639909
I'm frankly quite surprised your dermatologist would keep you on strong antibiotics for so long with no improvement. Assuming that your hygiene and diet are good (you're washing your face often, changing your pillow case regularly, not eating too much insane sugary or greasy crap) then it might be time to consider accutane. It's somewhat rough on your body (though a lot of the horror stories you'll read about it are misleading) but it does really work. If I were you I'd make an appointment with your dermatologist, tell him that you've been faithfully following the treatments he prescribed and you've seen no improvement, and would he consider putting you on a course of accutane?
>>
>>16639939
seconded
>>
>>16639939
When you say insanely sugary or greasy crap, what exactly do you mean?
Im not overweight, actually quite opposite, but I suppose I could do to cut out some bad foods from my diet. I assume you mean sodas and candy?
>>
>>16640032
Sodas, candy, pastries, and even fruit juice (which is incredibly sugary despite having a reputation for health.) When I say greasy crap I mean highly processed stuff like pizza and, like, hot pockets. Keeping that stuff to a minimum is good for your overall health, too, not just your skin.

Frankly, though, people tend to greatly overstate the effect of diet on acne. A lot of the "evidence" on it is anecdotal/folk wisdom and not really supported by actual research. Acne is mostly caused by bacterial infection provoked by overactive glands, which is not something your diet will particularly affect. If you're practicing good hygiene I really doubt your diet is contributing much to the problem, and I really, really don't think you should continue on an antibiotic that's proving completely ineffective. I still strongly recommend going back to your dermatologist. If s/he doesn't change up your treatment (I'd guess he's most likely to suggest accutane at this point, but he might have other ideas) then personally I would be tempted to get a second opinion from a different dermatologist. But that's your call.

Also, please don't take this post (or anything you read on here) in lieu of actual medical advice. I'm recommending you go see a professional and give him an update on your situation, not recommending that you strike out and switch up your medication on your own. Please don't stop taking the doxycycline or start taking anything else without checking with him first.
>>
>>16640115
Thank you.
>>
>>16640255
No problem. Acne is frustrating but it does get better, sometimes it just takes a while to find the right treatment. Be safe and best of luck.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.