[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I was an idiot teenager I moved across the country to live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images (14).jpg (11 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
11 KB, 500x294
When I was an idiot teenager I moved across the country to live with some guy I met online and had been in an ldr for a few months. I threw out almost everything I owned and took my most valuable possessions with me. Of course things went south very quickly and I had to run home after a few months and leave my things behind.

We keep in touch. He thinks I'm going back eventually. There's no way I am, I just talk to him so he can send my things back to me. He's promised so many times and I even sent him money but he never did. He promised to pay it back but of course he never did.

I know I'm getting scammed but they are irreplaceable sentimental items that I miss daily. Like my late grandpa's harmonica. I can't just go over there and collect my shit otherwise I would have.

What do guys. I just want my stuff back.
>>
It's been a few years since the move.
>>
get a bunch of friends, break in and get your stuff
>>
>>16638256
It will cost me thousands of dollars to get there and back, if it were any easier I would have done that
>>
This is called a "sunk cost". Move along, you'll only dig yourself deeper. Sentiment is lovely, but they're just things.
>>
>>16638257
What country costs thousands of dollars to travel across? Even Florida to Alaska doesnt cost that much
>>
>>16638332
trans-atlantic flights are usually >1k
>>
You're not going to be getting your stuff back from him, that's his hold on you. Unless you intend to go there in person, gather your stuff and hope he doesn't attack, rape, and imprison you, you need to let it go.

It may be sentimental but think of it as a reminder not to do anything like that again.
>>
you'll never see your shit again.
deal with it. or keep being a stupid cunt and fuck him a few more times in hopes he'll change his mind kek.
>>
You can ask the police to go with you to retrieve it if you can get back to the town
>>
>>16638344
>cross country
>transatlantic
:/

Also fuck you for being dumb. I had two friends that did that. One's okay and has her own place. The other went from being an alpha lesbian to some mexican's ho
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.