[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ fags So im really into metal and shit and since i was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ROSM2_hero.jpg (148 KB, 613x331) Image search: [Google]
ROSM2_hero.jpg
148 KB, 613x331
Hey /adv/ fags
So im really into metal and shit and since i was a kid i wanted to play guitar
Does this game really help?
What are good prices for a first guitar?
Please give me some tips too
>>
Yeah, I'm at about 150 hours in Rocksmith and I've made loads of progress. Iron Maiden will make you a great musician. The Bachsmith pack is invaluable. The Sublime pack helped me develop barr chord capabilities.

It's a good way to keep the guitar in your hands for hours. Don't forget to practice without it, though. Once you get comfortable, try learning from tablature as soon as possible.

I bought a 700 dollar Stratocaster. I knew I was making an investment, though and wanted a middle end. If you want to go cheap, get one of those 100-200 dollar Yamahas.
>>
>>16639227

Get a guitar and just play.

That shit right there learns you a couple of songs, but the creativitity and being able to improvise to rythms and tones dissappears along with it.

Fuck that shit. Get a guitar. Learn some chords. Make your own songs. THEN learn other peoples songs.
Oh, and make sure you have people to play along with, it'll boost your rythm and feeling faster.
>>
>>16639227
If you just want to play metal, buy a guitar with humbuckers. And some amps are better than others for that metal sound. I don't know the specifics though, I mostly play jazz. As for specific guitar recommendations, check out the entry level Yamahas or you can drop a few more bills for an Epiphone Les Paul Studio.

There are lots of free lessons and shit online if you wanna get more serious about it. The more "intuitive" way to learn is to just try and play songs you like.
>>
>>16639227
The game is super fun and frustrating at the same time, but saying that, really worth it. Also if you do get it, you can download your own songs onto it. Look up customsforge and you should be able to figure it out from there.
>>
First guitar should cost about $100-200
You don't want a piece of shit
Epiphones are good starter guitars, I have an epiphone Les Paul special II that was my first guitar and I still like playing that.
You can easily order starter sets that come with small amps and cords and shit, or go into a music store and ask what you need

I have rocksmith and it is OK,.... It's worth having but it definitely has some drawbacks.
It makes it easy to want to play guitar when starting which is important and it can help teach songs.
Definitely get into it its way worth it
>>
you also NEED to find some people to play with
>>
>>16639366
Cant i download the packs for free on customforge?
Yeah i dont even have the guitar yet but im watching lots of vids for begginers so i can play something
Im thinking about buying a dean/sg guitar 190$ to beguin , theyre beautiful and i really like the sound
>>
>>16639668
Yeah i already know about it , but thanks

>>16639545
Im planning on doing both :)

>>16639697
Thanks , already have rocksmith haha

>>16639715
Unfortunatelly i have nobody to jam with ...so that sucks
>>
>>16639746
Not the packs already in game but there is a large amount of songs in the library that they offer. and it is all free.
>>
>>16639768
All the dlc is pay to play
>>
>>16639227
There's a guitar general in the >>>/mu/ catalog and they're usually not terrible when it comes to advice about guitars
But if you get rocksmith and want to play metal get a guitar with humbuckers.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.