[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"So hey you wanna go out this weekend" >"Sorry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: the ghost of feels past.jpg (86 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
the ghost of feels past.jpg
86 KB, 804x802
>"So hey you wanna go out this weekend"
>"Sorry I'm actually seeing someone"/"I'm a lesbian"

What's the right way to respond? I never know what to do in this situation and end up spazzing out.
>>
>>16639503
Say "that's hot"

Just that
>>
kpeaceoutbye
>>
>>16639503
"Sorry, I'm not interested in you"
>>
>>16639543
This is good
>>
"No problem you can call me Shirley as you blow my dick"

but seriously just say you're sorry and that you didn't know that and
>>
"no thanks"
>>
>>16639503

Do you mean you're a girl and these are your only two go-to responses, or that you're a guy and you don't know how to reply to this answer to asking them out?

The difference is important.
>>
>>16639503
Say "oh, okay! Sorry haha."

Like, are you just walking up to someone and asked if without any surrounding convo? The best way to recover is by returning to the convo. Like:
"So have you seen the new starwars movie yet?"
"No, but I heard it's supposed to be really good!"
"Yeah! You wanna see it with me this weekend?
"Oh, I have a boyfriend"
"Oh okay, I'll go see it with a friend then. You said you like game of thrones, right? I heard the actress who plays the storm trooper captain is the same one who plays brianne of tarth in GOT! Etc etc"

That way it's not awkward.
Anything else will be some degree of awkward.
>>
>>16639503
>Sorry I'm actually seeing someone
>Oh, I have a boyfriend
Be careful with this since autists tend to latch on to every little word you say, and if you agree to go somewhere with someone in earshot of said autist they'll sperg the fuck out every time.
>>
>>16639503
Tell her you're a male lesbian and it's sexist to discriminate against you.
>>
>>16639851
There is this. It is not a good idea to use this kind of response unless it's true, or at least unless you don't expect anyone else to ask you out at that particular place and time.

A better bet is just to give it to them straight: they're not your type. This may not sound gentle enough, but the thing about sperglords is that they don't respond to the usual brush-offs the same way normal people do. You think you're sparing their feelings, because that's what would happen with a normal person, but all the sperglord sees is that he's been lied to, and it pisses him off way worse than the blunt truth would have.

Ironically, this actually works better the more embittered they become. Full-blown Elliots don't expect honesty, and it catches them off-guard. Give an Elliot the hard truth, and you'll send him into a spiral of self-pity. But he won't be capable of getting mad at you, because what you said wasn't wrong.
>>
>>16639503
"Oh ok."

Then walk away. It ain't hard buddy.
>>
>>16639503
"haha that's ok" not that hard
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.